The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
spurslegend
djfitzo
BazSpur
totalytot
HotspurRoper
10 posters

The truth about joe cole.

The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Empty Re: The truth about joe cole.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 05:13

burger777 wrote:pmsl lew love it, u and most of thisboard have been harping on about cole for years and joining tottenham, now that arsenal may be interested, u know longer think hes worth it, i think joe cole could be worth that free transfer if it happens.

Ha ha ha burg ! you think i have written we dont need cole because it looks like he is going to you lot. The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Lol you are a strange lad now arent you ? The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Lol

Personally burg i really dont want us to sign cole , not because i dont rate him its because we have able players in his position, as i have already written " who would you drop for him " ? i certainly wouldnt drop lennon ,modric or bale for him so where would you put him in the spurs side ?

I think you read far more into the post than was intended my friend ! The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:13

Its just Burger on a The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 858412

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:14

its all over the news and newspapers sunday lew that arsenal have been talking to cole then u post about him, thats why i thut it was connected, now u going to try and say it was a random post that just came into your head. lol. strange lad me.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:16

The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 912733 The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 912733 The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 912733

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 06:32

yeah your right baz, me saying that joe cole would be a usefull addition to spurs was a winde up, how silly of me thinking that. i just thut all the trophies he had won and the fact hes probably the most creative ENGLISH player in the country and has bags of experience may have given him the edge, , but i suppose u do have lennon,modric and bale, there play 60 games for ya next season, sorry i wont be so silly again.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 09 2010, 07:42

[quote="burger777"]yeah your right baz, me saying that joe cole would be a usefull addition to spurs was a winde up, how silly of me thinking that. i just thut all the trophies he had won and the fact hes probably the most creative ENGLISH player in the country and has bags of experience may have given him the edge, , but i suppose u do have lennon,modric and bale, there play 60 games for ya next season, sorry i wont be so silly again.

Why ignore my post Burger? Is it because I offer logical reasons for not bringing him in? You seem to want to make this out as a 'We no longer want him because it looks like he's going to the goons' rant when the reality is that everyone on here was saying exactly the same thing before your bunch were even mentioned.

We didn't feel we needed him before the Pikeys were mentioned and nothing has changed since.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 08:13

[quote="ionman34"]
    burger777 wrote:yeah your right baz, me saying that joe cole would be a usefull addition to spurs was a winde up, how silly of me thinking that. i just thut all the trophies he had won and the fact hes probably the most creative ENGLISH player in the country and has bags of experience may have given him the edge, , but i suppose u do have lennon,modric and bale, there play 60 games for ya next season, sorry i wont be so silly again.

Why ignore my post Burger? Is it because I offer logical reasons for not bringing him in? You seem to want to make this out as a 'We no longer want him because it looks like he's going to the goons' rant when the reality is that everyone on here was saying exactly the same thing before your bunch were even mentioned.

We didn't feel we needed him before the Pikeys were mentioned and nothing has changed since.

Very well put Ion. If Burgs took time to read thro' the numerous threads relating to Joe Cole since this boards inception he would see that the majority rate him very highly. As the last season progressed he would also see that posters opinions have been that we have a fine midfield and it would be difficult to find room for him. In the 'hole' is about the only one I can see. And I also think we are repeating ourselves to Burgs to make him realise that we do rate him but would not wish to see team collectiveness in any way changed to incorparate him. My feeling is that 'arry is the manager with the best chance of getting him and if 'arry decides he wants him he will come. As I've always said I would love to see him in a Spurs shirt (apart from all the long standing bets I would win from Chelsea fans who I have been telling for ages that Cole will end up at The Lane he he) . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 08:34

Burger Wrote.
    sorry i wont be so silly again.

I won't hold my breath.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 17:25

burger777 wrote:its all over the news and newspapers sunday lew that arsenal have been talking to cole then u post about him, thats why i thut it was connected, now u going to try and say it was a random post that just came into your head. lol. strange lad me.

Well actually ! YES ! thats exactly the case, i thought along those lines before he was linked to your lot, but it seems harry is going to talk to him so we might end up with him anyway.

