The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
MarkA249
shearspur
totalytot
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
LOBO
anicoll5
12 posters

What most of you blokes wanted !

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:24

So if Arry and his Spuds teams were so shite how come you finished 4th, 5th and 4th ?

The only statistics you need to worry yourself with now are P3 W0 D2 L1 Pts 2

Aggravating for AVB to lode his players now for ten days - not the mood you want to go into the int break
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 4 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:25

Btw Lought who are all these "pundits" saying Liverpool should have won ?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:45

i didnt say they should of won. but they had more of the ball. okay they didnt do anything with it.

as for harry we got 4th because chelsea and liverpool was so poor. even newcastle almost pipped us
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:51

So the reason Spuds managed 4th, 5th and 4th was all down to the position being crap ? Nothing to do with Arry, the players efforts, good performances etc

Okey dokey

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 03 2012, 08:55

@ Nic Fishing Fishing Fishing Fishing . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:04

3 wins in the last 12
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:06

i agree with lew , harry was doing a great job and 4 5 4 was good for me as i think he could have gone further. yeah he loved the media attention he thrives on it, who cares, its where we finished in the league that counted and for a long time you could be proud to be a spurs supporter. games against arsenal , liverpool , city,chelsea wasnt a fear for me anymore i felt good rather than dread of what the score might be.yes he made mistakes who doesnt?. we will now see what we have done, and we all hope avb is the man , but weve been through all this so many times. its very tiring now. most people outside spurs wonder why harry was outed.maybe were looking for something out of our grasp, unless an oil sheik buys us .you can only go so far with the resources available
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:24

yeah he loved the media attention he thrives on it, who cares, its where we finished in the league that counted

Does it not matter to you Shear how he mugged the club off when he thought the Ing-Ger-Land job was his? The merry dance he played Levy? Yup 4th, 5th, 4th is great, fantastic, triffic even but the last digit in that sequence should have read 3RD. 4th instead though because Redknapp had his foolish head turned by his chums in the meeja, the same meeja that Redknapp sucks up to & that we the fans are meant to forgive 'cos it's Redknapps way? Not for me Shear. Redknapp showed MY club a huge lack of respect and got his just deserts. No Ing-Ger-Land job, no Spurs job and no one coming in for the chancer either . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:25

BazSpur wrote:But you keep missing the point Lew or avoiding it altogether. It wasn't because he couldn't take us any further. Why don't you address the loss of a 13 yes 13 point lead over the goons which was unforgivable. Do you really think he should have been dallying in the back ground over whether he should take the England job while he still had an important job at Spurs. He should have been saying "I am at present the manager of Spurs and will be for the foreseeable" like any other decent manager would have done. What did Redknapp say. "Well you'd have to think about it wouldn't you. I mean no English manager would turn it down would he" Thereby saying to the FA Yeah come and get me f*ck this lot here. All that after the club stood by him all through his dodgy as f*ck tax fraud case. Even after all that Levy offered him a new contract and what did good old chirpy, cheeky Arry do? He turned it down because he thought it was nailed on he would get the England job. I like many others Stuck up for Arry when he was being slagged by fans who hated him and said he was nothing but a wheeler dealer. Turns out they were right. He left Portsmouth in shite and he left Southampton in shite and the only reason he didn't leave us in shite was because Levy had his card marked as a wheeler dealer and wouldn't give him much money to spend. Which is why it is being spent now. And you can add to all that the disgusting jibes he made about Spurs fans being idiots plus his media whoring from the window of his car especially on transfer deadline days. I'm glad he's gona and even if it turns out that AVB is a flop it won't change my mind about Arry.

Baz that deserved a Rep Mate , you got it f*cking spot on

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:44

thats the post i gave him a rep for aswell
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:01

Loughtonlegend wrote:gave you a rep baz for your long post. spot on

Cheers Lought.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:06

Cheers Lobs.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 14:38

Never read so much bitterness about a man aged 63 wanting to fulfill his ambition of being england manager, and for being promoted by the press from his record at spurs as the right man for the job.
    If you blokes remember levy wanted to financially milk the situation by seeking out unrealistic compensation from england, and that was one of the stumbling blocks to harry being appointed, not the fact that he wasnt considered.
    Well with all the back slapping going on here, with reps and all that, i thought it best to remind you blokes that you have your wish, harry is long gone, just dont start moaning when the best achieved is midtable.
    By the way shear, have a rep, i agree totally.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Sep 03 2012, 18:49

