The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sandro V Dos Santos  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sandro V Dos Santos  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Sandro V Dos Santos

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Sandro V Dos Santos  Empty Sandro V Dos Santos

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jun 04 2012, 07:06

H-T ... Brazil 0 Mexico 2

Dos Santos scores one , not sure if he meant it as it were a cross come chip but it looked good lol . He then won a penalty for Manures's Hernandez to score. Both Gio and Sandro playing well .

Damiou, on the other hand who's our potential target, is having another quiet game at center forward for Brazil.

It's an exciting game , well worth watching online if you've not got ESPN.
    [b]

Sandro V Dos Santos  Empty Re: Sandro V Dos Santos

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05 2012, 06:15

i saw gio in the game a few days before and he looks good
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Jun 05 2012, 08:27

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1208297-viral-video-of-the-day-giovani-dos-santos-demonstrates-joga-bonito-for-brazil
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Jun 05 2012, 09:37

GIO AINT HAD A CHANCE REALLY AT SPURS
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 05 2012, 17:33

shearspur wrote:GIO AINT HAD A CHANCE REALLY AT SPURS

If that were true Shear his parents would have ripped into Spurs rather than apologising for his conduct.

I do like him though. I said a little while ago that it would be nice to see if he could slot into the VDV role and play across the back line as a support striker/attacking midfielder, I do think that would make the most of his talents rather than isolating him out wide.

Can't see it though, Aitch doesn't seem to have that kind of faith in him. I wonder if he watched the match though, considering the current players there and the prospects we are pursuing. He may have gotten just a few ideas.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jun 05 2012, 23:57

cstmrsking wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1208297-viral-video-of-the-day-giovani-dos-santos-demonstrates-joga-bonito-for-brazil

Just helping out Kingy mate

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jun 06 2012, 00:10

Just found some of the game's highlights for those interested .

Damiao scored an offside goal on 10 mins , I must've just missed it by 5 mins, when I watched the game ..

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jun 06 2012, 00:19

Shear & Ion .... Do you think there is room in a team for forward players, that don't really pull their weight defensively in a top premiership team ? Watching the game, I didn't see to much tracking back in defence by either Gio or Man Utd's Hernandez.

Gio's game outside of the penalty box is far superior to the ManUre player's too on the evidence of this game .

I just feel Gio's talents deserved more than one premeirship start since 2008.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jun 06 2012, 00:24

While Im singing Gio's praises lol

why not have a reminder of this beauty.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaal

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 01:30

hes not had much chance. when he plays its in the uefa cup with the kids.
    even in our uefa cup run the year before last he played well untill he got injurid

we play him out wide when hes best behind the striker.
    he could be the new vdv. we should of used him more this season but its clear harry has favorites.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Wed Jun 06 2012, 03:19

reminds me of little jose domingez all the talent in the world but not consistant

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 04:31

at least jose got game time
    gio has not under harry
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jun 06 2012, 07:40

dont know why they buy half the players they do at spurs,dont seem like much thought goes into it.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jun 07 2012, 12:02

ArnieArdiles wrote:Shear & Ion .... Do you think there is room in a team for forward players, that don't really pull their weight defensively in a top premiership team ? Watching the game, I didn't see to much tracking back in defence by either Gio or Man Utd's Hernandez.

Gio's game outside of the penalty box is far superior to the ManUre player's too on the evidence of this game .

I think there is Arnie, if the set up is correct. For instance, 4-2-3-1 is a possibility, 3-5-2 is another. If the player is roaming in the hole then he would be better utilised as an out ball as he would be difficult to track. Let's face it, if we can't defend with 8 players then Johnny two Saints isn't really going to tip the balance.

I can't see it happening though. It looks as though Aitch just wants him gone and it's a shame really as I think we've missed out there. He comes across to me as a player who needs the kind of backing that HR gives to the other players, why he was never really given some regular runs in the cups at least I'll never know.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jun 10 2012, 23:45

ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Shear & Ion .... Do you think there is room in a team for forward players, that don't really pull their weight defensively in a top premiership team ? Watching the game, I didn't see to much tracking back in defence by either Gio or Man Utd's Hernandez.

I think there is Arnie, if the set up is correct. For instance, 4-2-3-1 is a possibility, 3-5-2 is another. If the player is roaming in the hole then he would be better utilised as an out ball as he would be difficult to track. Let's face it, if we can't defend with 8 players then Johnny two Saints isn't really going to tip the balance.

I can't see it happening though. It looks as though Aitch just wants him gone and it's a shame really as I think we've missed out there. He comes across to me as a player who needs the kind of backing that HR gives to the other players, why he was never really given some regular runs in the cups at least I'll never know.

If we cant defend with 8 players is a good point, Ion.

I'm amazed at some of the tactics employed by some managers when it comes to the defensive side of the game, I really am . Take yesterdays's Euro game between Portugal and Germany. At every corner Germany had, both Nani and Ronaldo were defending it in their box. I'm just amazed why a football coach would set up his players in that way or is it just me? Can't a coach/manager not see that sometimes it's better to have players of that calibre and speed as an outlet at corners, thus giving the opponent less encoragement to throw players into their box ?

I just think the energy of some players like Dos Santos are best utilised in the opponents half. In Mexico's game with Brazil, the long ball out to him was sticking at his feet more often than not, despite some good pressure by the Brazil defence and he also had the energy to case the Brazil defenders untill he was subbed on the hour.

Having been following Dos Santo's Mexico games, I'm even more perplexed with Harry than I were before . I think Harry could've done better with him and also Niko Kranjcar who's just left us . Both would've been the ideal substitutes for a tiring VDV.
    I'm now expecting Niko Kranjcar to bang in a couple for Croatia at the Euro .
    [b]
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Jun 10 2012, 23:49

And a greenie for the just seen avatar, Ion ...Quality lol

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 05:10

bang on there arnie
    you dont need so many players back for corners