The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Adel Taarabt to join QPR EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Adel Taarabt to join QPR Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Adel Taarabt to join QPR

Adel Taarabt to join QPR Empty Adel Taarabt to join QPR

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 04:36

Tottenham cut their losses and allow Adel Taarabt to join QPR in £1m deal

Tottenham look set to let Morocco international Adel Taarabt leave White Hart Lane for QPR in a deal which could be worth up to £1million.
    Spurs signed Taarabt from Lens in 2007 for £3m but he has failed to make an impact in that time and has played just nine games for the club.
    The 21-year-old, who was once dubbed the 'new Zinedine Zidane', was loaned out to QPR last July and has proved a good signing for the club.
    Adel Taarabt to join QPR Article-1300017-0A91A59A000005DC-430_468x306
    QPR-bound: Morocco midfielder Adel Taarabt (right) is moving from east London to west despite taking part in Spurs recent pre-season trip of the United States
    His move to Loftus Road on a permanent basis should now be completed by the end of week and should be available to face Barnsley when Rangers kick off their new Championship season on Saturday.
    Taarabt will join fellow new signings Paddy Kenny, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill in Neil Warnock's push for promotion to the Premier League.

Dailymail.co.uk

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Adel Taarabt to join QPR Empty Re: Adel Taarabt to join QPR

Post by DJSR Wed Aug 04 2010, 04:40

Its a shame to see him go, but i think his remarks from last Season about wishing he joined the Goonies didnt go down too well. He looked good in pre season. I'm guessing there was another argument in the dressing room, hence to his departure.

Lought wont be a happy man!!
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Wed Aug 04 2010, 05:29

"Moving from 'east' to west london..."

Not sure this reporter knows his ars# from his elbow. Hope it isn't true or i'll have to change my avatar.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 08:09

well you can be sure he will end up at the spammers

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 08:16

Ah c'mon Lought he's a better player than Callum Davenport, don't wish that on him . . . . . . .
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Wed Aug 04 2010, 17:57

We must be able to get more than 1M for him, that must include a percentage of his next transfer? Would rather sell him to Qpr than the hammers.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Aug 04 2010, 23:36

Not one of my favourites I must admit. Glad to see the back of him I thought he was rubbish in the matches in the States and in fact when they took him off the team played like a team and a lot better. He got caught in posession all the time.
    The guy was a legend in his own mind and Loghts of course.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 00:39

I'd look at another loan deal for him. Give him chance to mature as a person & work on his game & team ethic. But if there is any substance in this it must surely mean 'arry has run out of paitence with him. Maybe his histrionics have finally become too much and 'arry wants "shot of" . . . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 00:48

well we was watchin a differnt game in the states. i saw a guy who was passing more, he put 3 through balls in for keane who fluffed them. he can see a pass. and yes he did give the ball away needlessly in middle of the park but who dont,
    how many times does wp and jenas give it away.
    this is why england will never win nuffin. they teach players to be safe and take the skill out of them. they tell players 2 get rid if in own half. The good teams play from the back . Im 100 convicned if he had of gone to arsenal or man u that he would be a star now. How many times last season when we couldnt break a team down and through on crouch for last 20 mins to play wimbledon style when we needed a player like adel
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:58

Lought in the last game they took him off because he was getting caught all the time and falling over and we looked so much better after.
    Anyway we all see different things in certain players that others don't. You like him I don't thats the way football is and why it will always be a great topic of discussion in pubs, at games and anywhere that there are football fans.

Lets see what he does at QPR in a full season.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 10:53

well imagine if ronaldo had come to spurs. he was rubbish in hes first 2 season now look at him.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06 2010, 00:10

Adel Taarabt has completed a permanent move to Championship side QPR.

The Moroccan international midfielder, who spent the whole of last season on loan with Rangers, has moved to Loftus Road for an undisclosed fee and has signed a three year contract.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Aug 06 2010, 02:44

:'( still not on ssn.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Aug 06 2010, 09:10

Have to say i'm wearing my black armband for Lought,,,,,,,,,,, lol Loved your passion for the player mate & the way you defended his corner. That's what supporting teams & the players is all about.

But i never saw what you saw in America Mate,,,,, i saw a greedy player out for himself playing with the ball & slowing down attacks. I saw a player trying to do it all himself with no thought for his team mates.

