The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
dembele EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
dembele EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
dembele EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
dembele EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
dembele EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
dembele EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
dembele EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
dembele EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
dembele EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

dembele Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
vis
shearspur
ArnieArdiles
djfitzo
8 posters

dembele

dembele Empty dembele

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 06:49

pins around with the ball in the middle of the pitch. The crowd goes "ooooh" when this action dodges one of their players.

He then cannot pass... or shoot.
    i have to admit that his goals and assists are a problem but he does look good on the eye.

Blaming any other player for Dembele's average at best performances is ludicrous, especially Parker.

What you see is what you get, and this type of play has been on display from Dembele for some time in fact.

When we were rumored to be in for him, I posted numerous times my misgivings of this buy, especially at the incredibly inflated price of 15mil. Dembele is the quintessential player that "flatters to deceive". Brief moments of brilliance, followed by long stretches of mediocrity. He will give the impression of a workhorse, great feet in tight spaces, and the strength of an ox to shield off defenders, but in the end, all of his work never seems to amount to anything. There is no end product.

I am shocked at how easily he is dispossessed sometimes, that was something I didn't expect.

No question he appears to be suffering the results of previous injury, but that was the case before he arrived as well. He appears very very slow, and he's not seeing & anticipating things around him very quickly at all. Yes, he made a furious run back in the Norwich game to breakup a scoring chance, and it was a great play. But let's keep in mind, that he wasn't chasing a Striker, he was chasing Sebastian Bassong.

I hope he comes good, we paid a helluva lot for what we aren't getting yet.

But to try and engage in excuse making by blaming other players is just giving Dembele a pass he hasn't yet earned.

dembele Empty Re: dembele

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 06:50

found these on this site

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35298&start=1
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 03 2013, 07:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:found these on this site

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35298&start=1

Do you ever trawl the net of nothing positive about Spurs players? I said this the other day, Vital Spurs is a site full of fickle fans moaning about the club they are supposed to support.

“Mousa Dembélé has turned Tottenham into a brilliant counter-attacking side,” says footballer-turned-journalist Adrian Clarke, looking at the influence of Tottenham’s summer signings. “Last season they were phenomenal at home, flying down the flanks, but a little bit suspect on their travels. They’ve turned into a side that is brilliant at soaking up play and then hitting teams [on the break]. And Dembélé is crucial to that, because he turns defence into attack really quickly. I think he’s got to go down as one of the signings of the season.”

So I spent 30 seconds finding the above, but all you want to do is find f*cking negative stuff about nearly all our players.

Vital Spurs is a site you can count on to find supposed supporters slagging our team, fitst stop eh Lought?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 08:02

i put it up to start a discussion going.
    because its so dead on here lately.
    all im saying is at the time nobody wanted him then we got him and hes been decent for us.

but he does look lost without sandro there.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 08:05

i do say loads of good stuff about my club but its the other stuff u talk about

i think avb brillant and should get time to do what he wants and bring hes own players in
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 03 2013, 09:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:i do say loads of good stuff about my club but its the other stuff u talk about

i think avb brillant and should get time to do what he wants and bring hes own players in

So give him that time and be patient, January never has and never will be a good time to get decent players in, Dembele was never bought to be a Juan Mata, look what all these attacking midfielders are doing at Cheatski, they need defenders, start from the back, like we have and when we have our strongest defence, it will come together, we are harder to beat now and Dembele gives us balance in midfield, Holtby is class and can fill every role in midfield or as a number ten, who knows if Togo get knocked out tomorrow, we may get the Ade back that we had last season. I know we said it about Janure and didn't expect them to be so defensive, but I honestly believe Brom will be more open which will suit us nd I think Kaboul is back in a couple of weeks.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 03 2013, 23:46

Dembele makes most touches and passes in our team and he often completes over 85% of his passes. Modric would just about make more passes per game but Dembele makes more interceptions, tackles and dribbles.

