The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
red bulls - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
red bulls - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
red bulls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

red bulls - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

red bulls

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

red bulls - Page 2 Empty Re: red bulls

Post by totalytot Fri Aug 03 2012, 07:03

djfitzo wrote:
    totalytot wrote: It's just my opinion Dave but that lineup is not going to frighten any of the top 3 sides.

With Modric gone we need a playmaker. Sandro isn't and Hudd isn't.

I think the defence is solid now providing Ekotto is on his game....He is apparently stalling on a new contract...but we need a class replacement for Modric and a top striker even if Ade changes his mind....personaly I would rather the greedy b*stard stayed at city and rotted
    on the bench, he's not interested in us just what he can get out of us.But if he does come we still need another.

I believe we need, certainly 2 probably 3 more players.

A lot of the players given a run out in these games are just fringe squad players and never going to help us win the prem. Bentley, Jenas, Livermore,Townsend etc etc.

Mr Levy needs to splash the cash on quality and with the sales from Modric and Pienar and a couple of others we have the money and if he is serious about competing with the Mancs and Chelsea then he has to do it soon.

Mind you most of the top midfielders have gone to Chelski, two of them we were supposed to be in for Oscar and Hazard. The money they have spent in the last few weeks is mind blowing and it hasn't stopped yet.

Even the scum are spending and early too.

I don't want to go back to 5th or 6th. I have enjoyed the heady heights of the last couple of seasons.

AVB i'm not your biggest fan but get it sorted if you can...PLEASE!!!

Mikey M

Mikey, i disagree on Hudd, he has a better range of passing than Modric and is more imposing. We have Sig from midfield who can score the goals as Modric does not score enough. Modric is tidy, but cant mix it up when it comes to the long ball, which Hudd is a master at. With Sig breaking from midfield and dropping to make it a three when bale and Lennon get caught upfield wide, I think our midfield is better than last season.

You mention Cheatski, but what we have is harmony and how long do you think the yes man that is Di Matteo will last with about 14 midfielders to fit in, has anymore at their club realised that you can only play a certain amount of players in midfield?
    Do you honestly think the players that Arsenal have bought are going to trouble the two Manc clubs, I assume you meant Arsenal as the other top three club.
    Who have Liverpool bought?
    I think we are at least as strong as last season and we finished 4th, i dont see anything to suggest that we will go back to 5th or mid table.

I hope you are right Dave but I think Hudd has more bad games than good and the long passes are few and far between. A good player to have in the squad but not the class of Moutinio who would do more damage than Hudd oiver the season.

However it's unlikely to happen as mr Levy will not pay the 30mil that it would cost. The same same applies to buying a top striker.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 09:16

wish levey would go spend 40 50 mill on 2 top players

what with the dead would we sold plus 35 plus for modric we should have loads in the bank

plus we hardly spent any money since we got top 4 two season ago
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Aug 03 2012, 19:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:wish levey would go spend 40 50 mill on 2 top players

what with the dead would we sold plus 35 plus for modric we should have loads in the bank

plus we hardly spent any money since we got top 4 two season ago

But to do that, you can kiss goodbye to a shiny new stadium, its a difficult balancing act unless the rumours are true about investment from the Middle East.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:29