The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!!

Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! Empty Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!!

Post by Boycey Thu Aug 12 2010, 05:05

If as we are led to believe that Man City wont sell Bellamy to us as we are a top 4 challenger and they dont receive an offer from anyone else ( if we have actually bid for him) and they dont include him in the 25 man squad, then does he have a right to seek some sort of legal case against Man City under European Employment laws for not letting him continue to work so to say? I mean laws have been changed and challenged in the past....Bosman ruling and the rule were a player can buy out his own contract after a certain amount of time!!!!

I think this new 25 ruling could open a new different kind of ruling in the future!!!!!

What does everyone else think?

Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! Empty Re: Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12 2010, 05:44

I think, Boycey, you may be onto something mate. Restriction of trade or some such. LOL I'll leave it to you to do the homework . . . . . .. Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! 99038
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! Empty Re: Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!!

Post by Boycey Thu Aug 12 2010, 05:47

VisionarySound wrote:I think, Boycey, you may be onto something mate. Restriction of trade or some such. LOL I'll leave it to you to do the homework . . . . . .. Just a thought regarding Bellamy !!! 99038

If i could do the homework and figure it all out i would be on alot more money than i am on now!!!! LOL

Going to be so interesting though....LOL

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12 2010, 05:57

LOL mate, me too . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12 2010, 18:53

I see that yet another Man Shity player is being linked to us, Stephen Ireland says that he is putting his move to the Villains on hold to see if Spurs come in for him, whatever next ?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 12 2010, 19:37

It's a touchy one this Boycey. It all depends on the interpretation of 'employment.'

From Citeh's point of view, they are paying him to attend, train and play football. What standard he plays at probably isn't covered by employment law. If Citeh don't give a toss about his feelings or his future then they could well leave him to rot. Dispicable I know but feasible.

Let's not forget that a few of us were advocating leaving Berbatov in the reserves to teach him a lesson, there's not really a lot of difference here apart from the fact that Citeh can afford to do that, we couldn't. They can afford it from a financial perspective at any rate, it may well bite them hard in the long run though, who'd want to play for a club that buys to prevent you playing for anyone else then leaves you to rot because you are surplus?

Bellamy may well have a fight on his hands if he really does want to come to us. Personally, I think he'll just go somewhere else and avoid all the hassle.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12 2010, 21:29

Good post Ion. Well thought . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 12 2010, 21:34

Thank you Vis.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 12 2010, 22:22

ionman Wrote:

Let's not forget that a few of us were
    advocating leaving Berbatov in the reserves to teach him a lesson,
    there's not really a lot of difference here apart from the fact that
    Citeh can afford to do that, we couldn't. They can afford it from a
    financial perspective at any rate, it may well bite them hard in the
    long run

I think there is a difference Ion. The difference as far as I can see is Berbatoss didn't want to play for us because his head had been turned by Manure, that much was clear. Bellamy wants to play for City. He, as far as I know hasn't come out and said "I want to leave City" He obviously knew of our interest in him but he never indicated he wanted to leave. Berbatoss knew of Manures interest and made it plain he no longer wanted to play for us. He never once said he wanted to stay at Spurs.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 12 2010, 23:46

[quote="BazSpur"][b]ionman Wrote:

Let's not forget that a few of us were
    advocating leaving Berbatov in the reserves to teach him a lesson,
    there's not really a lot of difference here apart from the fact that
    Citeh can afford to do that, we couldn't. They can afford it from a
    financial perspective at any rate, it may well bite them hard in the
    long run

I think there is a difference Ion. The difference as far as I can see is Berbatoss didn't want to play for us because his head had been turned by Manure, that much was clear. Bellamy wants to play for City. He, as far as I know hasn't come out and said "I want to leave City" He obviously knew of our interest in him but he never indicated he wanted to leave. Berbatoss knew of Manures interest and made it plain he no longer wanted to play for us. He never once said he wanted to stay at Spurs.

Good point Baz.

I wasn't aware that Bellamy had come out and said that he wanted to play for Citeh, I wasn't aware he'd said anything at all to be honest. All I've heard, wrt Bellamy & Citeh, is that he hadn't spoken to Mancini in Months.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 13 2010, 01:14

Well I think by inference Ion. He said he wasn't going to be included in Mancini's squad of 25 and if that were the case he would "Give up football" Now I don't believe he would but by saying that infers that he wanted to be in Cities 25 man squad. Also, as I said above, he hasn't said he wants to leave City. He said Mancini had blocked Spurs bid for him. Which was not on in his opinion if Mancini was not going to have him as one of the 25.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 15:14