The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Repercussions. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Repercussions. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Repercussions. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Repercussions. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Repercussions. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Repercussions. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Repercussions. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Repercussions. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Repercussions. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Repercussions. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
peader50
anicoll5
LOBO
7 posters

Repercussions.

Repercussions. Empty Repercussions.

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 20:59

Heres a little story, which in hindsight is quite ironic really, as all my fears for spurs were realised in that game last night.
    My man utd mate said he was looking forward to the bayern v chelsea game, and thought bayern would win.
    I said to him " hang on here " what you dont realise is that anything to do with spurs isnt straight forward, whats the betting that chelsea will fluke it, take our cl place, take the millions, and come back for a spurs player or two in the summer.
    Well its history now, but the repercussions are worrying, the same players that failed to secure 3rd place might want away, or cause trouble and disruption.
    Furthermore it may affect what money is available for new players, now the expectation of a windfall isnt going to happen.
    Further history is the last third of season collapse, that was horrific, one thing that puzzles me is why players like caulker are deemed not ready for the first team, and sent out on loan, and does a good job for a team that was considered relegation candidates, when our own ledley king is now slowing up and those knee problems taking its toll, surely it would have made sense to have caulker and kaboul at centre back ? and dont say caulker wasnt ready, because he played a major part in swanseas season.
    I suppose we just have to see what happens now, but i just wonder what the repercussions will be now all the players have is europa league ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Repercussions. Empty Re: Repercussions.

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 00:35

If we can hold on to our best players Modric & Bale then we will be ok, but like Nasri & clichy why settle for second best when there's better offers on the table , are we really that big a club that we can keep city & utd at bay from nicking our best players , one day the penny will drop for levy that enable to compete we have to compete in every aspect , Its ok to say yes but why should we pay top dollar , Im proud that our club don't pay big wages , well fair do but where does it get you ? nowhere , but we can only blame ourself's if our tops players want to leave , we had it in our hands and threw it away
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 21 2012, 01:49

You can't spend what you ain't got

You can get away with it for a little while but in the end you have to pay

Ask Peter Ridsdale
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon May 21 2012, 01:58

we need to get vertonghen in and put steve caulker in first team squad like kyle walker last season and god what i would nt pay for jan klaas huntelaar a outstanding goalscorer
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 02:02

Bale and Modric still got a few years on their contracts, so Levy doesn't have to sell. But here's a thought. Did Modric really have a great season this time round? I think not and although Thudd isn't a Modric he can pick a decent pass and be influential. Barca have offered 25 mill for Modric apparently. If true they need to get real 35 to 40 maybe but don't insult us with an offer like that. Anyway, we could sell modric to get some badly needed funds to buy players. Having said that we didn't spend much of the money we got from our last CL campaign. Where has that money gone?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 02:05

peader50 wrote:we need to get vertonghen in and put steve caulker in first team squad like kyle walker last season and god what i would nt pay for jan klaas huntelaar a outstanding goalscorer

There seems to be a problem with the Vertonghen deal at the moment. The player wants to come to Spurs but yet again Levy is haggling over the price. We are in danger of losing out on another good player because of Levy's intransigence in the transfer market.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 02:54

I think Modric will go abroad this summer , and I think levy will grant his transfer .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 21 2012, 04:21

It's all very well saying get this player or that but what top player wants to come to a club with no CL.

I think it's a certainty that Modric is on his way in the Summer. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy didn't promise him a move if he stayed for this season and if we didn't make CL ....which we haven't of course....He would let him move on. I just hope its abroad rather than City, UTD or Chelsea.

Even Bale has been talking about if we don't make the CL then he will have to look at whats best for him. So he could be away also.

If we should lose both of them then I really do worry about our future. The players we have coming back are good players but they are certainly not ones that are going to frighten the likes of the so called top 4. Not like Bale and Modric can.

It could have been so different if we had a manager that could motivate and was tacticly aware, unlike Harry.

What was it in the end one point from 3rd spot and all it needed in just one of those poor games we had at the end was a liitle bit of magic from the gaffer. But he just sat on his seat getting redder in the face, unlike Mancine who's tactical changes at the end of the QPR game won them the match and the title.

