The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who gets the #1 jersey? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who gets the #1 jersey? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Who gets the #1 jersey?

vis
    vis

Who gets the #1 jersey? Empty Who gets the #1 jersey?

Post by vis Tue Sep 18 2012, 08:00

Brad Friedel expects Hugo Lloris to get plenty of action at Tottenham

Who gets the #1 jersey? _62935657_brad_friedel_getty
    Vis's twin Bro - Brad Friedel

Brad Friedel believes Tottenham will have enough games to keep both him and Hugo Lloris happy this season.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas described the £8m capture of goalkeeper Lloris from Lyon on deadline day as a major coup.

But Friedel has started all of Tottenham's games since the France international captain's arrival.

"Hopefully we will have long runs in all the cup competitions so there's going to be plenty of matches to share around," Friedel said.
    American Friedel, who played his 308th consecutive Barclays Premier League game in the win over Reading on Sunday, has been impressed by Lloris's attitude since arriving at White Hart Lane.

"Hugo has come in and is a really nice person," Friedel told talkSPORT.

"He's a super goalkeeper but we have two other really good goalkeepers in Heurelho Gomes and Carlo Cudicini.

"We have friendly, and healthy, competition for places.

Lloris's omission from the starting line-up has been met with astonishment in France but the 25-year-old is willing to bide his time as he looks to become the club's first-choice keeper.

"I am in an adaptation period," he told L'Equipe. "I've had very few training sessions, and there are players that I didn't know. But I am expecting time on the pitch.

"For me, it is a period to manage. Obviously I have desire. I came here to play.

"I am at the club, I know where I have to go to. I had a talk with the coach and I know everyone at Tottenham wanted me to come."

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Who gets the #1 jersey? Empty Re: Who gets the #1 jersey?

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 18 2012, 09:23

Friedel has been one of the best premeirship goalies but maybe because of his age, I'm often left wondering with some of the goals we've conceded if he might've done better there.

LLoris is good , very agile, not a big imposing figure but very agile. I remember a CL game for Lyon away to Real Madrid, where practically on his own, he kept the score down to 1-1 with a series of outstanding saves. Has had the odd blunder in his locker too tho.

Over the next few weeks I think, Lloris to have the cup games and Friedel the league and then AVB will go from there.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:26