Vis,why did he mug the club off, he was honest from the start about his ambitions for the England job. And why wouldn't he want it.he and the players took us 13 points clear so to lose that was also the players fault jointly with him, he took us to a position we were proud of, its the old cut your nose off to spite your face now. Hope Avb can do it but we didn't need to be in this position IMO

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 19:05

shearspur wrote: Vis,why did he mug the club off, he was honest from the start about his ambitions for the England job. And why wouldn't he want it.he and the players took us 13 points clear so to lose that was also the players fault jointly with him, he took us to a position we were proud of, its the old cut your nose off to spite your face now. Hope Avb can do it but we didn't need to be in this position IMO

I think shear that it was a case of the players not knowing what was going on, and they lost focus, i think the same happened to man utd years ago when it was rumoured ferguson was going, results took a turn for the worse with them too.
    As you say harry made it clear he was interested in the england job, and many reports i read was that england would be put off by levys compensation demands, and the fact that brooking had a hand in the decision meant it wasnt a cast iron certainty that harry would get the job.
    I have already said in an earlier post that the powers that be at england headquarters should have announced that they had no intention of appointing harry after capello, that would have been the decent thing to do.
    If they had done that, harry, and the tottenham players would have known where they stood and remained focused on that 3rd place finish.
    I couldnt really give a sh*t about what harry said, or about his ambition to be england manager, it wasnt as if he was off to man city and abandoning spurs for money !
    The most important thing to me is where we have gone with harry, and i wanted that to continue, now as you say we have cut off our nose to spite our face, absolutely spot on shear.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:10

[quote="Mr Plums."]Never read so much bitterness about a man aged 63 wanting to fulfill his ambition of being england manager, and for being promoted by the press from his record at spurs as the right man for the job.

Not bitterness at all. It's opinions which we are all entitled to Lew.You certainly have yours, in fact you sound more bitter than any of us going by your first post in this thread. Remember Lew you started the thread buit now you are moaning about us having opinions. Maybe you should have given some consideration to the subject before you put finger to keyboard.

Harry out, and now reaping the rewards of what you mostly wanted is hitting home.
    To
    want the break up of continuity, and of a successful time of a manager
    of the team we support, can now be looked back on as foolhardy.

If you blokes remember levy wanted to financially milk the situation by seeking out unrealistic compensation from england, and that was one of the stumbling blocks to harry being appointed, not the fact that he wasnt considered.

Who said that? As far as I understood Levy had no contact with the FA and neither did Arry. Media rubbish Lew. Why would Levy ask for compensation when there had been no contact with the FA over Arry getting the England job? As I posted before Lew, The FA didn't even consider Arry, it was always Uncle Woy so I don't see what point you are trying to make.

Well with all the back slapping going on here, with reps and all that, i
    thought it best to remind you blokes that you have your wish, harry is
    long gone, just dont start moaning when the best achieved is midtable
    By the way shear, have a rep, i agree totally.

Well, I might moan if we are mid table just like I would have moaned if we had been midtable with Arry but the one thing I wouldn't have done Lew is moaned after 3 games about a manager that is trying to bring new ideas and new players into the club. I have a little more about me than to do something like that. I'd prefer to wait until the gaffer has had a fair chance. That's how it was in the old days Lew. Good job Manure didn't kick SAF out in the five years they won nothing before they won the FA Cup with him hey? Wonder where they would be now? At least give AVB a fair chance eh. Because if he does manage to turn it around........well, egg on face comes to mind fella.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 03 2012, 22:52

This bloke seems quite agitated;

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/

A bit of humour to ease you into the international break

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 23:03

Firstly baz, it is about opinions and you blokes spout off all sorts of venom about harry, and are hurt and upset, plus insulted by what he has reportedly said and done.

Levy was a big stumbling block to harry getting the job, because at the time all that was going on, i read, heard and it was said many times that levy would want quite a sum in compensation from england, guess nobody remembers that, and if it was media rubbish then maybe all the other stuff you blokes come up with is in the same bracket.

Of course i want avb to be a success, and here we all are bedding down a new manager ! lol it seems like we are always bedding in new managers at spurs when continuity was what was needed, not another levy ego trip.

