The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
freund EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
freund EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
freund EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
freund EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
freund EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
freund EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
freund EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
freund EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
freund EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

freund Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
vis
djfitzo
ArnieArdiles
7 posters

freund

freund Empty freund

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 23:57

We are delighted to announce the appointment of former player Steffen Freund as our new Assistant Head Coach.

Steffen became a popular figure amongst our supporters after joining the Club in 1998 from Borussia Dortmund, spending five years at White Hart Lane and was part of our League Cup winning side of 1999.

He made a total of 120 appearances in our colours and has since been inducted into the Club’s Hall of Fame.

A European Championship winner with Germany in 1996, Steffen has since gone on to coach the Germany national side at Under-16 , Under-17 and Under-20 level as well as acting as Assistant Coach to Berti Vogts for the Nigeria national side.

Steffen’s appointment completes Head Coach Andre Villas-Boas’ coaching team, alongside First Team Fitness Coach Jose Mario Rocha, Head of Opposition Scouting Daniel Sousa, First Team Coach Luis Martins and Goalkeeping coach Tony Parks.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33128&posts=7#ixzz203GxtHch
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

freund Empty Re: freund

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 12 2012, 00:01

I like this . Welcome Steffan......

The team's shooting is about to go up a few levels! lol

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jul 12 2012, 02:29

Whole hearted player that always gave 110% and I can only see this as a positive around the camp.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jul 12 2012, 06:58

PMSL Steffan the Man back at The Lane. Who was it attacked with a scything tackle then ran away scare shitless yet giggling (Roy Keane?)? Always had a lot of time for this guy. Not the best ever but every time he pulled on the Spurs shirt he gave his all, lifted his game, played for the team and rarely scored lol . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 12 2012, 07:34

Football genius lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 13 2012, 01:16

Love the bloke, always did.

He is highly regarded as a coach too across Europe for the work he has done with the German U16 to U18's.

From a professional perspective it seems to be an excellent appointment. On a personal level, I'm just looking forward to hearing the songs in WHL again.

'I love Steffen Freuuuund, Steffen Freund loves me...........'
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 13 2012, 03:01

ionman34 wrote:Love the bloke, always did.

He is highly regarded as a coach too across Europe for the work he has done with the German U16 to U18's.

From a professional perspective it seems to be an excellent appointment. On a personal level, I'm just looking forward to hearing the songs in WHL again.

'I love Steffen Freuuuund, Steffen Freund loves me...........'

I too loved the fella ion. As others have said, he gave his all for the team.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jul 13 2012, 05:27

I don't think the teams shooting is to go up a few levels Arnie due to Steffen's arrival, he never scored for us and only scored I think 9 goals in his career, 6 for Borussia Dortmund in 117 games, 3 for Schalke in 53 games, a big fat zero in 102 games for us. Great to see him back at Spurs though and I hope he strikes up a great working relationship with AVB. Looking good imo.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 13 2012, 12:29

Boltjean wrote:I don't think the teams shooting is to go up a few levels Arnie due to Steffen's arrival, he never scored for us and only scored I think 9 goals in his career, 6 for Borussia Dortmund in 117 games, 3 for Schalke in 53 games, a big fat zero in 102 games for us. Great to see him back at Spurs though and I hope he strikes up a great working relationship with AVB. Looking good imo.
    Arnie was having a laugh Len.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:44

Apparently , Freund will be coaching the strikers , and the director of football for penalty taking lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:47

Boltjean wrote:I don't think the teams shooting is to go up a few levels Arnie due to Steffen's arrival, he never scored for us and only scored I think 9 goals in his career, 6 for Borussia Dortmund in 117 games, 3 for Schalke in 53 games, a big fat zero in 102 games for us. Great to see him back at Spurs though and I hope he strikes up a great working relationship with AVB. Looking good imo.

Crikey Len , you must be a big fan to know all them statistics drunken
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:58

Just did a bit of searching Lobo, certainly not brain work, although I wish it was. Brain not what it was sad to say. History of Spurs comes in handy as well.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 18 2012, 06:13

For those that have not seen it , Freund's first Spurs interview.....

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 18 2012, 06:18

Great interview Arnie. A Spurs man through and through. freund 379710

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 00:09