The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB SACKED EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB SACKED EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB SACKED EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB SACKED EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB SACKED EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB SACKED EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB SACKED EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB SACKED EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB SACKED EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB SACKED Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOVELOVEROCKET
vis
MarkA249
7 posters

AVB SACKED

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

AVB SACKED Empty AVB SACKED

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 16 2013, 06:41

BREAKING: Cadena ser are reporting that AVB has been sacked by Spurs #thfc

Cadena Ser, one of Spain's top sports new sites reporting that AVB has been sacked

MIGHT BE CODSWALLOP
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

AVB SACKED Empty Re: AVB SACKED

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 16 2013, 06:58

more are breaking it now and saying we have appointed FABIO CAPELLO might be bs though

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:27

baldini is hes best mate.

another negative manager who was bloody awfull for england
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:35

I'm seeing nothing about this anywhere buy you never know . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:42

it was french and spanish reporting it English press say he meeting with Levy tonight or in the morning
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:52

I think that unless we stuff the Bubble Blowers off the pitch he will be gone after that game . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 16 2013, 08:00

Andre Villas-Boas: Tottenham boss will not quit after Liverpool loss

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas said he would not quit after a 5-0 thrashing by Liverpool at White Hart Lane.

Spurs have won just one of their past six home league games, a run including a 3-0 loss to West Ham, and were beaten 6-0 at Manchester City last month.

Asked if his job was safe, Villas-Boas said: "That decision is not mine.

"I won't resign and I'm not a quitter. The only thing I can do is work hard with the players to try and get the results that we all want."

Villas-Boas, who spent about £105m on new players in the summer but saw Gareth Bale depart for Real Madrid, has guided his team to the League Cup quarter-finals and last 32 of the Europa League.

But he took the blame for their latest defeat, in which Spurs failed to register a shot on target against an impressive Liverpool team who went second in the Premier League.

Tottenham, who had Paulinho sent off in the second half for a high tackle on Luis Suarez, remain seventh, five points behind fourth-placed Manchester City.

"I accept responsibility, and we have to bounce back like we did after Manchester City," Villas-Boas said, referencing the five-game unbeaten run his side enjoyed after losing at Etihad Stadium.

"I don't need to convince anybody, our run is magnificent in other competitions, not in the Premier League.

"The form in the Premier League is not there, but our ambition to win trophies is still the same and our ambition to qualify for the Champions League is still the same."

After City thumped his side on 24 November, the Spurs boss said: "We need to be ashamed of ourselves."

But the 36-year-old Portuguese, who took charge at White Hart Lane in July 2012, was more conciliatory this time, calling Paulinho's sending-off the "killer blow".

"Things didn't go our way in any shape or form," Villas-Boas told BBC Sport. "Liverpool deserve credit for the way they came out strongly. We had difficulty with their pressing in the first half and went two goals down, deservingly because they were on top.

"The way we came back into the game in the second half was our brightest moment, until the sending-off. I think it was harsh, I don't think Paulinho has any intention to hurt Suarez. That was the killer blow for the game.

"It's my responsibility because I put them in the shape and the formation and we hope we are able to put our challenge in the Premier League back on track. The reality is we are not that far off."
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Dec 16 2013, 22:14

AVB FINALLY GONE ITS OFFICAL NOW LET THE SEARCH BEGIN......................

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 16 2013, 22:54

please not capello
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:09

Perhaps you'll all stop moaning now and SUPPORT the team !!!!!!
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:11

be glad just to see some football played the right way at the lane love him or hate avb that football was fucking boring .......................
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:23

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:be glad just to see some football played the right way at the lane love him or hate avb that football was fucking boring .......................

Spot on
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:25

seebee1944 wrote:

Perhaps you'll all stop moaning now and SUPPORT the team  !!!!!!

Oh yes cause men cant do two things at once can they like moan and support a team to hard to do
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:32

You said it
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Tue Dec 17 2013, 05:05

woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo chelski reject woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo 
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Dec 17 2013, 05:48

[quote="Maximus"]woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo chelski reject woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo [/quot

Jesus Max even im not that bad
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:04

Maximus wrote:woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo chelski reject woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo 

Seems like Ion did have a point!
    Max do you really base your judgement on a manger because of his past allegencies? That rules out most of the quality managers Levy may be fortunate enough to employ at some stage in the future. Or is it only "certain clubs" that affect your support of individuals employed by spurs? Sometimes you have to let the past remain in the past to move forwards . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:40

when harry left how much was bale worth.20 miill 30 mill then avb takes over and turns bale into 100 million player
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:41

no i base my dislike of the man  because he is an arrogant little prick, an opinion i formed before he came to spurs as you may recall i said at the time of his appointment that i didn't like him and did not want him at my club......good riddance i say !

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:50

That relationship had started awkwardly with the sale of Luka Modric in the summer of 2012 and the failure to sign Joao Moutinho at the 11th hour as his replacement – after apparently haggling over €500,000 on a €31?million (£26? million) bid – and it rarely improved after that.

Villas-Boas lost Modric one summer, Gareth Bale the next – even if £107? million was spent following the latter’s departure. He had called for evolution; he got revolution.
    Related Articles

Villas-Boas was devastated not to acquire Moutinho and believed that he struggled to get any of the players he wanted signed by Spurs. It is a long and perhaps, at times, unrealistic list but included Oscar, Fernandinho, Willian, Leandro Damiao, Henrik Mkhitaryan, Fabio Coentrao, Hulk and David Villa. The latter was even taken on a tour of Spurs’ impressive new training ground but decided to join Atletico Madrid.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:16

Well his evolution as you put it Lought wasn't happening. If we had been getting better and the players looking comfortable with the tactics and style of play then I would say we were getting somewhere, but we were'nt it was getting worse.

Other new managers have come into their new clubs, changed the style of play with great results. Martinez has turned Everton into a real top 4 possibility the same applies to Rogers and Liverpool in less time than AVB had.

AVB had 17 months, enough time to see that things were working but they were not.

Levy's fault or AVB's? A bit of both in my opinion.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:22

but he only has to sort out our home form.
    we brillant away from home.

i just think if you give a manager 100 mill to spend you should stick by him. not sack him 3 months on
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:28

Maximus wrote:no i base my dislike of the man  because he is an arrogant little prick, an opinion i formed before he came to spurs as you may recall i said at the time of his appointment that i didn't like him and did not want him at my club......good riddance i say !

Fair play Max you have always made your dislike of him obvious. Are you prepared to pin colours on someone new though? I still think your hatred of AVB is a bit misplaced though TBH . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:38

Loughtonguy wrote:but he only has to sort out our home form.
    we brillant away from home.

i just think if you give a manager 100 mill to spend you should stick by him. not sack him 3 months on

Hardly brilliant Lought and you have to agree our form was getting worse not better and I don't think he had the ability to change it. He seemed a lost soul in these last few weeks.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:42

Guys we have to get used to a new style(s) of play one day. Redknapp and his smash & grab style was exciting but got found out. AVB got found out. We really need a manager who can pick a team for a certain game then change the team, if it ain't working, during the game. Basically a manager with a plan A, B & C. That will be Darlin' Daniels challenge should he accept it . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 02:43