To Dembele's doubters I can only say we don't want to lose this player to injury like we did Sandro as he is currently our lynchpin and a very good one at that .

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:50

dembele AvPjbvx

This was posted by Rossi in the ratung thread (Dembele is the one at the bottom) IMHO it shows the problem with Moussa. The guy does't pass enough and even when he does he rarely passess forward. Even his two key passes in the game were backwards.

He is slowing us up and breaks our momentum time and time again. No wonder players are ot passing it to him when breaking out from defence.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 06:24

Get rid of them all and start again,that's worked really well for us in the past, wish we could go back to being mid table with mediocre players, it was so much more fun then, chopping and changing,really miss those days.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 11 2013, 06:34

lol dave, dont let em grind you down mate.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:36

shearspur wrote:lol dave, dont let em grind you down mate.

Get fed up with it mate, we are on the cusp of something really good at the club I love and hardly any constructive comments are made, pick out the negatives, never the positives and after watching Spurs since the late 60's are many.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:45

Lought, I really don't know what you want, Spurs are never going to have the best 11 players in the world, the same as most other teams, if you want to pick another team so you can constantly moan about them, then be my guest, because your constant whingeing abt Spurs players is getting really tiresome.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:dembele AvPjbvx

This was posted by Rossi in the ratung thread (Dembele is the one at the bottom) IMHO it shows the problem with Moussa. The guy does't pass enough and even when he does he rarely passess forward. Even his two key passes in the game were backwards.

He is slowing us up and breaks our momentum time and time again. No wonder players are ot passing it to him when breaking out from defence.

So against Manu the other week I didn't see him burst into the box and set up Dempsey for De Gea to make a great save.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:58

yes because we was chasing the game and pushgin everyone forward.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:18

Mod hat off.

What the f*ck should he be doing then Lought? If he pushes on it's f*cking wrong. If he sits back it's f*cking wrong. If his name begins with a f*cking capital D it's wrong. If you have a hate on for him he's f*cking wrong in your myopic f*cking, blinkered vision. You are either fishing for a wind-up or full of sh*t Lought. Please inform me which one? Then maybe I can get a handle on what the f*ck you are all about. Because right now it seems you are all about hatred for Spurs & the players . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 10:09

where have i said demebele is sh*t.
    just pointing out that we go over the top about him.
    even fulham warned us about him.

he goes past players then dont know what to do with it.
    i still recall last season people going on about adel goals and assits. and dembele and parker dont score goals.

look how well corzola doing for the scum.
    our midfeild need to score more goals
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:36

Enters site.

See's Spurs player(s) being slagged off yet again after a good win.

Leaves site.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 18:38

ionman34 wrote:Enters site.

See's Spurs player(s) being slagged off yet again after a good win.

Leaves site.

Mainly one person, you can chat to the rest if us if you like mate !!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:00

dj ion was posting everyday when nic was on here.
    the forum was packed when we had input from them lot
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:07

just because someone doesnt agree with someones opinion, it shouldnt mean that your going to stop posting on the forums, come on for god sake.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:13

I blame AVB. It's all his fault. If he never came to us, we wouldn't be struggling in 4th place. scratch
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:18

Spot on dj. For the most part the conversations on here have been very positive. Only 1 person is causing mayhem on here. But hey, we can actually choose whether we want to enter into conversation with said person. Just my view.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:dj ion was posting everyday when nic was on here.
    the forum was packed when we had input from them lot

But hardly debating football, Nic was just trying to get everyone at each other and Ion put him in his place, I'm afraid when Nic got found out, he decided just debating football wasnt for him and buggered off, infact he was responsible for stirring up the Taraabt debate, so his left a lasting legacy.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:23

i not said nic was an angel. but sometimes he had something intresting to say
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:i not said nic was an angel. but sometimes he had something intresting to say

Rarely Lought, took the P*ss most of the time,very quiet when a*se lost, all over us like a rash when we got beaten, not much debating went on with him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:22