The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Glen why ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Glen why ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Glen why ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Glen why ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Glen why ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Glen why ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Glen why ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Glen why ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Glen why ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Glen why ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
anicoll5
LOBO
6 posters

Glen why ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Glen why ? Empty Glen why ?

Post by LOBO Wed Jul 04 2012, 19:22

Glenn hoddle, legend on the pitch, of the pitch a complete mad man.

Don't know if anyone has been reading his comments about AVB, when he was infact one of the worst spurs managers in living memory , and already hes sticking the boot in , christ clenn , give the bloke a chance .

On the flip side , we have another legend, graham roberts, doing his AVB PR bit , god bless him

Interesting clip
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/120704/roberts-moutinho-would-be-fantastic-tottenham-175794?

Glen why ? Empty Re: Glen why ?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05 2012, 00:18

your right lobo
    didnt chelsea play better football and avb but because players like lumpard and terry didnt suit hes style they wanted him out.

terry was made to look averge when avb played hes defenders so high up the pitch be cause terry has no pace

now under roberto they play more direct and the senior players can do what they want
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 00:51

You're right Lought - playing that high line really did Chels a load of favours - particularly shipping five against us at the Bridge - five - I ask you Shocked

I hope AVB adopts the same approach at Spuds

If he does he is likely to get the same result as Arry did earlier in the year

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05 2012, 01:47

thanks lobo. i enjoyed listening to that

i think he will be good for us

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05 2012, 01:49

thats because terry cant run.

anway im sure if you do keep rvp then this season he will slow down a bit. theres no chance he will go another season injury free lol

anyway its better then listining to harry telling players to just run about a bit
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 02:06

You're right Lought - playing that high line really did Chels a load of favours - particularly shipping five against us at the Bridge - five - I ask you Shocked

It doesn't mean that at all Nic. You need the players that can play that system. Fast mobile players and we have them. We all know you goons are hoping he falls flat on his face and that's to be expected. You may be right but let's wait and see shall we. Glen bless him should go about his own business and leave the running of the club to AVB who will live or die by his own sword. Couldn't be a little bit miffed that he didn't get offered the job back could he? Funny isn't it? All the goons on facebook telling us that AVB will be a flop. Keep clutching those worry beads fella's PMSL.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 05 2012, 02:10

Cheers lought, I like Roberts, he said the othernight that AVB would be announced on Tuesday, he was spot on , he also said there will be more announcements later on in the week, to do with new backers from Kuwait ..exciting times indeed
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 05 2012, 02:13

BazSpur wrote:You're right Lought - playing that high line really did Chels a load of favours - particularly shipping five against us at the Bridge - five - I ask you Shocked

It doesn't mean that at all Nic. You need the players that can play that system. Fast mobile players and we have them. We all know you goons are hoping he falls flat on his face and that's to be expected. You may be right but let's wait and see shall we. Glen bless him should go about his own business and leave the running of the club to AVB who will live or die by his own sword. Couldn't be a little bit miffed that he didn't get offered the job back could he? Funny isn't it? All the goons on facebook telling us that AVB will be a flop. Keep clutching those worry beads fella's PMSL.

Some goonad lmao , on FB said yesterday, Spurs can take all there money and F-OFF , they are the next City , oh how i chuckled woo hoo
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 02:14

LOOOOOOOL. We will.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05 2012, 02:31

yep him and hazard are proper spurs.

and like baz said we have the players to play high the the pitch

lumpard and terry cant run anymore and both will get even slower this season.

at least now we are buying players and not over 30s
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 03:04

Fast mobile players ?

Who Baz ? Who are these nimble speedsters at the back ?

The Spuds defence looked the opposite of fast and/or mobile when the allegedly knackered old Chelsea tore them another one at Wembley

King ? Gallas ? The eternally injured Dawson ? Kaboul ( not a player I have ever thought of a speedy but pray enlighten me)

As I say if you have these high liners point em out - in fact you better let AVB know

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 03:12

Walker, Ekotto, Rose? And I guess whoever else he brings in. How fast is Sigurdson? instead of giving it the billy big Bollox with your sniping Nic shall we just wait and see? It would be best eh? Or has the AVB signing got you worried like all the others on facebook? If not then you have nothing to worry about.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05 2012, 03:22

king has gone. galas will just be a sub
    the others are hardly slow. talking of slow
    mershitsaker and thomas are hardly speedy Very Happy
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 03:25

So you've no fast mobile central defenders Baz

Or do you just intend to use full backs ?

