The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
spurslegend
djfitzo
BazSpur
totalytot
HotspurRoper
10 posters

The truth about joe cole.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 Empty Re: The truth about joe cole.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 11 2010, 04:49

The debt is manageable. I think you will get closer to 40 than 50 mill for him though.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11 2010, 06:03

Manageable debt is fine. Bit like paying ya rent or mortgage with nowt left over to go to the pub with ! All ya best players leaving tho' ? Lets imagine Spurs without Lennon, Thudd, Bale & Krancky ? Scary thought that. And yet, if 'arry talks to Joe and sez come to The Lane, Joe will come. He wants to be with 'arry again. All the other suitors are wannabes . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:30

Joe Cole, uninjured, is quality, and only a fool would say that he wouldn't be a useful addition to their squad.

Our debt is approx 270 mill, some 35 mill repaid ahead of schedule, which is fixed at preferable rates for the full term. Totally managable even if we miss out on CL 1 out of 4 years.
    We have a 70 mill transfer kitty available, without any fab sale funds. & 30 odd more mill to come in 18 months time with the first lot of social housing released. Pretty much every seat sold at every match.
    Don't you go worrying about our finances lol shame you have to hide yours in caribbean tax havens lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 11 2010, 19:46

Mark2spark wrote:Joe Cole, uninjured, is quality, and only a fool would say that he wouldn't be a useful addition to their squad.

Our debt is approx 270 mill, some 35 mill repaid ahead of schedule, which is fixed at preferable rates for the full term. Totally managable even if we miss out on CL 1 out of 4 years.
    We have a 70 mill transfer kitty available, without any fab sale funds. & 30 odd more mill to come in 18 months time with the first lot of social housing released. Pretty much every seat sold at every match.
    Don't you go worrying about our finances lol shame you have to hide yours in caribbean tax havens lol

If thats the case Mark, why hasnt Wenger strengthened so that you can compete with Manure and Chelski? As everybody got closer to them last season and all three of you lost more games then you normally do, regardless of Manures debt, they will identify why they lost more games then usual and add to their squad, Chelski have just let Joe Cole go, that tells you what kind of player they will be looking at after the world cup. This close season will be big for Wenger and if he keeps thinking he can pull rabbits out of the hat, sure as eggs is eggs, you will fall further behind.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:05

When our intrest in Joe Cole first surfaced months back I have to say I wasnt so keen but now with the possibility of playing a number of Champs League games , I feel a player of his experience can only be good for us ...

He gives us options , with him in the team we can be 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 or even rotate these formations within a game ..
    Harry is noted for his 4-4-2 but now he's on another level and he will have to adapt ... We need to be better in possesion and Cole will help in this ...
    Heres a few examples of what we could be

Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King Ekotto
    Huddlestone
    Lennon Modric Cole Bale
    Striker

Gomes
    Modric Huddlestone Bale
    Cole
    <<< 2 strikers >>>

Gomes
    Modric Huddlestone Cole
    Lennon Striker Bale

Cole can fit in with many formations and this will give us options ....Since a few months back he's looked good and hungry so Ive changed my mind .I'd like to see Harry get him in ....
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:13

ArnieArdiles wrote:When our intrest in Joe Cole first surfaced months back I have to say I wasnt so keen but now with the possibility of playing a number of Champs League games , I feel a player of his experience can only be good for us ...

He gives us options , with him in the team we can be 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 or even rotate these formations within a game ..
    Harry is noted for his 4-4-2 but now he's on another level and he will have to adapt ... We need to be better in possesion and Cole will help in this ...
    Heres a few examples of what we could be

Gomes
    Huddlestone
    Lennon Modric Cole Bale
    Striker

Gomes
    Modric Huddlestone Bale
    Cole
    <<< 2 strikers >>>

Gomes
    Modric Huddlestone Cole
    Lennon Striker Bale

Cole can fit in with many formations and this will give us options ....Since a few months back he's looked good and hungry so Ive changed my mind .I'd like to see Harry get him in ....

