The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
djfitzo
shearspur
Maximus
vis
8 posters

Liverpool Match Thread

Liverpool Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Match Thread

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 05:51

im not an idiot. bale most of the time plays for himself. taking that free kick from how far out and just shooting.

defoe and bale when they near the goal they dont care whos in better postion. its shoot on sight.

but bale young so he hopefully will add that part of the game to him like berbatov and rooney. they will always pass to people in better postion because they have a football brain.

we could of got suarez 2 years ago but we got ade lol.

Last edited by Loughtonlegend on Mon Mar 11 2013, 05:58; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 05:53

its funny how i never swear at anyone yet im the bad person.

dj go on the spurs vital forum and see some of the stuff they are saying on there.

thats whats wrong with this forum people are scared to say what they want and now they dont post anymore.
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Mon Mar 11 2013, 05:55

a football brian....... IS that like a Cloughy, or a robson ....?????? lol!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:05

Take it you guys aren't very happy then lol? Only saw the 2nd half but we were in control at 1-2 and kinda blew it ourselves. AVB being the intelligent chap he is will use this as part of the learning curve. Onwards & upwards. COYS . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:im not an idiot. bale most of the time plays for himself. taking that free kick from how far out and just shooting.

oh yeah, and if it had gone in you would be saying what a player he is. make your mind up , cant have it all ways
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:41

Maximus wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:ratings
    lloris 5. awfull decesion to come that far off hes line
    walker 2. braindead.
    dawson 6. not hes best game
    verts 6. hes job is to defend.and could of cost us another pen.
    ekotto. 2. lets be honest hes been geting away with that for ages now. he didnt even care.
    parker7. decent game.
    dembele9 best player today
    stiggerson.7 worked hard but should of past to defoe for 3 1.
    bale 6 another averge game. taken them stupid long free kicks.
    jake 7 decent game.
    defoe 4. is it 14 or 15 games now 1 goal. compare him up front to suraez.
    just like the inter game when he wouldnt pass. waste of space.

subs. holtby. i not worked out what he does yet. seems to offer nothing.
    carrol came on to late

Bale, another average game? set up two goals, your a f*cking idiot.

f*cking idiot.???
    Bit strong Fitzo, what ever happened to freedom of speech????

Freedom of speech, so I'm not allowed my opinion, take you you don't read Loughts posts, I'm all for freedom of speech when it's balanced, but now, we have one off day in f*ck knows how long and half the team are cnuts.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:49

from that range taking a free kick when you have verts whos on a hatrrick. stupid.

i told everyone a millon times i would swap him for suarez
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:50

i read them, it's just that i think personal insults are shallow,
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 06:57

Maximus wrote:i read them, it's just that i think personal insults are shallow,
    o

Do you? We had weeks of a lively positive board and we have one little blip, where we go to Liverpool and should have at least got a draw and Loughts all over the board like a rash slagging the same players he was extolling a few days ago, maybe a went over the top, but Lought does it all the time and all we get is haha, it's just Lought.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 11 2013, 07:00

Shear 1 bad result in 13 games leads to knee-jerk reactions I'm afraid. Unfortunately all the good that has gone on before is too quickly forgotten. I understand frustration in defeat but I can't understand when fans turn on players so easily. That's football for ya. You & I will see one thing others will see another.
    Lought, why was Lloris marked so low? He's a sweeper keeper and will tidy up. Today he got unfortunate. Yes Walkers back pass was awful but sometimes it happens and he has been much improved of late but yet again you go back to calling him braindead? Touch harsh I feel. Ekottos tackle on Suarez? Was it a foul or did Suarez throw himself forward to win the pen? And you say he always looks like giving away a pen but when was the last one he gave away?
    Slight margins indeed but hey for some 3rd in the league ain't enough. Unfortunately improved performances bring higher expectations and sometimes those expectations aren't met.
    Lought frustration at a loss against Liverpool at Anfield in a game we may have got something from shows how far we have come of late (not so long ago we were happy if we only lost slightly embarrassingly against 'em, now we are their bogey team and they celebrate vastly 'cos they got something from us for a change). Not all the way there but the signs are good so sometimes we have to take a knock-back and just think hey ho next time we will do 'em. Still good times to be a Spurs fan mate . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 11 2013, 07:04

Peeps. Please let's stick to difference of opinion without name calling. Good time for a debate about how far we may have come under AVB compared to previous mangers and what more we need. But please no name calling, just good old fashioned disagreement.
    Thanx . . . . .

flowers Pride
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 07:14

vis wrote:Peeps. Please let's stick to difference of opinion without name calling. Good time for a debate about how far we may have come under AVB compared to previous mangers and what more we need. But please no name calling, just good old fashioned disagreement.
    Thanx . . . . .

flowers Pride

Sorry Vis and sorry Lought, it was uncalled for, but you too must stop this name calling of certain players, you don't like Defoe and that's your opinion, we have gone to Anfield and they largely played a defensive game and we should have got at least a draw, without one of our better players in Aaron Lennon, but Lought you have forgotten all about theprvious two months, we are still third and bar a disaster are in. The quarter finals of the Europa, Idont see why you and afew others are so negative.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 08:35

right inter milan have just lost at home to hmm wait for it Bologna. in a league where inter or 4th.

