The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Bale

djfitzo
    International
    International

Bale Empty Bale

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 10 2013, 19:13

Everyone worrying about what happens if Bale gets injured, that applies to most teams in the prem, most have one stand out player. Just watching MOTD and Cheatski was struggling until Mata comes on, what happens if he has a spell out, take RVP goals away from Manure, same goes for Felliani.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Bale Empty Re: Bale

Post by totalytot Sun Feb 10 2013, 23:07

I agree Dave, the difference is they have a lot more class players to call on than we do.

The other thing is Manure are so out of sight it doesn't matter to them. Chelsea is a different story they have the players but the manager has no idea.

The good thing is that Bale is not a "sick note" and seems to get over knocks very quickly.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 10 2013, 23:26

totalytot wrote:
    I agree Dave, the difference is they have a lot more class players to call on than we do.

The other thing is Manure are so out of sight it doesn't matter to them. Chelsea is a different story they have the players but the manager has no idea.

The good thing is that Bale is not a "sick note" and seems to get over knocks very quickly.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 00:35

Are we a "one man team" though? Yup Bale is a class apart at the moment but surely the other 10 players on the pitch with him are adding to this streak of fire of his? One of the analysts on Sky made the point that Spurs are set up to allow Bale to play his game rather than just Bale doing his own thing. We would miss him if he was out for awhile but we still have players who could step up to the mark if needed . . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Feb 11 2013, 03:18

I am sorry Vis but I disagree. Yes we are building a very good squad, infact one of the best we have had for a very long time with the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele and Holtby who I think will become a legend at Spurs, but should Bale go in the summer then I fear that we might find it very difficult to replace him, I think he is one of a few of what you might call all time greats that we have had at the club. And, let's be honest here, how many points would we have dropped had it not been for Bale hitting the back of the net. He is doing for us what RVP and now Walcott is doing for Arsenal, they were a one man team with RVP and I feel they are with Walcott. Yes, Bale has very good players around him, but without him who would get the goals. We do lack a prolific goal scorer, and it seems to me we have to rely far to much on him as the likes of Defoe, Ade and Dempsey are just not imo getting the number of goals that I believe a striker shoud be getting.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 11 2013, 04:03

Boltjean wrote:I am sorry Vis but I disagree. Yes we are building a very good squad, infact one of the best we have had for a very long time with the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele and Holtby who I think will become a legend at Spurs, but should Bale go in the summer then I fear that we might find it very difficult to replace him, I think he is one of a few of what you might call all time greats that we have had at the club. And, let's be honest here, how many points would we have dropped had it not been for Bale hitting the back of the net. He is doing for us what RVP and now Walcott is doing for Arsenal, they were a one man team with RVP and I feel they are with Walcott. Yes, Bale has very good players around him, but without him who would get the goals. We do lack a prolific goal scorer, and it seems to me we have to rely far to much on him as the likes of Defoe, Ade and Dempsey are just not imo getting the number of goals that I believe a striker shoud be getting.

Len, Ade has been injured and at the ANC, if he can come back the Ade we had las season, then we can cement 4th, even 3rd. If he is number one striker, I think that will suit him nd he brings others into play too.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 04:22

Boltjean wrote:I am sorry Vis but I disagree. Yes we are building a very good squad, infact one of the best we have had for a very long time with the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele and Holtby who I think will become a legend at Spurs, but should Bale go in the summer then I fear that we might find it very difficult to replace him, I think he is one of a few of what you might call all time greats that we have had at the club. And, let's be honest here, how many points would we have dropped had it not been for Bale hitting the back of the net. He is doing for us what RVP and now Walcott is doing for Arsenal, they were a one man team with RVP and I feel they are with Walcott. Yes, Bale has very good players around him, but without him who would get the goals. We do lack a prolific goal scorer, and it seems to me we have to rely far to much on him as the likes of Defoe, Ade and Dempsey are just not imo getting the number of goals that I believe a striker shoud be getting.

