The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
king EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
king EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
king EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
king EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
king EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
king EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
king EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
king EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
king EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

king Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

king

king Empty king

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 04:30

LEDLEY KING astonishingly admits he has been injured for his ENTIRE football career.

Spurs ace King was forced to retire last week at the age of 31 after tearfully conceding that his left knee could no longer stand the rigours of top-flight football.

But, for the first time, he has confessed that he has been crocked for 13 years — ever since he made his full debut in a match at Derby in October 1999.

He revealed: “It’s amazing that I played as long as I did really when I think back to that game at Pride Park.

“It was my first start for Spurs, I was playing in midfield and after about 30 seconds I was clattered by Rory Delap.

“I just about managed to complete the game but I needed an operation on my left knee afterwards which kept me out for six weeks. I’ve been having operations on that knee ever since.

“You could say that was the start of the end and it was only four days after my 19th birthday.”

King learned to live with the injury over the years. For the last five seasons he barely trained but, with the help of the Spurs physios and some medicinal aid, he was able to perform in games.

Not only that, he earned rave reviews from his managers and opposition players. Few doubt he could have played for the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid had he been fully fit.

Whole interview here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4460327/Ledley-...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33303&posts=8#ixzz21ldVVW1E
    vis
    vis

king Empty Re: king

Post by vis Mon Jul 30 2012, 08:26

Clattered by Rory Delap? Now theres a surprise . . . . .