Without repeating myself and others on here i just wonder who he would replace , ? unless as some have suggested on here that he would cover for players injured ?

As i said he is one hell of a player but he commands one hell of a wage packet, if we pay him £100,000 plus per week the scenario might happen at spurs what terry and co have done at chelsea, and that is cause other players like cole (in particular ) to want to be on equal terms wage wise, if you pay cole that sort of money then why not lennon,modric or bale ? because these players are just as talented as cole, in my opinion anyway !

The thing is burger if chelsea felt cole was worth keeping they would give him what he wants ! also he does seem like a greedy little so and so considering they have made him an improved deal and had to pay his wages throughout that prolonged injury.

Sorry mate, great player, might even be englands star in the world cup but he aint for me, i like the lads that got us where we are now and i wouldnt want to disrupt the harmony we have at the club at the moment with a greedy sod like cole.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 17:27

BazSpur wrote:Burger Wrote.
    sorry i wont be so silly again.

I won't hold my breath.

The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 Lol its like asking a monkey not to scratch its a*se !

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 18:10

yes there is some silly stuff being posted here, joe cole is a good player but is not needed,required or good enough to get in the spurs squad. thats up there with best of them i think.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 19:13

I think he's even in the spurs squad isn't he burg?
    I mean, just cos he hasn't actually played for them yet doesn't mean he can't be in their squad can it?

LOLOLOL

Lets face it, what's being said here is "nah, we don't want Joe Cole" because it pre - empts the situation when Joe Cole turns round and says "Spurs? You're having a giraffe ain't ya?"

LOLOLOLOL
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 19:59

Who said he wasn't good enough Burger? No one said he isn't good enough. I think as Ion said, in another life yeah he would be just what we are looking for but in this recent incarnation of Spurs I don't think he is needed. Like many have said, where would he play and who would we drop to accommodate him. Just because you lot are wetting yourselves at the prospect he might join The Goners it doesn't mean we should fawn all over him. Now if as reports suggest Arry goes out of his way to get him then all well and good but I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't happen. Too little too late IMO. As I posted before we have a great mid-field now sorry if you don't like to hear that but its the truth.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jun 09 2010, 20:48

cmon guys i know your in dreamland but dont get too ahead of yourselves

A few of us,I thought, had given reasonable explanations as to why we dont need Joe Cole or why he wont come and i can not see anywhere that it has anything to do with Arsenal Burger, your flogging a dead horse here mate.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 08:41

Vis said . . . . . .My feeling is that 'arry is the manager with the best chance of getting him and if 'arry decides he wants him he will come
    This coming out of the meeja today . . . . . . . 1050: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told talkSPORT radio that the club have been in touch with the agent of midfielder Joe Cole, who will leave Chelsea when his contract expires on 1 July.
    Full story: sport.co.uk

Only one manager Cole will listen to. If 'arry don't want him he will talk to others . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 10 2010, 08:57

How about if Arry gets him just so Arsenil can't have him lolol.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jun 10 2010, 17:01

I really think this is going to happen boys........................ http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Tottenham-step-up-chase-for-Joe-Cole-but-Arsenal-insist-they-DON-T-want-former-Chelsea-star-article454597.html

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 17:20

ooops we are statring to want hin now are we, lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jun 10 2010, 17:25

So the goons reckon they're not interested in signing Cole as they have too many 'similar' midfielders.

When they say similar do they mean 5 ft nothing and balding?

Could it be that the goons are now not interested because Harry has publicly proclaimed his interest?

Whaddaya reckon Burger? The truth about joe cole. - Page 2 912733

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 17:36

its all meeja talk ion, i dont get to carried away with any of it, i would be interested what people would say if he did join yids tho, i think a sudden turn of interest would happen dont you, lol i have got my fickle hat on just in case. this is why i was surprised with what people were saying when harry was obviously going to have a go at signing him, but many of yous said he wernt needed or required and even hinted he wouldn get in, thinking that bale,lennon,and modric would be enough to get u thru a hard permier league and a champ league campaign. as for my thuts ion, i wouldn mind a joe type player at arsenal, his experience and abilty would be a GREAT asset to any team, but not at the expense of fab.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jun 10 2010, 19:41

but not at the expense of fab

Fab wants to leave and if Barca REALLY want him, they will get him, Iniesta is having injury probs and Xavi has just extended his contract, looks like Fab and Xavi Barcas new midfield pairing, so with all that money to burn from Fabregas's sale, will it help pay the debt or go into strengthening the team, could be the former as apparently Arsenal has said they have similar players to Cole already, although I cant name them!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jun 10 2010, 22:02