Len any team in the world would feel the impact of a player of Bales current form leaving. However I don't think he will leave in the near future. He is a level headed lad who has just experienced the joy of fatherhood for the first time and those of us who have been there know it is magical & scary in equal measures. He is settled, obviously happy at Spurs and earning well. If he goes in a few years after achieving glory with us good luck to him but for now I'm convinced that he is Spurs for awhile yet. Yup we deffo need a guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker but AVB is yet to construct the squad he wants. With luck Levy will allow him to this coming Summer . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 11 2013, 04:28

Selling Gareth Bale would be a disaster - Andre Villas-Boas

Losing Gareth Bale would be akin to Barcelona letting go of Lionel Messi and Real Madrid selling Cristiano Ronaldo, according to his Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Bale scored twice to help Spurs defeat Newcastle 2-1, taking his goals tally to 13 in the league this season, with nine in the last 12 games.

"Barcelona losing Messi would be a disaster," he said.

"Real Madrid losing Ronaldo would be a disaster, so this is exactly the same."

He added: "There isn't a release clause in English football, it's very difficult to negotiate with Tottenham and we are not willing to let our best assets go.
    "We can't turn this into a debate every time a player does well."

Bale, 23, who also scored for Wales in midweek, gave the home side the lead from a free-kick after five minutes, before grabbing what proved to be the winner with a typical surge down the left followed by a low angled drive.

"It was a great individual performance and it was outstanding to see a player enjoying his football. Gareth is, whatever position he plays," continued Villas-Boas.

"Great teams are made of great individuals too and Gareth is decisive."

Villas-Boas dedicated the win to goalkeeping coach Tony Parks and his son Joe, who was involved in a car crash this week.

Meanwhile, Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said Bale made the difference at White Hart Lane.

"I thought we contained him quite well. We didn't want to open up the goal to his left foot," he admitted.
    "It's difficult, he's so quick and agile and works it on to his left side and you know you'll get a fantastic hit.

"That's the consistency he has. He has a really fine technique and showed how dangerous he is."

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 03:29

Top ScorersTop AssistsPlayer DisciplineFair PlayActim Index
    FEBRUARY 10, 2013
    Player Team Assists
    1 Steven Gerrard Liverpool 9
    Lukas Podolski Arsenal 9
    Juan Mata Chelsea 9
    4 Theo Walcott Arsenal 8
    5 Damien Duff Fulham 7
    Robin Van Persie Manchester United 7
    Wayne Rooney Manchester United 7
    Carlos Tevez Manchester City 7
    Eden Hazard Chelsea 7
    10 Aaron Lennon Tottenham Hotspur 6
    Santi Cazorla Arsenal 6
    Bryan Ruiz Fulham 6
    13 Shaun Maloney Wigan Athletic 5
    Jobi McAnuff Reading 5
    Patrice Evra Manchester United 5
    David Silva Manchester City 5
    Pablo Swansea City 5
    Arouna Koné Wigan Athletic 5
    Jean Beausejour Wigan Athletic 5
    20 Glenn Whelan Stoke City 4
    Nicky Shorey Reading 4
    Michael Carrick Manchester United 4
    Steven Pienaar Everton 4
    Fernando Torres Chelsea 4
    Adam Johnson Sunderland 4
    Antonio Valencia Manchester United 4
    Jonathan De Guzman Swansea City 4
    Adam Lallana Southampton 4
    Adel Taarabt Queens Park Rangers 4
    César Azpilicueta Chelsea 4
    Christian Benteke Aston Villa 4
    Shane Long West Bromwich Albion 4
    Oscar Chelsea 4

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 03:30

proves bale is greedy lol
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 12 2013, 23:27

Loughtonlegend wrote:proves bale is greedy lol

I'm not going to answer that other than to say Bollox!!!

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Feb 13 2013, 05:14

Bales goals and performances make up for the greedyness at times, he can be as greedy as he likes as far as i'm concerned. But there are certain times that he goes missing in games, cant quite pin point why, maybe when two men are marking him, he needs to switch more often going central or move to the other wing when he switches with lennon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content