But good luck to him & i hope you find a new love soon Lought as your extremely loyal to those you choose.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06 2010, 09:55

haha you just describe pointy shouty bloke keane lol he slows our attack down. anyway i though adel played well in 1st game and passed it a lot more. I just hope pav stays
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Aug 06 2010, 11:59

Oh well he's gone....Gutted, but time to back the boys at the club...apart from Keane.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06 2010, 18:58

A rep for the danny rose goal in your posts!!

Please keep it in.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 06 2010, 21:17

Love the avatar Sarf. Have a Rep point mate.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Aug 06 2010, 21:34

Cheers Lads, And Max, the Siggie is going nowhere.
    Very Happy
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sun Aug 08 2010, 11:36

Adel scored today. Sounded like he had decent game too.

There's a Really interesting post match interview with warnock on ssn website, basically saying adel thinks he should be playing for barcelona. Although he thinks he's cocky, he knows he has the talent and could achieve playing for a massive club under his guidance.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 02:02

Just as an aside to your siggy Sarf. Went into Comets yesterday as our fridge/freezer is nearly dead so looking for a new one. Picked one we liked then found a store numpty and tried to barter with him on things like free delivery, removal of old etc. He sez "Gotta speak to my manager", off he goes so, as I normally do, I wanders off to look at telly's. Advertising HDTV and playing on 75% of the screens is Danny Rose wonder goal in glorious high defenition. Waxing lyrical to my good lady about what a magnificent goal, giving it the large one about about glorious Spurs (lol she's raising her eyebrows and muttering "I know" in all the right places) when the numpty reappears and over hears me. "Oh", he sez "Spurs Fan eh"? "Yup", goes I. "Ok" he sez, "Manger said I couldn't do much for ya but as I'm a Spurs fan as well I'll put you on the cheap waiting for a month tarriff for delivery but get it sorted sooner and throw you in a couple of freebie bits to off-set the cost of paying for removal of ya old one" ! "Thanx bruvva Yid" sez I. "What a nice young man" I sez to me good lady, "See it pays to be a Yiddo". "Yes" dear sez she . . . . .. . . .

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 02:15

Eccentric Taarabt delights Warnock

The performance of the weekend in the Championship came from Adel Taarabt, as QPR brushed aside Barnsley with an emphatic 4-0 win at Loftus Road. Despite the scoreline flattering Rangers slightly, there was no doubting the impact the former Tottenham Hotspur man had on the game. He scored one, won a penalty for Heidur Helguson to convert, and terrorized the Tykes defence for 78 minutes while playing in the middle of a three pronged attack behind Helguson.
    After the match, Neil Warnock spoke at length of Taarabt and provided a glimpse into the relationship between the two of them, “Adel thinks he should be playing for Real Madrid and Barcelona, and all the other top clubs. And he's got a chance. I've said to him if he gives me two years, at playing at how I think he can play, then there's every opportunity of him going.”
    Attitude
    The problem Warnock faces is that he holds the registration of a player perfectly capable of tearing apart any defence in the Championship, but his temperament was too much for even the accommodating Harry Redknapp to handle. Warnock faces the task of unearthing some consistency from the player while controlling his dramatic side, “I sat down with him and said to him 'I'll substitute you this year, I will drop you, I will put you on the right wing or left wing, I don't want your shirt taken off and thrown at me, I don't want you stamping up and down, I want you to come and see me on a Monday, because all that will happen.”
    Kebab addict
    It's easy for Warnock to speak candidly and humorlessly with regards to the Moroccan after a performance like this – Warnock later suggested that Taarabt was in the kebab shop on Thursday night – but he also told how he has already approached the subject more seriously with with his players, “As I said to my players. We've got to use Adel and think of all the good things that he does, not the bad things, and we've got to work around that and find a system that can cater for that.”
    If Warnock is able to forge an unlikely relationship with the Moroccan, and integrate him into an effective system, then he will have a player on his hands who could rocket QPR back into the big time. And with Taarabt following in the foot-steps of the likes of Stan Bowles and Trevor Sinclair, he has the ideal flair players to emulate, and a crowd who know real talent when they see it. Judging by their reaction on Saturday they think Taarabt has it.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Aug 11 2010, 02:20

The Kebab Attack!! LOL

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 10:03

oh by the way he was rested tonight as warnock feilded a weaken team

Sponsored content