The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Wolves EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Wolves Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Match Thread Vs Wolves

Match Thread Vs Wolves Empty Match Thread Vs Wolves

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 01:34

Well guys this to me is a must win win game. We need the 3 points & now have to stop relying on the teams around us dropping them to stay in contention for a top 4 finish. A tricky game indeed. We need a good result to put the demons of Blackpool behind us and stand us in a good frame of mind for the Milano game. We also need a game without injuries or disciplinary slip-up's. A difficult fixture to say the least for this weekend. Looking at the stats Wolves have the advantage over us at Molineux but we haven't played them much of late, so these are very out of date so to speak.
    The match should also have some sort of tribute to Dean Richards. Here's hoping it's one that does the guy justice as he was a true & honest servant for both clubs . . . . .

At Wolverhampton Wanderers (43)

Results Total %
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 22 (51.16%)

Tottenham Hotspur 14 (32.56%)

Draws 7 (16.28%)

Goals Total Av.pg
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 80 1.86pg

Tottenham Hotspur 60 1.40pg

Last edited by VisionarySound on Fri Mar 04 2011, 05:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Dean Richards part)

Match Thread Vs Wolves Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wolves

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 01:36

As you can see very little head to head action between the clubs in the last 30 years or so . . . . . .

2010/2011 Sat 18 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League
    2009/2010 Wed 10 Feb Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2009/2010 Sat 12 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League
    2003/2004 Sat 15 May Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2003/2004 Sat 06 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers Premiership
    1995/1996 Wed 07 Feb Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur F.A. Cup
    1995/1996 Sat 27 Jan Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers F.A. Cup
    1983/1984 Sat 31 Mar Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers First Division
    1983/1984 Sat 15 Oct Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1981/1982 Sat 06 Feb Tottenham Hotspur 6 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers First Division
    1981/1982 Sat 12 Sep Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur First Division
    1980/1981 Thu 30 Apr Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur First Division

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 01:39

I'm sure we would all like to see another 7-4 with all our strikers grabbing a brace but I'd be just as happy with a 1-0 won with a flukey O.G just to get this game out of the way . . . . .

Record Scores
    Highest Aggregate 11 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1964/1965

Highest Wolverhampton Wanderers score: 6 Wolverhampton Wanderers 6 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1934/1935

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 7 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1964/1965
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 04 2011, 01:43

Man City host Wigan on Saturday and the Chavs travel up to Blackpool on the Moday and I dont see either slipping up ......
    We have to win this game at Wolves but its gonna be a big ask and not the ideal game days before the Milan tie ....

Next couple of games for us are massive ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 04 2011, 01:46

VisionarySound wrote:I'm sure we would all like to see another 7-4 with all our strikers grabbing a brace but I'd be just as happy with a 1-0 won with a flukey O.G just to get this game out of the way . . . . .

Record Scores
    Highest Aggregate 11 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1964/1965

Highest Wolverhampton Wanderers score: 6 Wolverhampton Wanderers 6 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1934/1935

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 7 Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1964/1965

One nil to the Tottenham will do for me too ,,,, Vis ......COYS!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 02:17

got a bad feeling about this game what with the milan game 3 days after.

i hope im wrong but feel we are going to get beat here.

wolves fight for everything and im sure some of our players like ekotto wont wana get hurt.

gomez
    hutton galas daws ekotto
    jenas wp sandro kranker
    pav defoe

i dont want lennon getting hurt. use him as a sub same as modric.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 02:21

This is a game I'm not looking forward to Arnie. So many things could go horribly wrong and a bad result could have a knock-on effect for the rest of the season (but a good result could do as well ! ! !). I really can't think of another team I want be facing this weekend less then Wolves . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 04 2011, 02:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:got a bad feeling about this game what with the milan game 3 days after.

i hope im wrong but feel we are going to get beat here.

wolves fight for everything and im sure some of our players like ekotto wont wana get hurt.

gomez
    hutton galas daws ekotto
    jenas wp sandro kranker
    pav defoe

i dont want lennon getting hurt. use him as a sub same as modric.

Vis wrote :
    This is a game I'm not looking forward to Arnie. So many things could go horribly wrong and a bad result could have a knock-on effect for the rest of the season (but a good result could do as well ! ! !). I really can't think of another team I want be facing this weekend less then Wolves . . . . .

I feel the same way about this game as you guys ...However we did do more than okay away to Sunderland days before the first leg in the San Siro so maybe a similar result .....
    I'd like to see a similar starting eleven to yours Lought ...Maybe Pienaar to start ahead of Jenas , keep it tight to begin with ....coys

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 02:45

i forgot about him. yea stick him in instead of jenas
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Mar 04 2011, 05:10

While i think the AC Milan game is important, so is the Wolves game on the same level for the rest of our season & getting back in the CL. So i don't think we can hold any players back that are fit. Other than Bale & VD Vaart.

