The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Holtby EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Holtby EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Holtby EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Holtby EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Holtby EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Holtby EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Holtby EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Holtby EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Holtby EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Holtby Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Holtby

djfitzo
    International
    International

Holtby Empty Holtby

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 02:23

Totally agree with this article, gonna get the I heart lewis sticker in my car.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8471059/Love-at-first-sight-

Holtby Empty Re: Holtby

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05 2013, 02:29

yep me aswell. when he came on he showed urgency.
    i would start him on saturday and use ade as a sub
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 02:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep me aswell. when he came on he showed urgency.
    i would start him on saturday and use ade as a sub

I would go with this

Hugo
    Walker Daws Verts Benny
    Azza Parker Demebele Bale
    Holtby
    Ade

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05 2013, 03:38

yep that teams fine. its just typical we get newcastle now they hit form
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 03:46

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep that teams fine. its just typical we get newcastle now they hit form

Dont know abt that Lought, new players seem to start well and Cheatski are so open as they only have attacking midfielders, Terrys had it and
    Lampard can score, but cant get back as his engine has gone.
    Pardew has a dilemma though, as Tiote is back from ACN, does he sacrifice one of the new attacking frogs to make them more solid in the middle, anyway cant wait as im going.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05 2013, 05:53

tiote was not playing well before the ACN so if i was pardew i would leave the team as it is.

have a good day thought and hope we get the 3 points we need and a clean sheet to help my dream team points lol

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:07

New Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby says he is on cloud nine since arriving in the "motherland of football" just a week ago.

Holtby has already played twice for Spurs since joining from Bundesliga club Schalke, and says his feet have not touched the ground since he arrived in London.

"I have been living my dream for the past few days," he said. "I am playing at an absolute top club in the Premier League."

Holtby, whose father is English, had never made a secret of his desire to play in England, although his transfer came sooner than he had expected, but not soon enough for his liking.

"It has been overwhelming since arriving in the motherland of football," he wrote in his blog published on www.fussball.de.

"The day the transfer went through, I left for London with just a small suitcase and a few hours later, I was already on the Tottenham training ground, getting the traditional kick up the backside from my new team mates by means of welcoming me. That's the way things are here in London - hard but hearty."

The Germany under-21 captain has not taken long to settle in, making a good impression in his first two appearances. That, according to the 22-year-old, is because he was made for English football.

"I realised immediately that the speed and the toughness really is different here to the Bundesliga," he continued. "It's no place for the faint-hearted and the referees don't blow the whistle as often.

"The game is brutally hard, but that suits me and I really love it. I also loved my second game for Spurs, in which a dream goal from Gareth Bale meant I could celebrate my first win.

"I will never forget this game against West Brom. The fans sang a song for me for almost all of the second half. It was incredible and I really had goosebumps. I had never expected such support so soon. I've just been in England a week and they already have a song for me, who would have thought it?"
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:New Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby says he is on cloud nine since arriving in the "motherland of football" just a week ago.

Holtby has already played twice for Spurs since joining from Bundesliga club Schalke, and says his feet have not touched the ground since he arrived in London.

"I have been living my dream for the past few days," he said. "I am playing at an absolute top club in the Premier League."

Holtby, whose father is English, had never made a secret of his desire to play in England, although his transfer came sooner than he had expected, but not soon enough for his liking.

"It has been overwhelming since arriving in the motherland of football," he wrote in his blog published on www.fussball.de.

"The day the transfer went through, I left for London with just a small suitcase and a few hours later, I was already on the Tottenham training ground, getting the traditional kick up the backside from my new team mates by means of welcoming me. That's the way things are here in London - hard but hearty."

The Germany under-21 captain has not taken long to settle in, making a good impression in his first two appearances. That, according to the 22-year-old, is because he was made for English football.

"I realised immediately that the speed and the toughness really is different here to the Bundesliga," he continued. "It's no place for the faint-hearted and the referees don't blow the whistle as often.

"The game is brutally hard, but that suits me and I really love it. I also loved my second game for Spurs, in which a dream goal from Gareth Bale meant I could celebrate my first win.

"I will never forget this game against West Brom. The fans sang a song for me for almost all of the second half. It was incredible and I really had goosebumps. I had never expected such support so soon. I've just been in England a week and they already have a song for me, who would have thought it?"