ekotto always looks like given a pen away and should of conceded a few more.

as for walker he should know better then to play the ball across the other side of the pitch.

as for defoe i would play ade all day long above him.
    at least ade is not greedy.
    i pray he gets sold to west ham in the summer. the guy is just bang averge. hes like a kid on the park wanting all the glory.

again we have have a great chance to go to that next level but we could f*ck up now.
    winning last week dont mean so much now.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 11 2013, 09:15

Lought you woul really play Adanicerestforawhileandihaveapoorlybigtoerightnow
    before Defoe? Yet the last couple of weeks you have been so loud in your criticism of Adanicerestforawhileandihaveapoorlybigtoerightnow?
    Odd mate. We deffo need an out & out striker but Adanicerestforawhileandihaveapoorlybigtoerightnow
    is not the answer in my humble opion. He may not be greedy but he's fekin lazy and that is a more heinous crime.
    Walker played an awful ball it has to be said but I can forgive that as I can Ekotto's tackle. Suarez made a meal of it, as players do, but Ekotto is still the best we have on the left of defence.
    So if we win next week won't that mean much to you seen as we lost this week? That seems to be the trouble with Spurs fans. Expectations are so great (and ain't it mighty fine that they is so great? Hey 12 games without defeat have set the bar high and as soon as it crashes down let's all sob? Please indeed) that if we don't win every game we are suddenly crap again. We still have some distance to cover to be a true contender but at least we are getting there rather then going backwards? Does that count for nothing? Or is it all about a quick fix rather than a long term remedy? Choices, choices eh . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 09:45

ade only problem is he dont look like scoring. he does work hard and look like hes trying. he was involed in the goals aganst the scum.

but defoe. hes 30 and still not learnt whe to pass and when to shoot thats unforgivabe for a prem player.

tell me something would he do that at man u.

i believe in avb and i know he will see what i see and will want better then defoe and ade.

ekotto a decent left back but sometimes is to casual.

but we cant throw away champions league again after being ahead of them all season again. if we do then you can only blame the players.

we got fulham next week and 3 points is a must and hope swansea get something aganst that lot.
    if we had won today then im sure the goons would of not got 3 points aganst swansea but now they will think they can catch us
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 11 2013, 10:14

When this season, Lought, has Adaareallynicelongsunbatheonthebeachinafrica tried hard? Please refresh my memory? The only time I can think of is against arsenil and trying hard to get an early bath . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 10:45

Loughtonlegend wrote:ade only problem is he dont look like scoring. he does work hard and look like hes trying. he was involed in the goals aganst the scum.

but defoe. hes 30 and still not learnt whe to pass and when to shoot thats unforgivabe for a prem player.

tell me something would he do that at man u.

i believe in avb and i know he will see what i see and will want better then defoe and ade.

ekotto a decent left back but sometimes is to casual.

but we cant throw away champions league again after being ahead of them all season again. if we do then you can only blame the players.

we got fulham next week and 3 points is a must and hope swansea get something aganst that lot.
    if we had won today then im sure the goons would of not got 3 points aganst swansea but now they will think they can catch us

But we had a bad 4 games and then went on this run, Walker made a bad mistake today, but has been brilliant for 10 games and you call him brain dead ? How many chances did we actually create for Defoe ? You slagged off Dembele, yet gave him the best points today, you said not long ago that you like Holtby, now you don't know what he brings to the team. The scousers got lucky today and they know it, we still have the points in the bag and this is the worst Arsenal defence of all time and they don't have Van Persies goals to dig them out of the sh*t this season. Why all the sudden negativity from a few posters after a unlucky loss and what's the f*cking point about going on about Suarez, he scored one good goal and did f*ck all else but fall over for a penalty, we didn't have the money at the time to buy him and the Pool only got him because they sold Torres for 50 million, we have go t what we have and I'm confident that we will finish at least 4th and you said Bale was average again, really?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 10:49

Maximus wrote:cut em some slack today ??

WE Were sh*t !

Ask Lought what the stats were,we certainly were not sh*t,we gave away 2 sloppy goals, that's it.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 10:58

right ekotto is the only player to make downing look good. now compare suarez to defoe. suarez didnt stop all game and scored a brillant first goal from a move he created then got the pen because he new ekotto would touch him like ekotto always does touch players in the box.

i never said demeble a low score because he was prob our best player today. i always thought he was decent player but hes no modric.

defoe had a few chances and did nothing. he had loads of chances aganst inter and shot at the keeper.

14 games and one goal.

liverpool still got 3 goals and we got 2. they won we didnt.

