The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
MarkA249
djfitzo
anicoll5
LOVELOVEROCKET
LOBO
BazSpur
Maximus
11 posters

AVB

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

AVB Empty AVB

Post by Maximus Tue Jul 03 2012, 21:47

Reports emerging from the City of London right now that Andres Villas Boas is indeed the manager/coach/most recent ginger person to have been employed at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

http://harry-hotspur.com
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AVB Empty Re: AVB

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 03 2012, 21:48

Talksport are reporting that he is at WHL.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 03 2012, 22:14

Hardly breaking news is it, Harry Hotspur for the lol's
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Jul 03 2012, 22:46

not a avb fan cant see him lasting more than 12 months .think we finish 6th 7th this year going be a long rocky season .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 03 2012, 22:55

If you believe in all the ballacks thats being spoken about him and spurs, i don't , I think a lot of people are in for a shcok, if we get this Kuwait money, we can't fail , simple as, we can do a city, and buy the best players, but all this scare mongering is people fearing the worse, they should really be excited , that we are looking to move forward, simple fact is, redknapp was an embarrassment of the pitch
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Jul 03 2012, 23:06

2 4th and a 5th by arry was not bad after were we were arrys trouble didnt help i agree but realitically we alwys going battle for 4th due to our wage cap . plyers going go city first utd then chavs. gettiung 3rd or higher is unrealistic and fans need be realistic .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:22

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your bold new appointment - and a three year contract as well jocolor
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AVB Empty AVB Confirmed.

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:25

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-07-03/andre-villas-boas-takes-over-as-spurs/

AVB 464824010
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:31

BazSpur wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-07-03/andre-villas-boas-takes-over-as-spurs/

AVB 464824010

Sky have got it as well Baz, but nothing on the official site, do you think they are rounding up the photos of players signed as well?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:33

oops, its there now!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 00:54

According to Sigs dad on Twitter. His son has chosen to sign for Tottenham. As long as it's not a fake account of course.

Sigurð Aðalsteinsson @S_Adalsteinsson

Delighted to announce that gylfi will sign for #thfc deal will be
    announced later today hopefully he looks forward to working with AVB
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AVB Empty AVB.

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 02:30

AVB 554228_10151090689234319_1564413199_n
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Wed Jul 04 2012, 03:10

3 AVB threads ??? eyes
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 03:12

I'm sure Vis wiill be along to merge them. lol.
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Wed Jul 04 2012, 03:53

More from Harry hotspur.....

Good evening.
    I tell you this much. I’m dead excited. The appointment of Andres Villas Boas should prove to be a genuine coup. And here’s my thinking behind why…
    AVB’s pedigree and limited past successes fill me with hope. Why should they do otherwise? They appear a fair reflection of the man. Add to the mix Sir Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho – two of the greatest footballing minds of what, the last two generations – both showed him enormous respect and what have we got? A man that one of the richest men in footballing history – Roman Abramovich – employed.
    Why was Chelsea a disaster for Boas then? Hahahahahhahahaha come on. Please tell me you didn’t arrive at this URL via the EDL website. John Terry, Fwank and Ashley are unmanageable. AVB wasn’t the first to be spat out of the Tosspot Social Club. Hiddink? Ancelotti? If you say otherwise you automatically assert that Roberto Di Mateo is one of the world’s finest football managers.
    So what did Boas actually do in his spell with the Blue Racists, then? Well, try this for size. His tactics were rather sexy . A defensive high line and an emphasis on having the ball.
    Retention, speed, attack. Just enough to make it unpalatable for the conditioned old guard who still only know and trust their counter attack methodology. And so where might a system like this flourish? Well did any of you watch the EURO 2012 final? Yeah, Spain.
    So what can we expect? The short answer ain’t short. He spoke of a project at The Bridge and I have to break it to you that we be facing an approach whereby the system is paramount and the players will have to meld in order to achieve success.
    This isn’t as creepy as Scientology I promise you. But it can be as cool to watch as a Tom Cruise movie.
    What the appointment of AVB will herald is an intense focus upon commitment, drive, achievement and ambition. The resources of the squad were under exploited by the last bloke. This chap will truly coach. And believe me he will manage.
    Why did I mention Brian Clough? Because he was a man that got a second chance from football. Football allows that you know.
    And if you were willing to pay close attention, you might learn even more than that yourself …young man.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:14