Gomes
    Hutton Dawson Gallas Assou-Ekotto
    Lennon Sandro Palacios Pienaar
    Modric
    Pavlyuchenko

Cudicini Bassong Khumalo Jenas
    Crouch Defoe Kranjcar

Think that team would give a strong base in midfield to counter Wolves & get forward quickly.

Plus i think one of the main reasons for Wolves doing well of late is our own No Neck Muppet O'Hara & he can't play against us, so i see a Spurs win.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 05:22

Jim the "O'Hara" factor could make a difference. The reports I have read on Wolves of late have seemed to point to a settled 5 man midfield with O'Hara slotting into it well. Therefore the 2 holding players you suggest in midfield could work to our advantage if they can get in amongst Wolves. The only change I would make to your line-up would be (if he's fully fit) Crouch for Pavy. I always feel Crouch is much better in the lone striker role then Pavy . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 06:32

i think pav will start and harry will save crouch for ac milan but thinking about it i would play crouch in this game. he suits these sorts of games.

plus pav playes better at home. so im going to change my line up.

gomez
    hutton galas daws ekotto
    lennon wp sandro pinnar
    krankar
    crouch

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 20:46

Wolves midfielder Jamie O'Hara is ineligible to play against his parent club under the terms of his loan.

Steven Mouyokolo and Ronald Zubar are ruled out with injury while Dave Edwards and Dave Jones are doubts, but Stephen Hunt is fit again.

Tottenham pair Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart remain unavailable but hope to return for the Champions League tie against AC Milan in midweek.

Ledley King is training again after a groin injury but is unlikely to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolves

Doubtful: Edwards & Jones (both leg)

Injured/unavailable: Guedioura (broken leg), Kightly, Mancienne & Mouyokolo (all knee), O'Hara (ineligible), Zubar (back)

Tottenham

Doubtful: King (groin)

Injured: Bale (back), Corluka & Huddlestone (both ankle), Kaboul (knee), Van der Vaart (calf), Woodgate (groin)

MATCH PREVIEW
    The season's ambition of these clubs differ greatly, but their sorrow will be shared ahead of kick-off when they honour the memory of Dean Richards.

Richards, who played as a defender for both clubs, died last weekend aged 36 after a long illness. He became a firm favourite at Wolves following his move from Bradford in 1995, playing 145 games before joining Southampton. He signed for Tottenham in 2001 for £8.1m - a then-record fee for an uncapped English player - and made 81 appearances for the club before being forced to retire as he was suffering from dizzy spells and headaches.

Richards' wife and two sons are due to attend Sunday's game, and a representative from each of his four former clubs will hold aloft their team's shirt in the centre circle prior to a minute's applause before kick-off.

The game itself is an opportunity for Wolves to climb out of the relegation zone, and for Tottenham to bolster their chances of a top-four finish and Champions League qualification. Spurs will be playing for the first time in 12 days since a 3-1 defeat at Blackpool, who Wolves thrashed 4-0 last weekend to move off the bottom.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• This is the 80th league meeting between the clubs. Tottenham lead by 39 wins to 26.

• Spurs have won three of their last four league games at Wolves.

Wolves

• They have won three of their previous four league games at Molineux in 2011 - against Chelsea, Manchester United and Blackpool. The 4-0 win over Blackpool was their biggest in the top flight for 31 years.

• Mick McCarthy's side are looking to win three consecutive home matches in the top flight for the first time in over 30 years.

• Six of their eight league victories this season have come against top-half opposition.

• Karl Henry is poised to make his 300th English league appearance.

Tottenham

• Spurs have won six Premier League away games this season - only Arsenal (seven) have a better record. They have scored in each of their last nine league away matches.

• Harry Redknapp's side have gained an unrivalled 20 points from losing positions.

• Jermain Defoe should make his 300th Premier League appearance. He has scored 97 goals.

• Benoit Assou-Ekotto has made 99 Premier League starts for Spurs.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Wolves

Ebanks-Blake: 6 goals 6 league);
    Fletcher: 6 goals (4 league); Doyle: 6 goals (3 league)

Tottenham

Van der Vaart: 12 goals (10 league);
    Bale: 11 goals (7 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Mark Halsey

Assistant referees: Simon Long & Mike Mullarkey

Fourth official: Chris Foy

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Wolves (W4-0 v Blackpool, h): Hennessey; Zubar (Ebanks-Blake 56), Stearman, Berra, Elokobi, Hammill (Foley 36), Henry, Edwards (Ward 66), Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle. Subs not used: Hahnemann, Craddock, Fletcher, Milijas.

Tottenham (L1-3 v Blackpool, a): Gomes; Bassong (Crouch 73), Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Palacios (Jenas 46), Pienaar (Kranjcar 59), Defoe, Pavlyuchenko. Subs not used: Cudicini, Khumalo, Rose, Sandro.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 06:38

Have to win all our remaining games bar one or two and Wolves away is now one we cant afford to slip up in ...