[quote="burger777"]its all meeja talk ion, i dont get to carried away with any of it, i would be interested what people would say if he did join yids tho, i think a sudden turn of interest would happen dont you, lol i have got my fickle hat on just in case.

Like I said previously, I rate Cole and always have. However, I really don't see where he fits in. That's not to say he wouldn't because Redknapp knows far more about managing his players than you, me or any 50 million other people would.
    But I'm a Spurs SUPPORTER. For me this means that I give my backing regardless of whether I understand or not.

I will not be disappointed if Cole comes to Spurs, he's top drawer. I don't see him as being a problem child because he has proven, under Mourinho, that he will knuckle down and graft for a manager that shows faith in him.

You know what, the more I think about it, the more I think that the addition of Cole would be a good thing, if the money is correct. He really is a frightening prospect when running at defenders with the ball at his feet.

Another thought has occured to me. When Judas went to you, the goons broke their wage structure because they didn't have to pay a transfer fee. It may just be that Harry can do a deal where Joe gets a large one off payment up front and then puts his wage in line with the other players. That way no one gets their nose put out of joint over the wages and, I believe, they are not obliged to reveal the extent of the up front payment. This may just be the carrot that lures Cole to us, along with working for Harry again.

this is why i was surprised with what people were saying when harry was obviously going to have a go at signing him, but many of yous said he wernt needed or required and even hinted he wouldn get in, thinking that bale,lennon,and modric would be enough to get u thru a hard permier league and a champ league campaign.

You've missed The Hudd, Palacios and Sandro out there. Fortunately we didn't in our assessments. I think we could off load Jenas and Bentley which would make the Cole deal even sweeter as the reduction in their wages would more than suffice to cover Cole. Joe is a right footer so the loss of Bentley wouldn't be too onerous, particularly as Cole is faster and more talented overall.

as for my thuts ion, i wouldn mind a joe type player at arsenal, his experience and abilty would be a GREAT asset to any team, but not at the expense of fab.

Why at the expense of Flabby? Surely that's just Wenger robbing Peter to pay Paul? I cannot see one good reason why the two couldn't play in the same team together, can you?

I've been racking my brain to figure out who these 'similar' midfielders are and can't come up with a single one. You follow the goons far more than I do, just who are they referring to?

From what I can see, you are in more desperate need of his type of experience than we are as your current experience seems to want to up stumps and leave. There's no doubt that you have a lot of talent there but this talent seems to want to move on far earlier, of late, than they did in bygone years. It's looking likely that Flabby is off whilst Gallas is making noises. If you goons don't start bringing in some names then how long will it be before the likes of Sagna and Clichy et al start feeling it's time to go if they ever want to see a trophy?

I get the feeling that all is not right at the El Bakalaka. Possibly wishful thinking but I don't think so.

Maybe your finances aren't as 'under control' as the board would have you believe?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 10 2010, 22:15

Ion Wrote.

You've missed The Hudd, Palacios and
    Sandro out there

We also have Eidur assuming he is gonna do another season at the Lane Ion.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11 2010, 03:13

u have krakjar as well, i suppose nasri could be compared ion, he has quick feet and goes at players, not as good as cole tho, but i agree i would want cole as well as fab in our midfield, but i think the cole interest has only arose because we may lose fab, like dave says when barca come looking and the fact the boy is spanish it is inevitable he will go, we will get close to 50 mill for him tho, as for the debt ion its very manageable, i dont know excatly what it is but from what i can gather its around 320 mill but we are earning 45/50 mill a year in profit and getting full gates as well, a few years out of the top 4 may change that but at this moment its fine.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Jun 11 2010, 04:29

50 million lol lol lol
    full gates lol lol lol
    what a load of Bollox

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 14:26