1 mistake you can get away with but mistakes from lloris defoe walker ekott all in one game and im afraid you get what you deserve. NOTHING.

now at 2 1 we had enough chances to make it 3 1 but we was too greedy again and it cost us.

its okay because defoe will score a few next week and all will be alright with the world

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 11 2013, 11:10

Bad day at the office. We were on to win that game, no doubt about it. Two kamikaze incidents gave that game to Liverfool and that's all there is to it, it happens and it probably won't be the last time. We can still make top 4. My man of the match today was Dembele, I thought he looked somewhere near to what he was before he got injured and Vertonghen also had a great game. As for Ekotto he should have been more careful but Suarez made the most of it. Should have beat them but that's how it goes sometimes.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 17:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:right ekotto is the only player to make downing look good. now compare suarez to defoe. suarez didnt stop all game and scored a brillant first goal from a move he created then got the pen because he new ekotto would touch him like ekotto always does touch players in the box.

i never said demeble a low score because he was prob our best player today. i always thought he was decent player but hes no modric.

defoe had a few chances and did nothing. he had loads of chances aganst inter and shot at the keeper.

14 games and one goal.

liverpool still got 3 goals and we got 2. they won we didnt.

1 mistake you can get away with but mistakes from lloris defoe walker ekott all in one game and im afraid you get what you deserve. NOTHING.

now at 2 1 we had enough chances to make it 3 1 but we was too greedy again and it cost us.

its okay because defoe will score a few next week and all will be alright with the world

No Lought, it is not ok, we all know Defoe is not the answer, but he is what we have and he had bugger all chances as we had no width. In my mind both Suarez and Bale had average games but both influenced the game, Surez with his goal and winning the penalty and Bale with his two crosses that led to our goals , I said to you weeks ago that Walker is young and an arm around the shoulder us what he needs, not to be called brain dead because of one silly mistake, AVB will get them in today or tommrow and go through those mistakes and get it right, but lets not go overboard because of one unlucky loss in Christ knows how many weeks.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Mar 11 2013, 20:36

Reading through all the comments i can understand what everyone is saying. Quite a few players were clumsy which basically cost us the game. When we were leading 2-1, we were in control of that game and we looked like scoring a 3rd, then the clumsy mistakes kicked in. For some unknown reason, i sensed that Liverpool were going to get a penalty later on in the game, and it bloody happened!

One player who is P*ssing me off is Ekotto, he constantly whacks the ball to nobody or kicks the ball for the sake of it, he is starting to look a liability i reckon and gave away the penalty on top of that. AVB needs to have words with him, as he does try to give 100% in most games.

I noticed Siggy actually went for the shot this time when he should of squared it, he did the opposite against Inter, but had he squared that to defoe we would of gone 3-1 up and probably won the game.

Dembele & Vertonghen were outstanding for us, but cant really say that about the rest of the team. We missed Lennons influence in the game, but i feel if it wasnt for those silly mistakes we could of won that game quite comfortably.

Overall, Liverpool were lucky to get the win, we shot ourselves in the foot and the players will know this and learn by it.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 11 2013, 22:17

DJSR wrote:Reading through all the comments i can understand what everyone is saying. Quite a few players were clumsy which basically cost us the game. When we were leading 2-1, we were in control of that game and we looked like scoring a 3rd, then the clumsy mistakes kicked in. For some unknown reason, i sensed that Liverpool were going to get a penalty later on in the game, and it bloody happened!

One player who is P*ssing me off is Ekotto, he constantly whacks the ball to nobody or kicks the ball for the sake of it, he is starting to look a liability i reckon and gave away the penalty on top of that. AVB needs to have words with him, as he does try to give 100% in most games.

I noticed Siggy actually went for the shot this time when he should of squared it, he did the opposite against Inter, but had he squared that to defoe we would of gone 3-1 up and probably won the game.

Dembele & Vertonghen were outstanding for us, but cant really say that about the rest of the team. We missed Lennons influence in the game, but i feel if it wasnt for those silly mistakes we could of won that game quite comfortably.

Overall, Liverpool were lucky to get the win, we shot ourselves in the foot and the players will know this and learn by it.

A more balanced approach from DJ!! perhaps we should all wait until we have calmed down after a rare defeat!!

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Mar 11 2013, 22:49

Frankly most Spurs supporters I spoke to before the game, thought we would do well to get a point, this being one of our most difficult games. The manner of the loss was frustrating because we were the better team for most of the game. As everybody has said two bad mistakes cost us but hey that happens. I did think the ref was very lenient with Liverpool though especially Suarez who not only spent most of his time trying to get a penalty and was involved in altercations with Parker Walker and Dembele. But what about the outrageous dive by the Chelsea reject (obviously they were all out to get a pen) had that been bale he would no doubt have been booked and pilloried in the media. What about Gerrards elbow/forearm smash into the back of Bales head, was that not at least a yellow card.
    Anyway we were bound to lose a game sometime if only by the law of averages and I do think some here have gone overboard with the negativity.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 23:36

no dj people only starting to relise at 30 that defoe not that good. yet it was obvious years ago hes averge.

suarez wanted to win and did anything he could for the team.
    our players wanted glory for themselfs and thats why we lost.

as for ekotto he was the only player not to join in the group hug before kick off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 12:43