The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Dial Square Match Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Dial Square Match Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Dial Square Match Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Dial Square Match Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
DJSR
vis
6 posters

Dial Square Match Thread

vis
    vis

Dial Square Match Thread Empty Dial Square Match Thread

Post by vis Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:29

Dial Square Match Thread 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Dial Square Match Thread 180px-Arsenal_FC.svg

At

Dial Square Match Thread Th?id=H.4953274980042399&pid=15

Dial Square Match Thread 150px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 03 March 2013
    Kick Off @ 1600hrs GMT

Dial Square Match Thread Empty Re: Dial Square Match Thread

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:37

avb needs to be tough and drop some players.
    dembele and ade should be worried.

Hugo boss lloris
    walker dawson caulker verts
    lennon parker dembele stiggerson
    bale holtby
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 02 2013, 08:58

Hmmmmmmmmmmm is this just Superstition keeping us quiet on this thread? Possibly a top 4 decider in the north London derby and we have nowt to say? Fair play I'm feeling it myself so this video featuring Disco Benny's hairstyle is what is needed. Nuff said . . . . . .

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Mar 02 2013, 23:29

Hard one to predict as usual, depends whose up for it on the day. AVB will be at is best to encourage the players as much as possible. I think AVB will go with a 4-5-1 formation to start with, although i'd prefer a 4-4-2 if Defoe is fit enough. We might see a good display by adebayor to make up for his sending off at the Shamirates Kebab house Centre.

If Bale & Lennon perform and our midfield hold well, we could win this quite easily, but thats easily said. Watching Arsenals last game against Villa, they were lucky to win 2-1 and they're midfield were all over the place. But they'll be up for this game.

I just hope we slaughter them, they're already mouthing off as i type this! COYS!!

Lloris
    Walker Vertonghen Dawson Ekotto
    Lennon Dembele Parker Lennon
    Defoe Adebayor

(Or Holtby could start in place of Defoe just behind Adebayor in 4-5-1 formation)

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 01:57

i would play caulker ahead of verts.
    caulker will do well aganst them at corners

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 01:58

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Mar 03 2013, 07:11

just hope players such as dembele ,walker, parker and ade keep their cool, they are never far from a sending off after a first booking.dembele was lucky in our europa lge match to stay on the pitch. "keep calm and carry on"....demolishing those cnuts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 03 2013, 12:14

Don't think this will be an easy game. Think Ade is favourite to start, with Defoe coming on if Ade makes no impression I think AVB will go 4.4.1.1 or 4.4.2 to start and see how it goes.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 22:49

i would start defoe on the bench . he will be itching to get on later aganst mershiter and the donkey.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 02:15

"The dramatic recent history of this famous old clash would suggest it is impossible to predict. There have been 33 goals in the last six meetings. Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas knows a victory will propel his team a huge way towards the Champions League, leaving rivals Arsenal seven points adrift of their arch-rivals with 10 games to play. It's very difficult to see Arsenal's flimsy defence holding Spurs at bay. They've kept just one clean sheet in 13 games against top six or Champions League opposition this season."
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 02:20

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Sigurdsson, Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Gallas, Naughton, Defoe, Holtby, Livermore, Carroll.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 02:53

COYS . . . . .

Pride

Pride

wurp
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 04 2013, 03:58

still to nervous to comment yet lol , coys
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 04 2013, 04:57

get in you beautys
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 05:35

Yes, yes, yes and fekin YES . . . . .
    Now I will not say we are going to finish above them etc because you write the dark-side off at your own peril but today showed strength & belief and a far off remembrance of our soft underbelly. If nothing else AVB has built a team in the true sense of the word. Not since Big Mart have we seen such unity and spirit, in fact possibly more so under AVB. But for an unfortunate bout of food poisoning the "hoodoo" would have been put to bed some time ago. But still it lingers. Anyway I'm proper chuffed this evening. Bragging rights come back to us for now . . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 05:53

Right just seen the after match interview with whinger. I was expecting claims of offside & fouls and we was robbed etc yet he came across as a beaten man! I actually, almost, felt a tinge of sympathy for him. Then I remembered all his myopia and bleating in the past and thought hey ho let's go.
    Lennon was my MOM today. I thought he was excellent. But I can't fault any Spurs player and look forward to Loughts ratings.
    Walker seems to be coming back into in form again and the whole defence looks solid.
    All told I'm still dancing everywhere I go. The Bubble Blowers & arsenil in the same week? That's what I call sweet as . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 06:06

Dial Square Match Thread _66177598_bale_ap

Tottenham won a pulsating north London derby to go third in the league and seven points ahead of Arsenal.

Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon slotted in two carbon copy goals in three first-half minutes after defence-splitting passes to put Spurs in control.

It was Bale's ninth goal in seven games but Per Mertesacker's header went in off the Welshman to give Arsenal hope.

Bale skied a far-post chance before Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey almost equalised but drove a shot just wide.
    Entertainment and goals are almost guaranteed between these two sides and there was no shortage of either in an enthralling contest at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham's failure to take a number of glorious chances to wrap up the game as Arsenal desperately chased an equaliser only added to the drama.