I can see where your coming from Arnie, but Lennon when fit will always start and no where in those three teams did you include Kranjar, who had an excellant season for us and theres the rub, thats one player upset and where do we fit either Palacios or Sandro in? It kinda looks like we are revolving our team around a 28 year old with a recent history of injury problems and possibly undoing all the good team spirit engendered during the 2009-2010 campaign.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:28

[quote="djfitzo
    I can see where your coming from Arnie, but Lennon when fit will always start and no where in those three teams did you include Kranjar, who had an excellant season for us and theres the rub, thats one player upset and where do we fit either Palacios or Sandro in? It kinda looks like we are revolving our team around a 28 year old with a recent history of injury problems and possibly undoing all the good team spirit engendered during the 2009-2010 campaign.[/quote]

Dave , I feel the squad needs to be upgraded despite the heroics of the season just gone ... We're in the champs league qualifiers and get past them we're in the group stages ... Cole has past experience of playing under Harry and all the players who've played for Harry elsewhere apart from at the Spurs, have come in and done well ...
    Sandro will have to be eased in and I feel , Niko will get playing time even if Cole joins us ...

Yes Lennon when fit will always start but even he will need to be rested ....Think about it ...When Lennon was out injured Cole wouldve been great for us rather than Bentley deputising ?
    Sell Bentley and get Cole in and we've improved
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:39

BazSpur wrote:Ion Wrote.

You've missed The Hudd, Palacios and
    Sandro out there

We also have Eidur assuming he is gonna do another season at the Lane Ion.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6201460,00.html
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:43

ArnieArdiles wrote:[quote="djfitzo
    I can see where your coming from Arnie, but Lennon when fit will always start and no where in those three teams did you include Kranjar, who had an excellant season for us and theres the rub, thats one player upset and where do we fit either Palacios or Sandro in? It kinda looks like we are revolving our team around a 28 year old with a recent history of injury problems and possibly undoing all the good team spirit engendered during the 2009-2010 campaign.

Dave , I feel the squad needs to be upgraded despite the heroics of the season just gone ... We're in the champs league qualifiers and get past them we're in the group stages ... Cole has past experience of playing under Harry and all the players who've played for Harry elsewhere apart from at the Spurs, have come in and done well ...
    Sandro will have to be eased in and I feel , Niko will get playing time even if Cole joins us ...

Yes Lennon when fit will always start but even he will need to be rested ....Think about it ...When Lennon was out injured Cole wouldve been great for us rather than Bentley deputising ?
    Sell Bentley and get Cole in and we've improved[/quote]

I just worry that (im guessing one of reasons his not being offered a new contract at Chelski is that they would not guarantee a starting berth) the only way we can attract him, in my opinion, is to offer him just that, one of the first on the team sheet and that would be at the expense of who?
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:48

I still do not understand the the reasoning behind the comments I am a spurs supporter so i wont question who they bring in to our winning team even if I dont understand the reason why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with that sort of thinking is it a wonder why the nazi party took control in Germany !!!!!!!!! we must always ask why and voice our doubts!!!!!! and make people in charge accountable for their actions!~ IMO
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:52

[quote="djfitzo
    I just worry that (im guessing one of reasons his not being offered a new contract at Chelski is that they would not guarantee a starting berth) the only way we can attract him, in my opinion, is to offer him just that, one of the first on the team sheet and that would be at the expense of who?[/quote]

If thats the case then I would say, "No Joe, I cannot say you will be in the team week in week out. No player on name alone walks into a Tottenham Hotspur team"..
    He will get games and plenty of playing time as I feel Harry will be looking to play a five man midfield in those big games ...Defoe for me could be the one to suffer most on Coles arrival ...
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jun 11 2010, 23:54

I just worry that (im guessing one of reasons his not being offered a new contract at Chelski is that they would not guarantee a starting berth) the only way we can attract him, in my opinion, is to offer him just that, one of the first on the team sheet and that would be at the expense of who?

