The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Anyone With EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Anyone With EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Anyone With EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Anyone With EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Anyone With EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Anyone With EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Anyone With EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Anyone With EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Anyone With EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Anyone With Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
seebee1944
DJSR
Boltjean
cstmrsking
8 posters

Anyone With

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Anyone With Empty Anyone With

Post by cstmrsking Sun Dec 02 2012, 01:01

Sorry about posting here, so Could the Mods give this a few days before relocating this post.

Could I ask, is any of us still with AOL ?
    If you were, but are not now, who did you chyange over too and would you recommend.

I just found out yesterday, that AOL is all but finished.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Anyone With Empty Re: Anyone With

Post by Boltjean Sun Dec 02 2012, 02:08

Mr King, I changed over from AOL to TalkTalk. We have a package which includes our phone. We also pay our landline a year in advance saving about £50. Early in the year we had a speed problem and we were on the verge of getting rid of TalkTalk as it went on for a few months and I wrote them a bit of a critical email. It turned out it was not a fault of TalkTalk but the set up of our SKY Pluss box. Felt a right plonker. Since then had no problems and am very pleased with our package.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Dec 02 2012, 02:17

been with O2/bethere, for past 5 years or so, absolutely brilliant ISP, great speeds and no download limits (depending on which package you choose). Would highly recommend them to anyone.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Dec 02 2012, 04:36

AOL is part of Talk Talk although they still operate as a separate entity at the moment.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Dec 02 2012, 04:53

im with aol kingy, what do you mean their all but finished?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Dec 02 2012, 06:10

Kingy you should have had emails telling you who is taking over your ISP? AO-Hell lol. Thought it was dead a long time ago. Watch Talk-Talk. They are proper moody . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:39

With BT but our phone has never worked properly. Internet package is OK.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2012, 09:13

aol used to be so good back in the day. 2002/2006
    great chat rooms great forums free text then one by one they got rid of everything good.

i left in 2006. im with bt now. they are okay i guess. signal drops from time to time and the speeds to go slow in peak hours sometimes...

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Dec 02 2012, 09:38

BT internet is slow at times and you can't switch the Router off otherwise it messes it up and it will keep crashing. Just waiting until the contract is up and they will be outed. Not sure who to go with next though. AOL used to be OK Talk, talk were rubbish when we were with them so woudn't go back there.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Dec 02 2012, 10:02

im still on aol, their pretty good tbh, wheres this all come from, i aint been told jack about them closing or sh*t like that. in fact i just signed a new 12 month contract at a better price in sept.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Dec 02 2012, 11:34

This has all come around yesterday when I wnt nto PC World. I had to re-install my PC ahd had a few Probs, and couldnt get int access more to the point couldnt get AOL. I use AOL 9.0 VR I was told that I would be hard pushed to find it (and I was) as the Tech person told me that AOL is hardly used by anybody anymore, you wot see the advertise on TV or in the Press and are closing some accounts. I dont pay for AOL and havent for around 3/4 Years and others I know dont pay for it either as my ISP is Sky. I was advised to ensure that I have other email accounts just to be sure. So my advice is just to keep a look out if you are an AOL User.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Dec 02 2012, 11:35

shearspur wrote:im still on aol, their pretty good tbh, wheres this all come from, i aint been told jack about them closing or sh*t like that. in fact i just signed a new 12 month contract at a better price in sept.
    This has all come around yesterday when I wnt nto PC World. I had to re-install my PC ahd had a few Probs, and couldnt get int access more to the point couldnt get AOL. I use AOL 9.0 VR I was told that I would be hard pushed to find it (and I was) as the Tech person told me that AOL is hardly used by anybody anymore, you wot see the advertise on TV or in the Press and are closing some accounts. I dont pay for AOL and havent for around 3/4 Years and others I know dont pay for it either as my ISP is Sky. I was advised to ensure that I have other email accounts just to be sure. So my advice is just to keep a look out if you are an AOL User.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 03 2012, 07:09

will do, cheers for the info kingy. i let you know if i hear any news.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:56

Bigpond.

Wouldn't recommend it though King...............

Unless you plan to move to Oz!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 13:12