Yes i did start the thread and i aint back tracking in what my opinion is, and that opinion is that you blokes are never happy, even when the team was thrilling the cl, and how media reports ! yes baz, media reports were stating that spurs were one of the most entertaining teams in the prem, it was more important to you blokes that harry implied some spurs fans were idiots !

Sheesh ! the most important thing baz, and if you and others dont see it, or dont want to see it , was results, at the end of the day, goals going in the net, points on the table, entertaining players, and that is what you got with harry, yes he had his glitches, but his record of his time at spurs is there for all to see.
    ...........and of course now we are all hoping for someone to improve on that record, and if we go backwards in the meanwhile, dont worry its bedding in time again.
    Had harry still been in charge and turned out the 2 points we have so far, how many on here would be crying that we have gone backwards, harry has lost the plot, etc etc etc.
    Its crazy mate to fix something when it aint broken.

Had harry got 8th, 7th 8th, then i could understand the reasons for wanting to give someone else a go, but what levy did as far as i can see is put the club back years.

But time will tell and all the best to avb.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 23:33

Yes mate time will tell so let's give him some.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 03 2012, 23:35

anicoll5 wrote:This bloke seems quite agitated;

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/

A bit of humour to ease you into the international break

Read that yesterday Nic. People never cease to amaze me Nic in that some actually didn't realise this wonderful article was tongue firmly planted in cheek lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Sep 04 2012, 00:18

BazSpur wrote:and shouldnt england have come out and said we wont be asking harry to
    be manager, so as not to disrupt the tottenham season at a crucial
    stage, that in my book was disgusting to keep the man dangling in mid
    air and mess up all the good work done in the months before, with all
    that going on the players must have been affected to lose form like they
    did, and then only to pick up again later

What? You are having a bubble Lew. As it turned out Arry was never in the frame for the England job. The FA had never considered him so why should they say anything? No Lew it was Arry's media darlings in the press that were bigging Arry up for the job and telling lies that The FA were considering him. It turns out as I said earlier they weren't Why should they comment on a pack of lies put out by the press?

Exactly right Baz. It's a point that many have forgoptten or not realised but the FA had never ever said he was in the running not ever.

It was Harry believing his own press releases like he always did.

I always felt he was not a FA man but he didn't and the press wanted him because he would always be there for them and sod the team.

Repped Baz

Mikey M
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:01

It was a nice bit of writing Baz, as were some of the comments after - for example " I know it is satire but I agree with every word" clown
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:48

totalytot wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:and shouldnt england have come out and said we wont be asking harry to
    be manager, so as not to disrupt the tottenham season at a crucial
    stage, that in my book was disgusting to keep the man dangling in mid
    air and mess up all the good work done in the months before, with all
    that going on the players must have been affected to lose form like they
    did, and then only to pick up again later

What? You are having a bubble Lew. As it turned out Arry was never in the frame for the England job. The FA had never considered him so why should they say anything? No Lew it was Arry's media darlings in the press that were bigging Arry up for the job and telling lies that The FA were considering him. It turns out as I said earlier they weren't Why should they comment on a pack of lies put out by the press?

Exactly right Baz. It's a point that many have forgoptten or not realised but the FA had never ever said he was in the running not ever.

It was Harry believing his own press releases like he always did.

I always felt he was not a FA man but he didn't and the press wanted him because he would always be there for them and sod the team.

Repped Baz

Mikey M

Absolutely Mikey Cheers for the REP fella.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 01:49

anicoll5 wrote:It was a nice bit of writing Baz, as were some of the comments after - for example " I know it is satire but I agree with every word" clown

Ah,there's always one Nic Wink
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 04:03

of the 194 responses I thought it was about 2-1 in favour of giving Levy the benefit of the doubt (so far)Baz;

I liked this one though from "Jim"

"Meh. Despite your sarcasm, you seem to condone Levy not signing a Modric replacement because he "tried." If managers were judged on "trying", none would ever be sacked. The fact remains he did not replace Modric and we are left with a weaker side. Whether he "tried" or not is irrelevant. We set a goal of reaching fourth for eons and now that we have obtained, there seems to be no plan how to solidify that position or god forbid, kick on. Unfortunately, the scapegoat for that is going to be AVB and not Levy. But don't P*ss on my head and tell me its raining."

Dont P*ss on my head and tell me its raining lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 23:33