The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor Empty Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:11

....Team................P.....Pts
    1..Lazio.................3......5
    2..Maribor..............3.....4
    3..Tottenham........3.....3
    4..Panathinaikos....3.....2

lloris
    walker dawson caulker naughton
    stigg hudd livermoor bale
    defoe ade

take off ade bale and defoe if we can get into a good lead.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:14

Need to win this one.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 05:37

i was trying think of a team and its bloody hard with all the injurys lol

damm you harry for getting rid of kranker and super pav
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 05:50

Tottenham will be without midfield duo Moussa Dembele and Sandro for the crucial visit of Slovenian side Maribor to north London.

Dembele, signed from Fulham in August, has a hip complaint, while Brazilian enforcer Sandro has a damaged calf.
    Manager Andre Villas-Boas will also have to do without Scott Parker, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Younes Kaboul.

However, veteran defender William Gallas is available despite suffering a slight hamstring injury against Wigan.

Spurs are still hunting for their first Europa League win in this season's group stage.

Assistant head coach Steffen Freund told the club's official website: "It's up to us to start well, to put them under pressure, to keep possession high up the pitch and create chances.

"It's also the chance to turn everything around in a positive way."

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 06:05

ur team to play NK Maribor is: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson (c), Naughton, Lennon, Huddlestone, Carroll, Bale, Adebayor and Defoe

And our subs tonight: Cudicini, Gallas, Mason, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Falque and Livermore

442 wahooooo
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 06:08

Another very strong line-up from AVB. Respect . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 06:12

1909:
    Tottenham v Maribor (20:05 GMT)

Emmanuel Adebayor makes his first for Tottenham since joining permanently in the summer against Maribor as Andre Villas-Boas names a strong side for the Europa League clash.

The former Manchester City striker partners Jermain Defoe in attack, while Hugo Lloris comes into goal, replacing Brad Friedel. Michael Dawson captains the side as they look to pick up their first win in this season's competition.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 09 2012, 06:44

442, hmmmmmm AVB said he would stick with one up front.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 06:48

1915:

Spurs defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto on Twitter: "On my way to WHL! Hope to see a win tonight...it'll give us a good confidence for the weekend too! COYS."

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 07:04

bloody freeview not working wont pick up the channal so having to watch on a stream

http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel4.html
    if anyone else needs a stream

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 07:54

oh well naughton i think you can safely say you wont be starting aganst man c. did he not watch liverpool manc game you dont pass back and not look.

as for lloris the press will be on this as they love hellboy.

a decent performace from spurs but again no midfeild ruuners. carrol and hudd are doing okay but they just forver pass the ball.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 08:58

a lot better performance.
    bale carrol hudd defoe ade stand out players.
    hudd never gives the ball away.

we look so much better with ade upfront.

i thought the fans tonight where amazing.
    avb is not stubborn.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:00

Jermain Defoe? He's a YI**O . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:06

Kinda glad Lloris got his howler out the way. In the greater scheme of things it didn't matter in the end. Same for Naughton as well. Apart from that he looked really solid. Thought Adabadback had a good game for the team. Unlucky with his "offside" goal, that was a tight call, but didn't show much else in front of goal. Good job we had Defoe eh? Dempsey had a brilliant 1st half but didn't look so good in the last 10 minutes. Young Tom Carrol impressed me hugely. Most satisfying performance tonight . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:07

what did you think of ade hold up and link up play vis

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:07

oh you replied
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:10

I thought he done well Lought. Better playing deeper then Defoe then more forward him-self. Linked things well. Thought he looked part of the team tonight . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:12

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe on his hat-trick: "It feels amazing. As a forward you are judged on scoring goals. It's the best feeling in the world."

On moving above Teddy Sheringham in Tottenham's all-time goalscoring list: "For me that's special. He's a forward I used to watch as a kid. He was a fantastic player, a great goalscorer, for club and country. So I'm really pleased with that."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:14

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor _64022066_64022065
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:45

Jermain Defoe scored a brilliant hat-trick as Tottenham returned to form with a victory over NK Maribor that ignites their Europa League campaign.