So the claim about how much you are looking forward to AVB playing a " high line" seems to me to be deluded

Call it sniping if you want - and I am sure you will

Just pointing out to a few of the fantasy fans on here - Lobby and Lought as the two most obvious examples - a snap of reality

As you say though let's see how AVB gets on

As Arry was supposedly such utter shite he should have the easiest job in the PL
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 04:28

Hmmm let me think Nic. With apparently 50-70 mill to spend I would have thought AVB would have some sort of plan wouldn't you? As I say Sigurdsson is signed and we are after Vertonghen. it's not all down to speed anyway is it.?Never heard of timing then? or reading the game? I also understand he plays wth a central defender a little deeper than the others. Whatever, I am sure he has a plan as I say. If not I'll point him in your direction. You can give him some tips. Now then what was the title of this thread?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:08

So now he plays with a deep lying central defender - as opposed to a set of fast mobile players keeping a "high line" you first said was the master plan

The " line" is a clue as to why both those statements can't be true

Seems to me whichever it was it was ineffective at the Bridge

I hope to feck he is better at explaining his ideas than you are Baz

No offence no offence lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:12

I said a little deeper. Anyway. Carry on chuntering and making yourself look a knob as usual.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:18

Chuntering !

Chuntering !

Low blow Baz low blow Sad
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:23

Glen why ? Thumbs-up
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:48

anicoll5 wrote:So now he plays with a deep lying central defender - as opposed to a set of fast mobile players keeping a "high line" you first said was the master plan

The " line" is a clue as to why both those statements can't be true

Seems to me whichever it was it was ineffective at the Bridge

I hope to feck he is better at explaining his ideas than you are Baz

No offence no offence lol

When he was sacked he was ON arsenils heels and improving . . . . . .

Last edited by vis on Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:59; edited 1 time in total
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 05 2012, 05:58

anicoll5 wrote:Fast mobile players ?

The Spuds defence looked the opposite of fast and/or mobile when the allegedly knackered old Chelsea tore them another one at Wembley

King ? Gallas ? The eternally injured Dawson ? Kaboul ( not a player I have ever thought of a speedy but pray enlighten me)

As I say if you have these high liners point em out - in fact you better let AVB know

Warning, warning Will Robinson . goner Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733
    Fast mobile players Nic? King & Gallas aint going to be them, same as Nelsen. Daws is a tadge slow as well. You mention Kaboul? Surely as a closet Yid and expert on all things Spurs you must remember he was used as cover at full-back on several occasions and showed a clean pair of heels in that posistion? Maybe your rose coloured glasses just see him playing alongside the likes of Gallas ? The new lad, Big V, is pacy. Ekotto, Bale, Walker, Naughton all pacy and all more then capable of fitting into a new system & style. Unlike the Chelski pensioners. C'Mon you must be truely excited at the prospect of a fresh, new experiment at The Lane. Heady days indeed . . . .
    Glen why ? 764682
    . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 05 2012, 06:01

vis wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:Fast mobile players ?

Warning, warning Will Robinson . goner Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733 Glen why ? 912733
    Fast mobile players Nic? King & Gallas aint going to be them, same as Nelsen. Daws is a tadge slow as well. You mention Kaboul? Surely as a closet Yid and expert on all things Spurs you must remember he was used as cover at full-back on several occasions and showed a clean pair of heels in that posistion? Maybe your rose coloured glasses just see him playing alongside the likes of Gallas ? The new lad, Big V, is pacy. Ekotto, Bale, Walker, Naughton all pacy and all more then capable of fitting into a new system & style. Unlike the Chelski pensioners. C'Mon you must be truely excited at the prospect of a fresh, new experiment at The Lane. Heady days indeed . . . .
    Glen why ? 764682
    . . . . . . .

Glen why ? 464824010
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 06:05

I don't have a problem with Kaboul Vis - decent player but fast and mobile ?

Think back to his sending off at the Brittania

Big lad, good touch but quick ??
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 05 2012, 06:09

Go back through your Spurs memorey Nic and you will see he has pace. Turns on the after-burners over a distance. Not a Thoroughbred sprinter for sure but he has enough in the locker to cover the ground . . . . ..
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Jul 05 2012, 06:31

Hmmm - I shall consult my Encylopedia Spudicus

What got me into thread was the outrage that Glenn Hoddle's claim that Levy had taken a big risk appointing AVB

I then read various efforts to paint AVBs period at CFC as a success,and if not then not his fault anyway !

Face it boys - its a big risk

If it works you are larfing

If not then it is the Jol/Ramos shambles all over again again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content