The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
getting worried EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
getting worried EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
getting worried EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
getting worried EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
getting worried EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
getting worried EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
getting worried EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
getting worried EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
getting worried EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

getting worried Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
MarkA249
cstmrsking
shearspur
7 posters

getting worried

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

getting worried Empty getting worried

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 04 2012, 08:11

about our striker situation now. 10 days to go i think and we look nowhere nearer to getting anyone in. even if we do now , will they be fit, will they fit into the system. do we have to shift mods to get someone in? were linked with everyone but sign no one. its very short sighted to carry on like this and then expect us to have a good start to the season. playing catch up after 3-4 games is poor management.im happy with the 2 weve signed but its up front we will fall short, makes me wish pav was still here lol.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

getting worried Empty Re: getting worried

Post by cstmrsking Sat Aug 04 2012, 08:32

Shear, My guess this is happening all over the place with many other clubs.Yes its ideal to get them in early of course.

Remember this is Spurs. We live life as supporters on the edge.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04 2012, 08:39

blame harry for pushing pav out.

but aslong as we dont sell gio he can play up front.
    is scoring for fun for mexico. hes already got over 50 caps for them

but i rekon we will get ade. the mancs will prob let him go for free soon to make way for the pervet lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 04 2012, 09:08

im still worried guys,im going to the wba home game and unless we get 2 in upfront??? i like defoe but whos he gonna feed off.gio and defoe up front no thanks, the opposing centre backs will not be quaking in their boots.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Aug 04 2012, 18:14

Heard rumours we are close to signing two players this week one is a GK the other is a striker but the sources dont know who they are its harder to find out transfers with AVB than Harry.

I expect only 3 signings GK Striker and a mid unless rat boy leaves expect the 4-6 formation with Bale has a Ghost striker what Spain used in the Euros as a alternitive thts why sign only one striker
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Aug 04 2012, 22:20

Might not be a bad idea to put in a bid for Berbatov. Unhappy at United and I for one could forgive him as I think he still has so much to offer.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04 2012, 23:01

cant see levy allowing berbatov back though
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Aug 05 2012, 02:09

How about Dzeko from Citeh? Could be worth a shout. Available top class strikers seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I still like the idea of Sturridge but he is very similar to Defoe in his game so I'm not sure we would gain much. . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Aug 05 2012, 20:37

I would be worried if all we had was defoe & gio , we need 4 strikers , hulk & adebayor , but saying that , we can't believe the papers propaganda can we? , I think deals have been done already , if nothing has been done, and we go into the new season short again, then levy needs shooting, its ok to have all the money commonsense , but you send out your army under strength, then expect to lose.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Aug 06 2012, 02:57

i'm not feeling postive at all for the new season, leaving things to the last minute again is silly, they dont learn. But saying that, maybe we're finding it difficult bringing in quality players. I've watched all the friendlys, and it doesnt look good, no strikers have played in the friendly fixtures other than our youth players, AVB has been playing Bale up front as lone striker. Not been impressed with Vertoghen yet, although it is early days.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06 2012, 03:14

Vertoghen not look good at all. hope its just down to getting used to the players.

i wouldnt start him above kaboul daws or galas. even caulker prob should start above him
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Aug 06 2012, 03:52

FFS its pre season Lought and hes coming from another country i remember when Vidic came over he was sh*t for Manure from jan to the summer and they slagged old red nose off now hes best defender in prem league give the guy time

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06 2012, 04:57

im not slagging off just saying i not been inpressed. im not the only one. most fans have said galas been our best defender pre season.

jan looks good on the ball but he looks weak and slow. hope im wrong

vidic is not the best defender in the prem
    that is kompany

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06 2012, 04:59

There have been 3 pre season games so far all the times he's featured he's looked very shaky, no doubt that the lad has immense quality but do you think he can handle the style of play in the premiership?? So far this pre season our best CB has been William Gallas, i think that we should keep hold of him, i know it's only pre season but he's looking abit shaky...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33333&start=1#ixzz22Qia2vkN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 14:06