Spurs drew their opening three Group J matches but Defoe put them ahead with a fine volley from Gareth Bale's cross.

A poor piece of defending from Kyle Naughton and Hugo Lloris allowed Robert Beric to level just before half-time.

But Defoe drilled home to restore his side's advantage and slipped home another Bale centre to seal the win.

It was a convincing result that moves Andre Villas-Boas's side up to second in the table - two points behind leaders Lazio, who beat Panathinaikos 3-0, and two above third-place Maribor.
    They travel to Lazio on 22 November before hosting Panathinaikos on 6 December, needing four points to guarantee a place in the last 32.

Aware that defeat would deal another significant blow to their European hopes, Villas-Boas abandoned the 4-5-1 formation he has used all season and instead opted for an attack-minded 4-4-2.

Emmanuel Adebayor was given his first start of the campaign and partnered Defoe up front as Spurs went in search of goals.

It was a decision that paid off as the hosts poured forward early on - Adebayor, Defoe and in particular Bale instrumental in stretching Maribor and picking holes in their defence.

Bale saw a header cleared from in front of the line before seeing a cross elude his team-mates after an incredible piece of control.

Defoe then headed Adebayor's centre straight at Maribor goalkeeper Jasmin Handanovic, but would not be denied a minute later.

Visiting right-back Martin Mejac was affording Bale far too much time and space, and punishment arrived when the Welshman crossed for an unmarked Defoe to angle a fine volley across Handanovic.
    It was the least Tottenham deserved for their positive approach, but to Maribor's great credit they defended stoutly to avoid going further behind and then set about showing their own ambition.

A rare foray forward saw Goran Cvijanovic head over after Lloris had parried a Tavares shot, and within seconds the scores were level.

Lloris passed to Naughton on the left but the 23-year-old played it straight back and put his goalkeeper under pressure.

Instead of opting for a first-time clearance the Frenchman attempted to evade Beric but was tacked and the ball trickled over the line.

The mood of the home fans was lifted when Fabrice Muamba - back at White Hart Lane for the first time since suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch in March - was introduced at half-time.

"I want to thank all of you Spurs fans who were here and who prayed for me," said the former Bolton midfielder.

"You were all fantastic and I will never forget."

Such positive vibes seemed to lift Spurs after the break and they needed just three minutes to regain the lead, 20-year-old Tom Carroll releasing Defoe to plant a left-foot finish into the bottom corner.

Beric almost equalised again when he nodded Agim Ibraimi's free-kick just over the bar, but Tottenham were swiftly back on the front for, utilising their speed and width at every opportunity.

A sumptuous scooped pass by Bale was volleyed wide by Adebayor, who was thwarted by Handanovic after being found by Kyle Walker.

There was no mistake from Defoe, though, and he rounded off a free-flowing move involving Adebayor, Tom Huddlestone and Bale to register his eighth goal of the season and fifth treble for Spurs.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:45

avb pushes hes mate away when we score lol
    can someone add that into this page as i duno how to
    its on this site

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?3047-***-TOTTENHAM-HOTSPUR-vs-Maribor-OMT-***/page27
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:47

Just a quick line about the Spurs fans in the ground tonight. Yet again they done them-selves proud with their respectful & rousing support of Fabrice Muamba at half-time. Also respect to ITV4 for showing his appearance rather then more adverts and punditry . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:49

vis look on that link. nobody celebrates a goal with avb lol
    how do i add them things into a page.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:51

I noticed that during the game Lought and had a little chuckle. I'm not sure how you add that link. There is a way. I'm sure DJSR could advise you best. Will have a play and see if I can puzzle it . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:56

Tottenham Hotspur vs. NK Maribor 1352410971691

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 18:13