If thats the case then I would say, "No Joe, I cannot say you will be in the team week in week out. No player on name alone walks into a Tottenham Hotspur team"..
    He will get games and plenty of playing time as I feel Harry will be looking to play a five man midfield in those big games ...Defoe for me could be the one to suffer most on Coles arrival ...[/quote]

I dunno, didnt they play in the same team togther? might even find out in the world cup
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 12 2010, 02:46

djfitzo wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Ion Wrote.

You've missed The Hudd, Palacios and
    Sandro out there

We also have Eidur assuming he is gonna do another season at the Lane Ion.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6201460,00.html

There we go then DJ and we are trying to accommodate Cole as well?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 12 2010, 03:05

[quote="tressman1"]I still do not understand the the reasoning behind the comments I am a spurs supporter so i wont question who they bring in to our winning team even if I dont understand the reason why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm a Spurs SUPPORTER. For me this means that I give my backing regardless of whether I understand or not.

Clear it up for you Tress? I've questioned the possibility and arrived at a conclusion.
    Whether I agree or not, should any player be appointed then they are deserving of my SUPPORT as they wear the Lillywhite.

with that sort of thinking is it a wonder why the nazi party took control in Germany !!!!!!!!!

Are you serious? That has to be one of the most ridiculous, not to mention insulting, comments I've read on here in donkeys years.
    Do you give any thought to what you write before you write it?

we must always ask why and voice our doubts!!!!!! and make people in charge accountable for their actions!~ IMO

But not before they have the chance to prove themselves right FFS.
    What you have failed to understand is that just because I don't understand a decision it doesn't make it a bad one, just that I don't understand it.
    If I knew more than the likes of Redknapp then I'd be earning millions running a Premiership team. I don't though, I'm a SUPPORTER so I'll support the decisions until they are shown to be bad ones.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12 2010, 03:29

Well i,ve said my bit on the cole situation, but i am glad the thread has been of varied interest to our beloved brethren..................... The truth about joe cole. - Page 3 Lol

He is undoubtably a very good player from what i have seen of him, but i think i would be a little disappointed if he is the big name player harry (alledgedly ) said we are going to sign this summer to push on as a cl team.

If as suggested bentley might be sold then its another option should the likes of lennon get injured again to have cole in the team.

As for questioning who tottenham buy then i have to say i reserve my right to my opinion, had every manager we have had at spurs during the last 30 years bought the right players in at the right time and won things then i would undoubtedbly say nothing about who we sign, as it is ! they havent, some right bloomers have been made, i still wonder why harry bought back chimbonda, only to flog him on again virtually without playing him, then we have the fulop swap for the useless alnwick ! yes while things like that go on i will voice an opinion on the club i have supported for more years than i care to mention.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 12 2010, 04:12

djfitzo wrote:

He will get games and plenty of playing time as I feel Harry will be looking to play a five man midfield in those big games ...Defoe for me could be the one to suffer most on Coles arrival ...

I dunno, didnt they play in the same team togther? might even find out in the world cup[/quote]

Defoe and Cole in the same Spurs team wouldnt be problem ...

Out with... Jenas, Keane, Bentley
    In with ... Eidur , Turan , Cole

I think Pav will be sold thou I hope not and we will get another striker in...Falcao from Deportivo maybe ...

When you include Eidur in all of this the changes in the squad are not numerous and both Cole and Eidur are on frees ...Turan and Falcao would cost around £20m whilst our three player exits as listed above would more than cover that and that's without having to sell Pav..

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12 2010, 04:43

djfitzo wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:Joe Cole, uninjured, is quality, and only a fool would say that he wouldn't be a useful addition to their squad.

If thats the case Mark, why hasnt Wenger strengthened so that you can compete with Manure and Chelski? As everybody got closer to them last season and all three of you lost more games then you normally do, regardless of Manures debt, they will identify why they lost more games then usual and add to their squad, Chelski have just let Joe Cole go, that tells you what kind of player they will be looking at after the world cup. This close season will be big for Wenger and if he keeps thinking he can pull rabbits out of the hat, sure as eggs is eggs, you will fall further behind.
    we finished 3rd this year dave, last year we finished 4th, that aint going backwards mate.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12 2010, 06:47

If thats the case Mark, why hasnt Wenger strengthened so that you can compete with Manure and Chelski?