I looked on the net for the song, anyone hear what it was?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:tiote was not playing well before the ACN so if i was pardew i would leave the team as it is.

have a good day thought and hope we get the 3 points we need and a clean sheet to help my dream team points lol

Don't forget they came to us last season with Ba and Cisse scoring for fun and we stuffed them 5-0

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:33

"AND I JUST CANT SEEM TO GET ENOUGH OF"

"De de de de de de de,
    De de, de de de de de,
    De de de de de de de,
    Lew-is Holt-by.

lol!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05 2013, 07:40

wrong dj. newcastle had so many players missing last season when we beat them.
    they had players on acn duty aswell as loads of players our injurid
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 05 2013, 07:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:wrong dj. newcastle had so many players missing last season when we beat them.
    they had players on acn duty aswell as loads of players our injurid

No Senegal didn't qualify and we had Saha!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Matchday/archive/spurs-vs-newcastle-11022012.page?#tab10

Still a strong squad Lought

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 06 2013, 05:02

Holtby looks a good buy. Just a shame we're going to have to wait and see him and Sandro in the same line-up. Deffo looks llike AVB will be going back to the lone striker.
    Lloris
    ( Any 4 from)
    Walker/Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen/Caulker/Naughton/Ekkotto
    Dembele Sandro Holtby
    Lennon Bale
    A.Striker

The likes of Dempsey, Siggurdson , Thudd etc on the bench. Looks good . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 06:32

vis wrote:Holtby looks a good buy. Just a shame we're going to have to wait and see him and Sandro in the same line-up. Deffo looks llike AVB will be going back to the lone striker.
    Lloris
    ( Any 4 from)
    Dembele Sandro Holtby
    Lennon Bale
    A.Striker

Vis, I would play Holtby as a number 10 behind Ade, I posted on another thread that he is tenacious, got a great touch and can run all day, unlike VDV, leave Parker holding and Dembele moving the ball to the front two.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 06 2013, 06:55

djfitzo wrote:
    vis wrote:Holtby looks a good buy. Just a shame we're going to have to wait and see him and Sandro in the same line-up. Deffo looks llike AVB will be going back to the lone striker.
    Lloris
    ( Any 4 from)
    Dembele Sandro Holtby
    Lennon Bale
    A.Striker

Vis, I would play Holtby as a number 10 behind Ade, I posted on another thread that he is tenacious, got a great touch and can run all day, unlike VDV, leave Parker holding and Dembele moving the ball to the front two.

Good call Dave. A new VdV who can hopefully take corners lol.
    How about this line-up then?

Lloris
    (Any 4 from)
    Sandro
    Lennon Dembele Bale
    Holtby
    A.Striker

That may well work (And I've gone for Sandro {fitness allowing} but Scotty Parker could easily play the holding role in front of the back four. Oh and don't get me started on how much better a back 3 would be lol) . . . . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 07:04

vis wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Lloris
    ( Any 4 from)
    Dembele Sandro Holtby
    Lennon Bale
    A.Striker

Good call Dave. A new VdV who can hopefully take corners lol.
    How about this line-up then?

Lloris
    (Any 4 from)
    Sandro
    Lennon Dembele Bale
    Holtby
    A.Striker

That may well work (And I've gone for Sandro {fitness allowing} but Scotty Parker could easily play the holding role in front of the back four. Oh and don't get me started on how much better a back 3 would be lol) . . . . . . .

So what we are stuck with is

Hugo
    Walker. Daws. Verts. Benny
    Lennon. Parker Dembele. Bale
    Holtby
    Ade

I'm hearing Kaboul could be back by early March

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 06 2013, 07:13

Hows this look (he asks slipping his Glenda Hoddle mask gently onto his face)

Lloris
    Vertonghen Dawson Kaboul
    Sandro Dembele
    Bale Moutinho Lennon
    Holtby
    Mr Striker

LOL & damn I've gone to 3 at the back & fantasy mode . . . Get . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 06 2013, 09:12

vis wrote:Hows this look (he asks slipping his Glenda Hoddle mask gently onto his face)

Lloris
    Vertonghen Dawson Kaboul
    Sandro Dembele
    Bale Moutinho Lennon
    Holtby
    Mr Striker

LOL & damn I've gone to 3 at the back & fantasy mode . . . Get . . .

Meanwhile back in the real world with what we actually have lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 10:04

cant wait untill kaboul comes back and sandro

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 15:49