The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Show 'em The Door EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Show 'em The Door EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Show 'em The Door EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Show 'em The Door EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Show 'em The Door EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Show 'em The Door EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Show 'em The Door EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Show 'em The Door EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Show 'em The Door EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Show 'em The Door Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
philip
LOVELOVEROCKET
BazSpur
vis
8 posters

Show 'em The Door

vis
    vis

Show 'em The Door Empty Show 'em The Door

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 08:35

So who do you not want to see in the Spurs squad next season?
    Remember we can always loan players out without selling them and call them back later or give them a season long loan to gain experience . . . .

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Show 'em The Door Empty Re: Show 'em The Door

Post by BazSpur Mon May 20 2013, 08:55

Ade, Huddlestone, Parker, Defoe. Although as far as Defoe and Ade are concerned it depends whether we get strikers to replace them. Over to you Danny.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 20 2013, 09:04

Adabadbigtoe, Parker, Ekotto, Gallas, Dempsey, Livermore & Gomes would be players I would wish well but not be sorry to see leave . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon May 20 2013, 09:24

in order - gallas to old.
    ekooto words fail me.
    adebayor inconsitent.
    huddelstone never in shape.
    sell parker before he loses is value.
    livermore loan out.
    defoe as backup.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 20 2013, 09:35

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:in order - gallas to old.
    ekooto words fail me.
    adebayor inconsitent.
    huddelstone never in shape.
    sell parker before he loses is value.
    livermore loan out.
    defoe as backup.

I agree with you and would add get Caroll more involved
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon May 20 2013, 18:32

Gallas BAE Hudd Parker Defoe Gomes Bentley Defoe Naughton and Ade

replaced with Moutino Damaio luke Shaw and diame and wilifred bony the guy is awsome on football manager lol and good in real life big strong black guy from vitisse or benteke from Villa the guy is a big bulldozer we need a big powerful centre foward who f*cks defenders up
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 21 2013, 09:45

Rep Mark as I had forgotten all about Bentley lol . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue May 21 2013, 19:49

its all good and well expecting us to get all these great top players in but being realistic will it happen ? 1. were not in the champs league four other top clubs are, who will be after our same targeted players. 2. our wage structure will not pay these players what they will be expecting which the other four clubs can pay. 3. will levy be opening the purse strings with the new stadium on the horizon needing funds.imo our top priority is if we can keep bale and add a good striker then its a good summer for me before the new season. dont think we need a mass clear out to start all over again.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 21 2013, 20:47

shearspur wrote:its all good and well expecting us to get all these great top players in but being realistic will it happen ? 1. were not in the champs league four other top clubs are, who will be after our same targeted players. 2. our wage structure will not pay these players what they will be expecting which the other four clubs can pay. 3. will levy be opening the purse strings with the new stadium on the horizon needing funds.imo our top priority is if we can keep bale and add a good striker then its a good summer for me before the new season. dont think we need a mass clear out to start all over again.

Shear, we seem to be selling how the club wants to progress very well and I don't think CL will be an issue. Super Jan chose us over Arsenal because he saw the potential, as did Lewis Holtby when other offers were on the table. Players will take one look at the new training facilities and plans for the new stadium and will be told of our plans and that will swing deals.
    It's not like we finished mid-table 10-15 points off 4th and it looks like Bale will give us at least another season and if targets see that we mean business they will put pen to paper.
    We may struggle to shift some players though.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 21 2013, 21:13

I agree Dave. The likes of Benteke I feel would want to join us.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue May 21 2013, 21:21

im not convinced, if one of those top 4 go in for a player we want ( and it seems they always do because levy drags his heels ) i think said player will choose them over us, for money reasons and champs league footie. that europa league is a turn off for top players, to many matches and injuries to players. i hope your right baz and dave, but weve been here before and hardly ever get our targeted players.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue May 21 2013, 21:54

i think 1 or 2 are aiming to high on the calibre of player we can attrat with europa league i would love the moutinho , damiao's of this world but just cant see it happening .

we need to take risks on younger talents we missed out on willian cos levy drags is heels and cant see levy breaking the 20m anyhow.

which you need to get a marque signing i feel we always 2/3 players short of that magical 4th place we had the chance this year to finally get 4th.

is that arsenal team aint one the the better teams they had over the seasons, to be fair to the arsewipes they improved or did they you take out walnutt and santi there be as poor as can be.

with our new stadium round the corner is levy going to even spend 50m ? lets hope after transfer window we all not sitting here again thinking WHAT IF.............