________ Gomes ________
    Hutton _ Gallas_ Dawson _ BAE
    Pienaar _ Sandro_ Wilson _ Kranjcar
    ______ Pav____ Defoe __

Subs on later in the game Modric & Lennon ...1-0 to the Spurs ,,,,,get it done ...

( latest ) Snood been banned by FIFA...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:33

do you mean snooze has been banned. that should stop loads fans turning up at kebabs r us lol

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 09:00

big big game this now after man c and also chelsea beatin man u last week. we have to win .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 09:26

Ive changed my mind on the team ....Think Lennon has to start from the off so ....
    ________ Gomes ________
    Hutton _ Gallas_ Dawson _ BAE

Lennon _ Sandro_ Wilson _ Pienaar
    ______ ___ Kranjcar __
    ________Pav___________
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 09:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:do you mean snooze has been banned. that should stop loads fans turning up at kebabs r us lol
    Lol..... If cry babies were banned , they'd then have a problem filling their library ...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 11:24

they was booing there fans at the end lol

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 02:22

A special tribute will be paid to former defender Dean Richards before two of his old clubs Wolves and Spurs meet in the Premier League on Sunday.

Richards, who died a week ago aged 36 after a long battle with illness, also played for Bradford and Southampton.

His widow Samantha and their children Rio and Jaden are due to attend the game at Molineux, starting at 1600 GMT.

Representatives of all his four former clubs will hold their shirts aloft on the pitch before a minute's applause.

"These shirts are to be signed by members of the current squads and will then be auctioned off in aid of St Gemma's Hospice in Leeds where Dean passed away," said a Wolves spokesman.

Former Wolves players Matt Murray and Don Goodman, current Spurs defender Ledley King, and ex-England manager Graham Taylor are expected to attend the tribute.

Others set to be at Molineux are former Southampton boss Dave Jones, ex-Saints striker James Beattie and Bradford joint-chairman Mark Lawn.

Both sets of players will wear black armbands and there will be tributes from former team-mates and friends in the matchday programme.

"The club have aimed to come up with a fitting tribute which is both simple and respectful in honouring Dean's memory in accordance with the family's wishes," added the spokesman.

"Supporters have also been suggesting their own ideas and, as was seen against Blackpool last weekend, any such spontaneous tributes will, of course, be welcomed."

Premier League stars joined hundreds of mourners on Friday at the funeral of Richards in his home city of Bradford.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 02:40

1535: Wolves v Tottenham scene-setter:
    Saj Chowdhury reports: "BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Nevin said that Chelsea are right back in the title race. If they are, then surely Tottenham are still in the hunt? But I think even the most optimistic Spurs fan will probably tell you that a tussle for third is the best their team can hope for. Wolves seem to regularly produce good performances but still languish in the depths of relegation despair. However, they thrashed Blackpool in their last match so come into this match in good form."

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 02:41

1538: Wolves v Tottenham team news:
    Saj Chowdhury reports: "Wolves on-loan midfielder Jamie O'Hara is ineligible to face his parent club, while Ronald Zubar and Dave Edwards miss out because of back injuries. Nenad Milijas and Stephen Ward return to the starting XI. Tottenham's potent left-sided player Gareth Bale is back on the bench having been sidelined since 22 January. Alan Hutton returns to right-back with William Gallas shifting to the centre of defence. Jermaine Jenas and Sandro are selected in midfield."

1536: Wolves v Tottenham line-ups:
    Wolves: Hennessey, Foley, Stearman, Berra, Elokobi, Hammill, Henry, Ward, Milijas, Jarvis, Doyle.
    Subs: Hahnemann, Craddock, Ebanks-Blake, Fletcher, Mouyokolo, Griffiths, Doherty.
    Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Pienaar, Jenas, Sandro, Modric, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.
    Subs: Cudicini, Bale, Lennon, Palacios, Crouch, Bassong, Kranjcar.
    Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 02:44

Thats a fair looking starting 11 with plenty of attacking options & a very strong bench . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 03:58

WOW - what a 1st half . . . . . . .
    Tribute to Dean Richards was immense.
    Jermain Defoe he's a Yiddo.
    Strange defending from us again.
    My main bitch is the state of the pitch. It's a fekin disgrace. Wolves should be ashamed of it. Its the 21st Century and the Premier League and the game is being played on a surface that if it were a Recs Sunday pitch the game would be called off. 1970's mud bath. Absolute disgrace that this kind of surface is still seen as acceptable. It's that bad it's almost a Health & Safety issue.
    Open game and still lots to play for. Hutton may be a touch lucky to still be on the pitch so let's hope he gets the winner as justice for Wolves offering such a sh*t cow pasture to play professional football on . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 04:00

LOL and is it just me but does the Wolves No 3 look like Idi Amin ? And their 'keeper look like the Welsh lad who sang "Walking in the Air" ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 20:56