I wish i knew Dave. It's a constant gripe to me. When he didn't buy in the January window I wrote to him to ask why, and put something similar to 'the french are famous for their onions, I was rather hoping to see yours!'

This close season will be big for Wenger and if he keeps thinking he can pull rabbits out of the hat...

...he'll be mistaken. He knows it as well, hence his end of season summing up news letter. 'You ask about transfers...' "Leave it to me" he said
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sat Jun 12 2010, 14:55

Ion let me clear my comments for you!!!!
    I believe that the supporters of Portsmouth wish they had not blindly followed what their board deemed best for the club now!!! bet they wish they could changed decisions the board made for the club now!!!! Bet they wish they could change all that now!! But Ion waiting until there is a conclusion on items to find out the result is sometimes to late!!!! sometime people power needs to happen before the end results is in, so mistakes maybe avoided if it is deemed unpopular to the masses!!!

The same would be said by supporters of Leeds United, and for Wimbledon!!!! I would go on !!!!
    Bring cole into our side has a big risk involved with players unhappy about his wage demand ect!!!! IMO
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Sat Jun 12 2010, 16:01

PPS
    "the only thing needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do NOTHING"
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 12 2010, 19:02

[quote="tressman1"]Ion let me clear my comments for you!!!!
    I believe that the supporters of Portsmouth wish they had not blindly followed what their board deemed best for the club now!!! bet they wish they could changed decisions the board made for the club now!!!! Bet they wish they could change all that now!! But Ion waiting until there is a conclusion on items to find out the result is sometimes to late!!!! sometime people power needs to happen before the end results is in, so mistakes maybe avoided if it is deemed unpopular to the masses!!!

To take your analogy further, a lot of poor decisions were made by the Romans in order to please the mob or 'masses' as you put it. What it all boils down to is the trust we put in those who make the decisions. To date, I don't think they've made too many mistakes and a number of their decisions, which seemed at first blush to be strange, have worked out well.

I don't advocate blind faith but I do advocate trust. Trust, the same as respect, has to be earned. I believe that the management of our club has earned that trust so I give it freely. Don't get me wrong, I question what I don't understand but the point I was making is that when all is done and dusted and the player in question is signed, I then offer my full support. To do else can only undermine and that is the antithesis of support.

Let me give you a prime example, I was wholey against us signing Crouch when Redknapp went after him. I didn't really rate him at all and thought it was a huge mistake. However, when he was signed he got my backing and, due to his hard work and me seeing far more of him than previously, he won me over. Now I'm not for one minute stating that I believe he should be a starter, what I am saying is that Redknapp bought him for a reason that I didn't understand at first but now do. He really does offer us something different as Harry stated. He brought back Khaboul who has been a revelation, he brought in Krancjar who was superb. In a nutshell the only decision I can see that Redknapp didn't quite get right was his delay in bringing Pav into the first team. Even then I'm not so sure he didn't manage Pav well but we've covered that ground already.

Put it this way, if Redknapp bought Downing, who I detest, I'd be up in arms over the decision ....................... But the guy would get my full backing once he pulled on the Lillywhite because anything else would undermine his play and that is detrimental to Tottenham.

I suppose what it all boils down to is tolerance and belief. The ability to tolerate the mistakes which will inevitably happen and the belief that it will all come good in the fullness of time. Now I expect us to have a much harder season next season. We'll be a target and I expect slips. I do believe that they will just be symptoms of our 'growing pains' and that, once we're over them, we'll be throttling the other three for top spot.

I can't stress enough just how much I believe that, we WILL see a title winning Spurs side if we keep faith. THAT is why the management gets my backing, regardless of whether I agree with or understand their decisions.

You are right to a degree in that management should be held accountable for mistakes, but only if they keep making the same mistakes. Error is a part of growth and is a great teacher, but patience is required from all parties to allow those lessons to be learnt. Surely the debacle with Jol and Ramos taught us that?

