The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
BazSpur
Boltjean
ionman34
seebee1944
shearspur
djfitzo
vis
11 posters

Bale

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Bale - Page 4 Empty Re: Bale

Post by totalytot Sat Jun 22 2013, 07:28

Don't forget Bentley. The trouble is you can't give him away. That I think also applies to some of the others that have been named and they will have to be given freebies. But you would get money for Hudd, Ekotto and Defoe but who is going to pay Adewhatshisface wages? We could be stuck with him and if Defoe stays then Levy will probably not spend on a striker.

I agree with, who was it DJ or Dave that said that if the big bucks come along then Levy will probaly sell Bale even though he said he's staying.

There's a lot of buying going on at the moment with nearly all clubs in the Prem but I'm still waiting for some movement at WHL.

It looks like Higuin to the a*se is a done deal I would really liked to have seen him at ours he's a top striker.

Anyway there's still time it's not 11 pm on the 31st of August yet.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 06:22

bentley last run of games was when we got champions league.  yet cant even get on the bench when lennon injuird.

santos looks good but he got sold cheap.

yet people still moan about ade.  i hope he stays and we get rid of defoe.

ade is a better player then defoe thats why  avb plays him
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jun 23 2013, 08:55

Bentley has been on loan to about 3 clubs in the past 2 seasons and he always ends up on the bench after a few games. He just has nothing to offer anymore just a memory of a great goal against the a*se a million years ago.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:04

Loughtonguy wrote:bentley last run of games was when we got champions league.  yet cant even get on the bench when lennon injuird.

santos looks good but he got sold cheap.

yet people still moan about ade.  i hope he stays and we get rid of defoe.

ade is a better player then defoe thats why  avb plays him

He plays them both Lought because we don't have anything better and if we have to start the season with them as our strike force, heaven help us.
    I don't think I could face another season watching adedontgiveashit falling over, balls bouncing of his knees to 10 yards in front of him and laughing after.

Ade another season, give me a break.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 11:08

and yet hes a better crosser of the ball then lennon
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jun 26 2013, 06:38

I heard today Bale is going to plead with Levy to let him go for his dream move to Real Madrid. It was on teletext and on the radio but then I read that AVB has asked Levy to assure him Bale is not leaving. So who and what do you believe.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26 2013, 06:56

why would he go to real madrid.  they are about to lose ronaldo. they dont have a manager.

little chance of winning the title.
    he will stay one more season at least
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 26 2013, 08:57

totalytot wrote:I heard today Bale is going to plead with Levy to let him go for his dream move to Real Madrid. It was on teletext and on the radio but then I read that AVB has asked Levy to assure him Bale is not leaving. So who and what do you believe.

Mikey M
    Mikey, that was a quote from Spanish paper, Marca. They are the mouthpiece of Madrid and are sick and tired of being second to Barca. Zidane  is paid a small fortune by Madrid and has to try and do something. Modric openly came out and said he wanted to leave, Bale has said nothing. All these ex players saying he has to move for the sake of his career, ffs his 24.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jun 26 2013, 17:35

I hope you're right Dave. His staying this season is critical to the building and shaping of the club with new quality buys. His leaving could see us short of that quality and a middle table finish.

We need him for at least one more season and hopefully 3 good additions to challenge for honours.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 26 2013, 18:16

I hope you're right Dave. His staying this season is critical to the building and shaping of the club with new quality buys. His leaving could see us short of that quality and a middle table finish.

We need him for at least one more season and hopefully 3 good additions to challenge for honours.

Mikey M

Madrid are desperate mate, always the bridesmaids to Barca, I just don't get why the gutless f*ckers at fifa don't do anything about their blatant tapping up, mind you maybe Bale is thinking that they are that desperate and ruthless, he has a bad game, its bench time.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 28 2013, 01:15

Latest news on Bale. It has been reported that Bale's agent has been in touch with Real officials regarding his move to Real. Paper talk or not Dave, I am really p---ed off with all this now. This should be sorted now so that AVB can be put in the picture as to what players he will be working with in the coming season, and I do not mean those that may be coming in as he does not know who we may sign yet, but surely he must know the players he wants to off load and who do not figure in his plans. It makes me wonder if Levy is worried about doing a deal at the moment with Real as it could discourage players on our radar from joining, once they sign would he then sell Bale?. At the moment Bale is a worm on our hook, if he stays then I can see some quality players coming in, if he leaves without us signing some very good players it will be one giant backward step.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 28 2013, 01:20

Boltjean wrote:Latest news on Bale. It has been reported that Bale's agent has been in touch with Real officials regarding his move to Real. Paper talk or not Dave, I am really p---ed off with all this now. This should be sorted now so that AVB can be put in the picture as to what players he will be working with in the coming season, and I do not mean those that may be coming in as he does not know who we may sign yet, but surely he must know the players he wants to off load and who do not figure in his plans. It makes me wonder if Levy is worried about doing a deal at the moment with Real as it could discourage players on our radar from joining, once they sign would he then sell Bale?. At the moment Bale is a worm on our hook, if he stays then I can see some quality players coming in, if he leaves without us signing some very good players it will be one giant backward step.  