And all Redknapp can say is "What do they expect we finished 4th didn't we" Well yes we did Harry but it should have been a whole lot better because we were a mile in front of the Gooners and we gifted it to them and they were not playing well but they did enough.

So instead of having ago at the supporters, take a look at yourself and the season and if you are honest you will say I f*cked up and I am sorry mr supporter it wont happen again on my watch. But that's not the Redknapp way is it.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 04:37

any player that dont want to play for spurs can go

sell bale for 50 mill. let him try and tell fergie where he wants to play.
    if he goes man u or barcelona he will be playing left back
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 05:04

Point is Mikey what will be will be. We have lost players and managers before as I posted on another thread. We'll survive, we always do. We might not win much but we'll survive. Let's just wait and see what happens then take it from there.

Last edited by BazSpur on Mon May 21 2012, 05:14; edited 1 time in total
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon May 21 2012, 05:11

We might not get Vertonghen now that were not in the CL, things might get really bad, but i'm trying to stay positive, its a bit difficult atm.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 21 2012, 05:35

BazSpur wrote:Point is Mikey what will be will be. We have lost players and managers before as I posted on another thread. We'll survive, we always do. We might not win much but we'll survive. Let's just wait and see what happens then take ir from there.

I know we'll survive Baz, we are a very stable club financially but like all supporters of our club I want to win the Premiership and we came close this time. Now I don't have rose coloured specs and I do accept that the team is not quite top class in all departments and is in fact a lot short of City but Utd were not a great side this year and were there for the taking.

So just surviving has no appeal for me as I know we are not in danger of relegation but we are not Stoke or WBA whose only aim is to stay in the Prem. I want more and I get upset when we blow an opportunity like we had this season.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 05:39

Mikey, I was upset too and I know where you're coming from. It's difficult being a Spurs supporter as we all know but I can't see it getting much better until we have the new Stadium. So it would be nice to win a trophy here and there until then. I don't even mind the CC and I'd certainly take the FA Cup and Europa.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 21 2012, 05:58

I agree Mikey. The thing is I feel that at times we let players go and do not replace them with players with the same quality. Take our keepers, we let Paul Robinson go when I think he had a few more seasons in him, and imo he was a better keeper than Gomes or Friedel. I never understood why we let Lee Young-Pyo go, he was a very good left back. We let Berbatov go and what do we get, Best on loan from United. We, I believe have a very good player in Kranjcar but he can not seem to get a run in the team. We loan out Bentley, Jenas and Dos Santos when perhaps we should have hung onto them. We sell Pav when perhaps he could have got us the goals needed to help us secure third place only to be replaced by Saha on a six month loan. We keep King in the squad when he is plagued with knee problems. I can not imagine this going on at United or City, our club seems disorganized and untill we get some stability we will not achieve the success we all crave.

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 06:08

Gomes v man c when we won
    03 Bale
    04 Kaboulyellow card
    20 Dawson
    26 King
    32 Assou-Ekottoyellow card
    06 Huddlestoneyellow card
    07 Lennon (Bentley 71)
    14 Modric (Palacios 88)
    15 Crouch
    18 Defoe (Pavlyuchenko 81)
    Substitutes
    27 Alnwick, 19 Bassong, 05 Bentley, 08 Jenas, 12 Palacios, 09 Pavlyuchenko, 17 Gudjohnsen
    then the game v chelsea 3days before
    Gomes
    03 Bale
    04 Kaboul
    19 Bassong
    20 Dawson
    32 Assou-Ekotto
    05 Bentley
    06 Huddlestone yellow card
    14 Modric
    09 Pavlyuchenko yellow card (Crouch 90+5)
    18 Defoe (Gudjohnsen 78)

then we was a team but now we have so called supertstars and players with big egos

only player we had then with a big ego was bentley

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 15:55

anicoll5 wrote:You can't spend what you ain't got

Ask Peter Ridsdale

You would know the spurs finances then nic ?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 21 2012, 17:16

I do Lew - it is all published and free for anyone to look at
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 17:41

Mr Plums. wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:You can't spend what you ain't got

Ask Peter Ridsdale

You would know the spurs finances then nic ?

LOL Lew

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:16