But the home side held on after enduring six minutes of added time to go 12 games unbeaten and, in the process, leapfrog Chelsea as well as move two points behind second-placed Manchester City.

The wizardry of Spurs winger Bale has swept all before him this year and he was again on the scoresheet for his side as the Spurs standard bearer took his tally to 20 goals for the season.

The Gunners paid the price for a serious lapse of concentration towards the end of the first half, with their determined efforts after the break not enough to retrieve the situation.

There had been a huge sense of anticipation around the game and that transformed itself into an intensity and urgency on the pitch in the fevered atmosphere of a game between these rivals.

In the frenetic opening skirmishes, the Gunners almost picked their way through when Santi Cazorla's incisive pass released Olivier Giroud, whose shot was blocked by the sliding recovery tackle of Jan Vertonghen.
    Arsenal were tigerish and tenacious but the promise of their attacks were continually snuffed out by the excellent Tottenham centre-backs Vertonghen and Michael Dawson.

They produced the resilience and awareness the visitors could have done with from their defence, who were twice caught out to give Spurs the upper hand.

Gylfi Sigurdsson and Scott Parker each played incisive passes from the left through the heart of Arsenal's defence for Bale and Lennon to score.

Bale sent a 38th-minute left-foot shot into the bottom corner before Lennon rounded Wojciech Szczesny and slotted in his fourth goal of the campaign.

Spurs had led 1-0 and 2-0 against their rivals in their past two meetings but ended up losing both 5-2 and Arsenal threatened another comeback when Mertesacker's glanced header from Theo Walcott's free-kick skimmed in off Bale's head.

Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris crucially gathered a low Carl Jenkinson cross as Giroud and Aaron Ramsey threatened to pounce before Spurs took back a grip on the fluctuating game.

Bale blazed over an Benoit Assou-Ekotto cross from the left before Sigurdsson was clean through only to square the ball for Mertesacker to clear instead of shooting.

Arsenal were exposed as they piled forward and Defoe sent a shot agonisingly wide as the home side again failed to put Arsenal away.

Spurs were almost punished when Walcott curled a 22-yard free-kick just wide towards the end.

Tottenham will feel they are strongly placed for a top four spot but there will also be a note of caution after they let a similar lead over Arsenal slip last season.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 06:10

Tottenham arsenil

Possesion
    54% 46%
    Shots
    11 10
    On target
    5 6
    Corners
    4 6
    Fouls
    17 13

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:19

vis how good is it that even when we not playing well the players still put in maximum effort.

your right about lennon he worked so hard for the team.
    walkers slowly getting back to hes best and how wrong was i about verts. i thought hes looked shaky lately but was a brick. also loved dawson passion when he went had go at them for not kicking the ball out.

just a shame we let in that silly goal just after half time and had nerveous but not 2 many hairy moments. liverpool next and there defence is pony

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:28

lloris.8 brillant disubrution. came off hes line well.
    he looked so annoyed at letting in a goal.

walker 8 getting back to bes best
    dawson. 9just what you want from your captian. showing passion and loved how he had a go at them for not kicking the ball out. also geting our playes fired up before the game.
    verts.9 best game in a spurs shirt since man u away.
    dembele 8 he was a lot better today.
    stigggerson8 worked hard down the left, great vison for the pass that led to the goal and should of scored.
    bale7 quiet game but great finnish for the goal
    lennon 8 he coverd so much ground and track back loads
    ade7 great decoy runs to create space for others.

avb is doing so well. love the guy

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:52

Dial Square Match Thread 481170_10151514683235930_125046887_n

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 07:52

Dial Square Match Thread 46884_417638171663139_1786717446_n
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:vis how good is it that even when we not playing well the players still put in maximum effort.

your right about lennon he worked so hard for the team.
    walkers slowly getting back to hes best and how wrong was i about verts. i thought hes looked shaky lately but was a brick. also loved dawson passion when he went had go at them for not kicking the ball out.

just a shame we let in that silly goal just after half time and had nerveous but not 2 many hairy moments. liverpool next and there defence is pony

It's very pleasing that even when not 100% we still grind other teams down. As I said AVB seems to be producing a team ethos & spirit that is awesome.
    Big V was immense today. Gary Neville gave him Sky MOM then they showed a clip of his best bits and although you see them through the game and cheer and applaud them it's not till after you go WOW how good was that?.
    So glad Daws is still at the club. As you know Lought he is one of my faves and he showing the character & leadership of great Spurs captains of the past, Mabbutt, Perryman et al.
    Adalonglayin looked composed yet up for it until he got booked then, understandably I suppose, faded.
    In truth it wasn't our classiest performance of the season but yet again we got the job done and done it with a style & belief that I feel all Spurs fans are beginning to appreciate. Our destiny is in our hands. COYS . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:25

Good win bit harder than i would like Hugo looks the bees knees between the sticks Defoe did more than adebadmiss did in the game but i think we need a world class striker to go 1 step further

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04 2013, 08:26

Dial Square Match Thread 485133_538648239509359_189647900_n

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:54