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 21 2013, 22:22

shearspur wrote:im not convinced, if one of those top 4 go in for a player we want ( and it seems they always do because levy drags his heels ) i think said player will choose them over us, for money reasons and champs league footie. that europa league is a turn off for top players, to many matches and injuries to players. i hope your right baz and dave, but weve been here before and hardly ever get our targeted players.

Like I said Shear Vertonghen chose us over the scum and they had CL to offer.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 21 2013, 22:24

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:i think 1 or 2 are aiming to high on the calibre of player we can attrat with europa league i would love the moutinho , damiao's of this world but just cant see it happening .

we need to take risks on younger talents we missed out on willian cos levy drags is heels and cant see levy breaking the 20m anyhow.

which you need to get a marque signing i feel we always 2/3 players short of that magical 4th place we had the chance this year to finally get 4th.

is that arsenal team aint one the the better teams they had over the seasons, to be fair to the arsewipes they improved or did they you take out walnutt and santi there be as poor as can be.

with our new stadium round the corner is levy going to even spend 50m ? lets hope after transfer window we all not sitting here again thinking WHAT IF.............

Apparently the Moutinho deal was very close, but third party interest scuppered it. AVB feet well under the table now and I expect to get the deals done early this time so that we more or less have our squad ready for pre-season.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 21 2013, 23:54

I agree with most of the players out that have been suggested here. Certainly Ade, Hudd and Bentley, although he would have to be a free as no one would pay for him.I also don't think Dempsey and Sig are top class, neither of them would get in any of the top 4 sides and Holtby looks a reasonable utility player but has shown nothing that makes him stand out. However I would keep Parker for two reasons. (1) He is now 32 and we would get very little for him and (2) He still is a good squad player and gives his all every game he plays in. Useful to have if we have injuries.

The big problem is who we can attract now there is no CL. Levy as we all know will not pay 20 mil or so for players which these days rules out most of the top targets. Also we can't afford top wages.We have already bought a few "bargain" buys like Dempsey and Sigurdson and they haven't exactly set the Prem on fire this season.

Then there is the Bale situation. If he sees that we are not bringing in Marque players then he will probably go, especially if the club are offered 50 or 60 mil a figure that Levy will not turn down.

Anybody that thinks we can live without him just take a check on our results and the goals he has scored this season and work out where we would have finished in the league probably 8th or 9th.

I don't expect anything special next season but if we can hold on to Bale and we get in somebody like Benteke then I will hope we finish at least 5th. Top 4 will be unlikely with those sides spending big.

But back to the original question about who out. We have a lot of dead wood and fringe players that we can get shot of and could raise a few quid for transfers. But PLEASE NOT BALE !!!

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed May 22 2013, 00:12

Vertonghen only went to us because wenger wanted him as a defensive midfeilder.

we got champions league before and didnt attract any big players apart from vdv
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 22 2013, 00:17

Just got to look for the bargains. Like Dave keeps saying Verts joined us over The Scum and So did Holtby. We have some good players coming through the Academy which is nice to see and we have got some real bargains in the past i.e Modric, Berbatov, Kaboul, Keane and what about Sandro?. No reason why we can't do it again, they are out there and they will join us for the right terms. Dembele was a great signing and hopefully if he keeps fit could be another pivotal player next season.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 22 2013, 00:18

Loughtonguy wrote:Vertonghen only went to us because wenger wanted him as a defensive midfeilder.

There you have it then, we don't necessarily have to offer CL to get a decent player and Lought it wasn't just the fact of where Whinger wanted him to play, his already gone on record about our training facility and our vision for the future and seriously do you think the likes of Falcao or Cavani will go to the scum, they may have money to spend, but they still have a strict wage structure in place.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 22 2013, 08:20

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonguy wrote:Vertonghen only went to us because wenger wanted him as a defensive midfeilder.

There you have it then, we don't necessarily have to offer CL to get a decent player and Lought it wasn't just the fact of where Whinger wanted him to play, his already gone on record about our training facility and our vision for the future and seriously do you think the likes of Falcao or Cavani will go to the scum, they may have money to spend, but they still have a strict wage structure in place.

A £Million a week more than ours strict Dave. However I do think AVB can attract a certain type of player to the club. A player who buy's into his vision of what he is trying to build at Spurs and this could see some intresting signings if Levy has faith in him. I don't think we will get a "marquee" name but we may well get good enough players to take us further forward . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 15:19