The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
huddlestone EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
huddlestone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
huddlestone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
huddlestone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
huddlestone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
huddlestone EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
huddlestone EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
huddlestone EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
huddlestone EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

huddlestone Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

huddlestone

huddlestone Empty huddlestone

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:15

huddlestone Empty Re: huddlestone

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:16

hudd and modric in the center aganst inter.

just goes to prove you dont need defensive midfeilders all the time.
    you have a keeper and 4 defenders.

football is about keeping the ball not just wacking the ball aimlessly upfeild.

the best form of defence is always attack
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:37

Loughtonguy wrote:hudd and modric in the center aganst inter.

just goes to prove you dont need defensive midfeilders all the time.
    you have a keeper and 4 defenders.

football is about keeping the ball not just wacking the ball aimlessly upfeild.

the best form of defence is always attack

Do you mean Hudd and Holby, Yes Huddleston made a difference I think Parker need a rest

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23 2013, 09:10

i was bang on the money again lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 23 2013, 22:09

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10012195/Tottenham-Hotspur-midfielder-Tom-Huddlestone-to-look-elsewhere-if-not-assured-regular-starting-place.html

Do we go all out to keep him? There are not players in the Prem, if any, that has his range of passing and powerful shooting with either foot.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Apr 23 2013, 22:28

I would keep Huddlestone, he was out for most of the season, and if sold would only fetch £4-7m. Give him a new contract or extend his current one, not many players have the same passing ability as fitzo said, and given the confidence he would score more often as he has a hell of a strike on him, plus with better players around him he would excel even more!
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue Apr 23 2013, 23:53

the thud has one of the best left foots of the present game , it a shame that he has been overlooked many times and has suffered injuries . he is still young at 26 and some player seem to mature latter .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 01:15

plus this season we been better away from home then at the lane and thats because we not had modric or the hudd.

i would keep him and use him more.

no player can expect to play every game but avb should say to him that he will play him more
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Apr 24 2013, 01:23

Loughtonguy wrote:plus this season we been better away from home then at the lane and thats because we not had modric or the hudd.

i would keep him and use him more.

no player can expect to play every game but avb should say to him that he will play him more

Reading the article Lought, it does seem that AVB ha said that to him, but more minutes on the pitch is what he needs, Jan Molby was a whale of a player, but could pass and strike a great ball and was a legend at the Pool, Hoddle had no more pace than Hudd, infact and I know Citeh looked tired, but Tom sure covered the ground for our 3rd goal and like you say instead of Parker doing a 360 degree circle, Hudd can ping a 50 yarder on a sixpence relieving the pressure.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 02:07

that forward pass turns defence into attack.

i think hudd deserves a start after hes last 3 sub roles
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Apr 25 2013, 05:42

We all know he's a great passer of the ball but you forget that he has had long rus in the side in the last3 or 4 seasons and after a few games he fades away in games. Just being able to do the odd 40 yard pass is not enough. For me he doesn't get involved in the game over 90 mins.

He is a great asset to have in the squad and to be on the bench when things need changing but I don't see him as someone to pin our hopes on. Stoke and Fulham want him and if we can get 8 to 10 mil for him take it and put it towards the top players we need.

There are others that we could sell off to help with bringing players in. It's great having a lot of players in the club but many of them are not top class and will not make it in the prem on a regular basis, certainly not with a top 4 or 6 side. We are constantly sending players that is obvious are not going to be first choice for us out on loan, so wouldn't it be better to sell them.

I believe loaning young players out is a perfect idea to give them experience and keeping them fit and hungry but not the older ones who have had to many chances like Bentley for instance. Why he's still with us is beyond me.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05 2024, 16:53