The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Club debt . EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Club debt . EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Club debt . EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Club debt . EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Club debt . EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Club debt . EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Club debt . EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Club debt . EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Club debt . EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Club debt . Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Club debt .

Club debt . Empty Club debt .

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 16:27

Did anyone read the sunday mail article on teams in the champions league having to keep their financial houses in order.............otherwise they wont be accepted in the competition.

The new rules are proposed for 2012 and clubs showing a financial loss per year as liverpool, man city and chelsea are will be excluded.........man utd although in debt would have still qualified because they made a profit last year.

Dont know what anyone else thinks but if its true then i reckon its pretty fair on those teams living within their means.

When bates was at chelsea they got into the cl every year in massive debt before abramovitch came along, probably taking the place of another team that had kept within their operating budget, so i quite like the idea, but if these rules were in place for next season and we hang onto fourth, but show a operating loss for the season and get excluded then that would annoy me.........what does anyone else think.?

Club debt . Empty Re: Club debt .

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 17:05

I didn't read it Lew, but football matters off the pitch do my head in.
    I can't quite see how Pompey can be on the brink of going bust over £70m, yet Chelski (for instance) can lose £100m a year for the last 7 years, but no-one says a word? It seems you get punished if you don't have a sugar daddy?
    Would you play monopoly against someone who everytime they were on the brink of losing they just helped themselves to a handful of $500's from the bank?
    No, of course not.
    But for a level playing field to exist, a year on year look at the accounts for a profit is no good either, a club might have 'surplus' players that didn't get transfered in the window type things, giving assets yet not profit to the years figures.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 17:11

The one related article that I did read showed us reducing our debt by about £125 m, - a startling figure in todays recession racked enviroment.
    Not that I particularly agree with this recession lark anyway, things just seem the same to me that they have for the last 10 years or so under a labour government that the south of England didn't vote for.
    Sorry for the early morning diversion Club debt . Icon_smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 06:01