The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
New Signings EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
New Signings EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
New Signings EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
New Signings EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
New Signings EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
New Signings EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
New Signings EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
New Signings EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
New Signings EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

New Signings Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
shearspur
ionman34
vis
7 posters

New Signings

vis
    vis

New Signings Empty New Signings

Post by vis Fri Oct 26 2012, 08:22

Well I feel we are far enough into the season to start discussing the pro's & con's of the new signings.

Lloris- is the future. I have nothing against Friedel, he's a good 'keeper but Lloris is the man for me and I hope AVB gives him an uninterrupted league run soon.

Vertonghen- my only fear is that he is that good we may struggle to hold onto him. Pure class.

Siggurdson- yup typical Iceland. Kerry Katona, cancelled flights & dodgy bankers. Disappointing as yet.

Dempsey- so he scored goals for Fulham? And?

Adsabayor- 18 goals on loan then he signs permanent, gets his signing on fee etc and is allegedly permanently injured & unhappy. Please get shot of in January as his father is a Loxodonta hygienist and his mother of supposed loose morals.

Did I miss anyone? 2 good 'uns, 2 undecided's and 1 crook'a crap. Not bad I suppose given that the 2 undecided may yet prove useful . . . . .

New Signings Empty Re: New Signings

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 08:36

lloris. looks good. should be in our first team now. no time for setiments.

vert looks class.
    stigg looks good. just needs a goal.

dempsey been disspointing so far but hes playin in postion that hes not used to.

ade done nothing yet.

i do wonder if they are players avb wants.

harry said last week that jan deal was done before the end of last season. jan was in the stands for our last game aganst fulham
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 26 2012, 23:30

Feel that twitching Vis?

That's your knee jerking.

I've lost count of the times we've laughed at other teams new signings who were poor in their first season only to have the laughter rammed down our throats. Robert Pires anyone?

As for Ade, it seems I've spent years reading these ridiculous reactions to bullsh*t stories from the red tops. Every single one proven to be bollox yet the very next one is swallowed hook, line and sinker. The Sun must be laughing their tits off.

I f*cking despair, I really do.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 00:11

Oh dear mr vis, you sound a bit like me .lol

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 00:22

hes right about the sun. i wouldnt belive anything they write.

its way to early to judge our players.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 06:26

Oh Ion watch the games. It ain't knee jerk it's fact. Lloris & Big V are fine. Fek Adabayor & his alleged injuries. But Siggurdson & Dempsey haven't performed as yet. I hope they do but c'mon it's Octember and they have had time to settle so should be producing.
    You keep despairing and when Adabayor starts producing you can tell me you told me so . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 27 2012, 07:31

siggy is a hard worker in the games i have seen him play in,plenty of effort just needs a bit of luck now like last night ,i like his attitude. didnt know much about him to be honest before we signed him, wasnt expecting a messi, but think he will be a decent squad player to call on when needed.dempsey we know can get goals, massive one for us already at ot other week, again a squad player to call on for changes in tactics when needed. saying that we just seem to go round in circles buying the same type of players we already had anyway. for siggy read /ohara/tainio/malbranque/tarrabt. then for dempsey read/ pav/ bent/rasiak /mido. we never go up a gear to bring in real quality its just like a merry go round of the same players just a different period at spurs.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:24

So Dempsey has scored for Fulham. OK when will he produce for us? Sorry guys but the Yank has never convinced me he's a Spurs player. Shades of Pienaar . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:29

I agree with Shear and ion on this one. Time is what's needed with the team. Players are still getting used to each other and the system. Some players may well not turn out to be great players but might be decent squad players as Shear has said. Let's see how we are going in a couple of Months time.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:42

We ARE a couple of months in and Lloris & Big V are class. Siggy is the new midfield enigma. Dempsey scored for Fulham and Adabayor is a greedy feker. Thats my call guys . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:42

i just think we will always be one of the "nearly" teams now. the gaps to big at the top teams now. if we get a great player (bale) they will enevitably be bought by city, chelsea, man utd.all our focus and spare cash will be used on the new stadium development now for the forseable future. i can live with this until we get the stadium, question is can you lot or do you think we can really challenge or is it just 4th we really want?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:51

its quite depressing really when you think how stale football has become. the 2 domestic cups mean sweet fa really unless your a finalist. all that matters now is finishing in the top 4 for us / arsenal/ liverpool / everton. its prob better fun for the ones trying to get top 6-7 for europa lge or a relegation battle for the excitement lol. those heady days of the old second division trying to get promotion seem like good fun now.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:52

do you think we can really challenge or is it just 4th we really want?

That's the rub isn't it Shear. The Arsenal supporters at their recent AGM were having a go at Wenger because he basically said "Forget about winning trophies, 4th in the Prem is better." Personally I don't agree with that. Trophies first and foremost for me and apparently AVB agrees. However the real World is somewhat different and that's the way football is now. Getting into the CL it seems is the new trophy. Such a shame.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:53; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 08:53

we need to wait untill next season. then avb will get rid of the players he dont want and bring in hes players.

we have lost 2 games. 1 of them was unlucky. we not peaked yet unlike arsenal who look worse then last seasaon.

we should make the uefa cup and league cup later stages. plus we are doing okay in the league. if we win and man u and chelsea draw then we even closer again and hope my mate scores aganst the goons again lol that gap could get even bigger
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:06

i wouldnt agree arsenal have peaked, think they have struggled so far like us. we have had 2 home draws we should have won, which would have put us right up there.your presuming we will easily make the latter stages of lge and europa......... why?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:28

we are playing great away. when we sort out our home form we will be flying

and yes i know we will finnish either 1st or second in uefa cup group with 2 home games left.

then norwich in the cup. i doubt they will play there full team.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:44

Ok hope we do.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:45

Great away from home? Shame we didn't do it in Greece & Slovenia, oh & Dempsey scored goals for Fulham. . ...

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:54

he didnt just score a few. he scored bloody loads. in fact he scored then our strikers for last 2 seasons.

dempseys good but avb keeps playing him on the wing
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:33

So he scored loads for Fulham? Looks sh*t for us . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:47

yet scored at old trafford. the only other guy to that was super pav. .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Oct 29 2012, 00:24

I like Lloris and I think the easing of him in goal has been done correctly, but I do think it's time for him to start in premeirship games and hopefuly today away to Southampton .

Verts, I were confident he would be a good sighning from way back , a snip at 10 million.

Dempsey and Siggy , its difficult for them , definately a step up for the pair of them . More pressure to play for a club like ours than Fulham and Swansea . Also they're learning to play alongside Defoe which is not easy.

Ade ... I'm with Vis on this and I too have reservations about having him here on a contract .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 29 2012, 00:30

Today I hope to quaff vast amounts of 'umble pie with regards to Dempsey, should he play. Should I have to ingest 'umble pie I also look forward to be reminded to eat it all up lol . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 01:31

if you love rodney then you can love anyone vis lol

open your heart to dempsey. afterall hes done something no other spurs player done at old trafford for a long time
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 29 2012, 01:41

New Signings Th?id=H.4831078739608825&pid=15
    Skeletor

New Signings Th?id=I.4755311247754197&pid=15
    Clint Dempsey

I'm trying to feel the love Lought . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 20:18