The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Townsend EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Townsend EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Townsend EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Townsend EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Townsend EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Townsend EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Townsend EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Townsend EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Townsend EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Townsend Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Townsend

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Townsend Empty Townsend

Post by totalytot Sat Oct 12 2013, 08:13

I thought Townsend was outstanding tonight for England and he was given man of the match. I loved it when they asked Walcott what he thought and said I'm pleased for him but the way he said it and the look on his face he looked well pissed.

Townsends goal was the highlight of the game which only got going in the second half. His contribution through out the whole match was first class lets hope he continues when we start the prem next week.

Well done son.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Townsend Empty Re: Townsend

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 13 2013, 05:59

He looked the dogs last night Mikey. Well pleased for the Lad. He looks like he is coming of age. I think he has a better final ball than Lennon. Maybe not as quick as Lennon but he is a fighter.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13 2013, 10:30

he had a good game aganst a poor side.
    hes had over 30 shots in the prem and no goals.

hes goal had a touch of luck about it but he was one of the better players last night.

unlike walcot or lennon he didnt look scared to take players on for england
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Oct 13 2013, 23:53

You still have to be negative dont you Lought?

He was the best player on the park and there was nothing lucky about his goal it was a screamer from 25 yards. While all the others were pissing about passing to the opposition he went straight for it.

You go on about 30 shots no goals in the prem at least he's had shots. How many has Soldado had?

You should be proud and praising one of our boys who has come through the academy and had a great England debut not trying to find negative points.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 14 2013, 01:03

Praising and Lought don't go togethef Mikey.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 14 2013, 01:28

I thought it was a fantastic goal. I see Harry put's it all down to his spell at QPR. Anyway, this lad has a great future as long as he keeps he's feet on the ground and I believe AVB will make sure he does. Just a thought, doom and gloom, I know that is what you will think, but I wonder how long it will be before United, Chelsea or City make an offer for him?, or perhaps even Real, a money plus Bale deal Lol.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 02:13

he was one of the better players
    but the goal was crap. hit and hope. watch it again. the keeper has it and it swerves away from him.

before the west ham game he had 0ver 30 shots. true stat.

if he learns to know when to pass like lamela does then he could be a good player.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 14 2013, 02:24

Loughtonguy wrote:he was one of the better players
    but the goal was crap. hit and hope.  watch it again. the keeper has it and it swerves away from him.

before the west ham game he had 0ver 30 shots. true stat.

if he learns to  know when to pass like lamela does then he could be a good player.
    All I can say to that Lought is BOLLOX!!!!!

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 02:34

okay imagine if walcot had that shot and llloris didnt save it
    we be moaning about it
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Oct 14 2013, 03:01

And Lought damns Townsend with faint praise lol. Didn't see the game, haven't seen the highlights so what do I know lol . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 14 2013, 04:04

It was a fantastic goal Vis. He cut in from the wing and hit it from about 25 yards. Everybody in the press has said what a great goal but lought has to put it down to luck. Just another example of how little Lought knows about football.

No wonder we have less and less people coming on the forum when they have to listen to the rubbish he keeps coming out with. Soon we wont have anybody on the forum and he will be talking to himself he might then have someone to agree with him.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 14 2013, 04:53

Lought, just a question. How can you or anyone for that matter judge whether Townsend's goal was lucky or not?, I just don't understand how you can tell. You may as well say that when any player scores he was lucky it did not go over the bar, wide of the post or the keeper save it. He was on target, no where near going over or wide and out of reach of the keeper, and I am not sure whether Lloris would have saved it. You should be proud of him. You remember that Rooney goal, the overhead kick, cant remember who it was against, the media went mad over it, great goal and all that, but in my opinion that ball could have gone anywhere, I thought it was a lucky goal, but had it been a Spurs player scoring it I suppose I would have marked it down as a great goal.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 05:17

people dont come on here as much because they are all on facebook banter sites because on there you can have banter with other fans.

this forum has gone downhill ever since the gooners got banned from posting

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 06:34

rooney overhead is miles better then andros goal.

thats whats wrong with england. too many road runners and not enough players with football brains.

its like i said about bale being overated

could bale get in the barcelona team.
    course he couldnt because he cant play that way.

mata can. cesc has. felleneni couldnt.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 14 2013, 07:49

people dont come on here as much because they are all on facebook banter sites because on there you can have banter with other fans.

this forum has gone downhill ever since the gooners got banned from posting

Yes, well if it has maybe you should look closer to home for the reason Lought.