BazSpur wrote:

AVB 554228_10151090689234319_1564413199_n

Lol he makes the Fonz look uncool. Think he will do a good job. No people who think they are god in our dressing room Terry and Lampard Drogba need i go on.he was quality at Porto got give him a full season im not going to get on his back if we start of hit he needs time get a few young signings in get rid of the sh*t whats left and things will be good im sure LOL
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:19

I'm happy with this appointment. I think he will be good for us . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:31

All AVB ( coolie ) threads moved & merged . . . . . flowers . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:44

Well done Vis.

AVB 464824010
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:53

Think of all those Portuguese players joining
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 04 2012, 06:00

Tosspot Social Club PMSL. Repped Max.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jul 05 2012, 04:43

He's not for me for or all the reasons I said on here about a week ago when it looked like he was coming.

I think he's all hype and overated. What he echeived at Porto isn't difficult when you have only two teams that are any good.

His arrogance will split the players and consequentaly the dressing room.

I give him a year the most and then its back to the drawing board.

I do not subscribe to the theory that Terry and Lampard got him out they just could not deliver with his tactics and style of play.

He got found out when he moved up a level and now we have him.Why would anyone want to sign up a failed manager.

HOWEVER he is now our manager and I want him to succeed as I, like every other Spurs supporter want success at the highest level. I will pray that he gets us there and keeps us there and I will back him all the way.

I am only saying it as I and a lot of our supporters
    see it but we all hope we're wrong.

Mikey M

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:46

Mikey he won the Europa with Porto and that means overcoming some of the best teams in Europe. In this country we have nothing much more then a 3 or 4 horse race. Who has called him arrogant? Love to know the answer to that? He was 5th in the Prem when Chelski sacked him and hot on the heels of arsenil. Spurs were 3rd and a mile in front of arsenil. AVB was sacked and Chelski finished 6th, we kept Redknapp through his court case and Ing-Ger-Land bullsh*t and finished 4th. Speaks volumes to me. He was doing OK at Chelski and we had the arrogant, over hyped, over rated manager in Redknapp. Fair exchange is no robbery . . . . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 05 2012, 06:12

I have to say I am very excited about the appointment of AVB as our manager, and in all honesty I have not felt this optimistic about the future of our club for some time. I do believe he was under a lot of pressure at Chelsea from both the players and chairman who expected AVB to deliver the Champions League trophy as soon as he put his behind down on the managers seat. I also believe that if he did make mistakes at Chelsea, he will now have learnt from them. I do think Levy will give him all the backing he needs and will not put the pressure on AVB that he endured at Chelsea I think it says a great deal when Bale has put pen to paper by signing a new contract. Yes the future is bright, the future is THE LILY WHITES.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jul 05 2012, 07:14

vis wrote:Mikey he won the Europa with Porto and that means overcoming some of the best teams in Europe. In this country we have nothing much more then a 3 or 4 horse race. Who has called him arrogant? Love to know the answer to that? He was 5th in the Prem when Chelski sacked him and hot on the heels of arsenil. Spurs were 3rd and a mile in front of arsenil. AVB was sacked and Chelski finished 6th, we kept Redknapp through his court case and Ing-Ger-Land bullsh*t and finished 4th. Speaks volumes to me. He was doing OK at Chelski and we had the arrogant, over hyped, over rated manager in Redknapp. Fair exchange is no robbery . . . . . . .

Just to answer a couple of your points Vis. Fulham got to the final of the Europa so if you are really serious about winning it....which a lot of clubs arn't.....then it isn't a big deal.I believe we could have done it if Harry had been serious about it and played a strong side.

I have heard a number of pundits mention his arrogance but the most noticable was a portuguese football reporter that they had on Talk Sport about 2 weeks ago and he said that he his a very arrogant man that has no people skills whatsoever and he didn't feel he would fit in at Spurs.

I think a lot of people are getting carried away because he's Johnny foriegner. But a lot of others are a bit concerned including me.

But as I said before we shall see and I hope I'm wrong.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:17