Len, the only ACTUAL press release is from AVB saying that Levy has assured him Bale is going nowhere, that's all we can go on mate, Marca and real officials will still keep stirring though.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 03:21

we should only sale to madrid if we get 2 players we want.Higuain
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 28 2013, 05:16

Hope you are right Dave, mind you the money would have come in handy. What I would like to know is should Bale leave how many of you would say we can kiss goodbye to the Champions League place regardless of who we might sign, in other words is there life after Bale?.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 28 2013, 06:15

if bale goes we will strugle imo. no matter who we bring in they wont match up to his ability and they will need time to fit in. we will never progress with this buying and selling best players all the time. its not just bales footballing skills its his presence in the team that gives confidence all around from the crowd through to the players and the manager.he is our main man and if levy has any sense at all he will keep him and just add a couple of decent strikers. im convinced thats all we need now to push on from last season as we were not far away. dont keep changing for the sake of it.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29 2013, 08:48

but as good as bale has been. its been at the cost of the team. hes scored so many goals but has something like 3 assits.

if bale was in our team then we would have more team goals.
    we might even play 2 upfront some games.

now im not saying i want bale to go but if he goes he goes.

no point in taking 80 mill for him because i doubt avb will get all that money to buy players
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jun 29 2013, 18:53

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/paulinho-they-said-bale-is-staying-26115/?

Interesting
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 03 2013, 20:56

Statement of intent

Kit launch Monday 08.07.13 Paulinho , Villa and Bale all in the new kit.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jul 03 2013, 21:43

have you heard this or just guessing dave ? hope your correct
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jul 03 2013, 21:45

That's great news Dave. Where did yo see that?

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:37

totalytot wrote:
    That's great news Dave. Where did yo see that?

Mikey M

Paulinho is done and dusted, there's no way that he can keep going to the press mentioning us, here's a new one today

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8803483/Transfer-news-Paulinho-won-t-regret-choosing-Tottenham-and-is-relishing-switch

Heard a rumour that someone in the insurance department at Spurs has renewed Bales policy. Its just a hunch that as the kit launch is Monday, from a pr perspective, would look good if all three were in the new kit.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Jul 28 2013, 02:57

I do believe this is becoming serious now, Bale wanting out. I would like to think that this is still paper talk but fear that it is not. Why the hell Levy has not made it public that Bale is going no where is beyond me, why leave it up to AVB to give all the answers to the media, I feel so sorry for him when you think he was assured by Levy Bale was staying and it could all blow up in his face. But with the arrival of our new signings, and should we sign a top striker or two could there be life after Bale?, we survived after loosing Modric . Just my opinion but I think it is easier to replace a defender, a midfield player or winger, but one big failure of our club is I believe never having replaced Berbatov, we have never signed up a top class striker since the day he left and how many moons ago was that?. I know we need to hang onto our top players to become a top club but would it be worth sacrificing one top class player in order to bring in two or maybe even three class players with the money we get for Bale?, we can not remain a one man team just relying on one player to find the back of the net, and should he stay and have a drop in form or long term injury we would be sunk, so should we cash in on Bale now and spend the money on becoming a team of class players instead of remaining a one man team?.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Jul 28 2013, 03:21

dont think bale be sold unless we get soldado . the 3 players we bought will they score the goals if we let bale go ?

without c.league we limited to players we get in anyhow.

is our squad without bale good enough to get 4th ?

and keep playing andros, huddelstone, parker , naughton when clearly there not going to kick us on to be regular top 4 club.

why do we keep driftwood for so long be ruthless, id rather bring in 1 or 2 at a risk than see these players who i know dont improve us as a squad.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jul 28 2013, 03:51

The thing is where does it end ?

If everytime we find a star and then sell him for a big profit it might be good for the bank balance but we will never be a club that wins things.

Modric going last season was a blow and he was missed but Bale is very different. He is special he can change games, score goals that nobody else would score, we saw that last season and thats why Real are prepared to pay over £80 mil for him and not even blink.

I know 80 plus mil is an unbelievable figure but we are strong financially without having the resources of the Arabs. If we keep selling our best then we wont atract anybody of note to join us.

The other point is do you honestly believe that Levy would spend the money on top players. He has already shown with Soldado that he wont pay the money.

Life without Bale will be a real drop in moral for the team and especially AVB who I think is already looking stressed.

I think if Bale was going to stay he and Levy would  or should call a press conference and let us know the true situation I also think Levy should keep the supporters informed on players we have bid for and why we haven't bought them. Moyes is doing it about Fabregas, Fergie used to do it, Rogers is doing it and even Pelligrinni is doing it.

But f Bale goes for 80 mil don't expect it used for players.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jul 28 2013, 03:55

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:dont think bale be sold unless we get soldado .  the 3 players we bought will they score the goals if we let bale go ?

without c.league we limited to players we get in anyhow.

is our squad without bale good enough to get 4th ?

and keep playing andros, huddelstone, parker , naughton when clearly there not going to kick us on to be regular top 4 club.

why do we keep driftwood for so long be ruthless, id rather bring in 1 or 2 at a risk than see these players who i know dont improve us as a squad.

The reason we still keep hold of these average players is we can't sell them and in some cases can't give them away.

So the answer to your question "can these players get us top 4"

NO !!

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content