Anyway can we get back on topic. I thought Townsends goal was a great goal and he meant it.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 08:14

the guys on hobbs facebook banter site love me because im honest.

everyone stopped postin on here once the gooners got banned.

you should never ban people that get people talking.
    its the watchers that hardly ever post that should not be on here.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 14 2013, 19:54

Loughtonguy wrote:the guys on hobbs facebook banter site love me because im honest.

everyone stopped postin on here once the gooners got banned.

you should never ban people that get people talking.
    its the watchers that hardly ever post that should not be on here.

The Gooners got banned because they stirred things up on here, always sniping, picking you up on your posts getting Spurs fans at each others throats and anyway Nic wasn't banned he just left when we caught him out.

They dont love you cos your honest, they love you because you moan just like they do and find fault in practically everything, post something good about a player one minute and then forget that and slag the same player off.

Example about your posts on bale

"we sell our best player to madrid. not one madrid player allowed to come to us
    and they sell argubly there best player to our rivals"

before that though

"its like i said about bale being overated
    could bale get in the barcelona team.
    course he couldnt because he cant play that way."

But you posted he was our best player.

That's the problem Lought, you moan so much, you forget what you post.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 14 2013, 23:34

Do not know what you mean by watchers Lought. There are times I pop on here and have a read of the post, if I think I have something constructive to say which is not very often and I would be the first to admit that, then I will, if I do not have anything to say then I think it best I stay out of the topic being disgust instead of posting for the sake of it and looking a prat.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Oct 15 2013, 00:30

Boltjean wrote:Do not know what you mean by watchers Lought. There are times I pop on here and have a read of the post, if I think I have something constructive to say which is not very often and I would be the first to admit that, then I will, if I do not have anything to say then I think it best I stay out of the topic being disgust instead of posting for the sake of it and looking a prat.

And that's just it Len, at least your posts and those of the posters that dont post every 5 minutes, just for the sake of it, make sense and are constructive. Makes you wonder if this is such a bad forum why Lought bothers to post on here.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Oct 15 2013, 02:09

There were 2, as I recall, arsenil posters banned for constantly hijacking Spurs related threads. Nic decided to leave after getting pulled up on his constant waspish behaviour. There are still arsenil fans who are members who could choose to post should they wish. This is a small forum. Almost family like. Some people prefer this, some prefer a larger more active board that is more lively but less personel. You makes ya choice as you see fit . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15 2013, 02:16

i said my piece on bale. i think for that money we was right to sell. but surprised we did not get a madrid player in.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Oct 15 2013, 05:07

I agree Lought. I do wonder if we needed all the players we bought, to many to gel all at once. Perhaps we should have bought two or three which would have made it a bit easier for them to settle. I look at the gooners, they buy Ozil and all of a sudden they look a different side, just one player. Anyway, who am I to judge, I just hope and pray that the signings we made will in time transform our team into title contenders but we will have to be patient.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Oct 15 2013, 05:27

Why are some people going overboard on Ozil? Who have they played so far with him in the team? As soon as someone put pressure on their midfield (West Brom) Ozil was not as effective. Let's see how they look when they play say Cheatski or Citeh when players won't stand off and admire him.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15 2013, 06:12

because they lost 1 game since we beat them 2 1 last season. merstaker and koselny who we all think is crap have only lost 1 game when they played togeather.

we been saying they got worse team now but in truth they had a poor team for the last 2 seasons and now they inproved. ozil is pure class. hes a 100 times better then dembele.

watch when ozil has the ball. he knows when to pass. dembele does not.

the only spurs playerswhos inpressed me so far is holtby paullino and that new defender.

lamela looks good but hes not a winger.
    chadi is not a winger and has not inpressed.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Oct 15 2013, 06:20

Loughtonguy wrote:because they lost 1 game since we beat them 2 1 last season.  merstaker and koselny who we all think is crap have only lost 1 game  when they played togeather.

we been saying they got worse team now but in truth they had a poor team for the last 2 seasons and now they inproved.  ozil is pure class.   hes a 100 times better then dembele.

watch when ozil has the ball.  he knows when to pass. dembele does not.

the only spurs playerswhos inpressed me so far   is holtby  paullino  and that new defender.

lamela looks good but hes not a winger.
    chadi is not a winger  and  has  not inpressed.
    Do you ever read anyone else's posts Lought?

I'm no saying his not a very good player, but they ain't played anyone yet and when Brom roughed up the midfield, he did not look as good. When did I compare him to Dembele? Len posted about Ozil and I directly responded to that, but no, you again use it to slag off a Spurs player, god give me strength.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 02:40