The same would be said by supporters of Leeds United, and for Wimbledon!!!! I would go on !!!!
    Bring cole into our side has a big risk involved with players unhappy about his wage demand ect!!!! IMO

But that will depend on the structure of any deal. As I posted previously, if an up front payment is paid to Cole, thus ensuring that his wage is in line with the other top earners at the club, where is the disharmony? The more I consider it the more I like the idea of Cole in a Spurs shirt, if only to put pressure on other players to maintain peak performance

He is quality and has an excellent work ethic. I'm sure Redknapp will ensure that the team remains harmonious, he did it with Pav hey?

I have faith that he will anyway.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 12 2010, 20:37

I think you have to have faith in the players and in management decisions until proven otherwise. There is a rumour and it only a rumour that we will buy Walcott now IF that ever happened Walcott would get my full hearted support. Why? because he is pulling on the shirt. Like Ion I had deep reservations about Crouch but he is a Spurs player and I support him 100%. To do anything else would be folly.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 12 2010, 21:37

[quote="BazSpur"]I think you have to have faith in the players and in management decisions until proven otherwise. There is a rumour and it only a rumour that we will buy Walcott now IF that ever happened Walcott would get my full hearted support. Why? because he is pulling on the shirt. Like Ion I had deep reservations about Crouch but he is a Spurs player and I support him 100%. To do anything else would be folly.

If the rumour is true then I think that Redknapp sees him as something more than a right winger, I think he'll see him as a striking option as he has blistering pace. Quite apart from the 'nose out of joint' blow it would be to the goons, it would also send a message out loud and clear that the wind has most definitely changed in North London.

I wonder if Theo has looked across the road and seen the development of the likes of Lennon, Bale, Dawson and others, under Redknapps tutelage, and has thought to himself that ha stands a better chance of advancing his development under Harry. He certainly seems to have stagnated under 'Man who sucks Lemons'.

If he comes across it will mean him stepping out of the limelight for a bit. Should he have a decent group of advisors around him they may well be counselling that and it may well have a bearing on any decision.

I'll believe it when I see it but I think it's yet another sign of us building a squad for a lasting tilt at the top honours and, with that in mind, I think it would be quite a shrewd move.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jun 12 2010, 21:57

[quote="ionman34"]
    BazSpur wrote:I think you have to have faith in the players and in management decisions until proven otherwise. There is a rumour and it only a rumour that we will buy Walcott now IF that ever happened Walcott would get my full hearted support. Why? because he is pulling on the shirt. Like Ion I had deep reservations about Crouch but he is a Spurs player and I support him 100%. To do anything else would be folly.

If the rumour is true then I think that Redknapp sees him as something more than a right winger, I think he'll see him as a striking option as he has blistering pace. Quite apart from the 'nose out of joint' blow it would be to the goons, it would also send a message out loud and clear that the wind has most definitely changed in North London.

I wonder if Theo has looked across the road and seen the development of the likes of Lennon, Bale, Dawson and others, under Redknapps tutelage, and has thought to himself that ha stands a better chance of advancing his development under Harry. He certainly seems to have stagnated under 'Man who sucks Lemons'.

If he comes across it will mean him stepping out of the limelight for a bit. Should he have a decent group of advisors around him they may well be counselling that and it may well have a bearing on any decision.

I'll believe it when I see it but I think it's yet another sign of us building a squad for a lasting tilt at the top honours and, with that in mind, I think it would be quite a shrewd move.

I cant see it myself , not this season anyway as I think the Goons are looking to offload Rosicky back to Dortmund ....

If what I've heard is true, it's just Harry putting it forward to the Walcotts that he'd be intrested should they be looking at an escape route for their son from the evil that resides at the Emirates....
    Was it Harry that gave Theo Walcott his Southampton debut ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 12 2010, 22:50

Was it Harry that gave Theo Walcott his Southampton
    debut ?

According to Wikipedia it was Harry, Arnie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 22:34