The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Positive - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Positive - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Positive - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Positive - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Positive - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Positive - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Positive - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Positive - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Positive - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Positive - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
HotspurRoper
shearspur
Boycey
DJSR
BazSpur
9 posters

Positive

Positive - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17 2010, 08:07

Who would you bring in Arnie ? £60 - 80M would buy you a hell of a lot of striker . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 17 2010, 08:16

Thats Harrys problem Vis ,,,,,Im just the more money than sense Spurs owner lol

Ive put in my front two in this thread ,,,,Falcao and Dzeko ......But theres others out there I like too....I think our frontline is an area that should we improve on, we can reach those heights we all want ...

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17 2010, 08:21

How about Drogba for a season ? And with the sort of money you're offering we could probably get Torres as well lol . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 17 2010, 08:37

VisionarySound wrote:How about Drogba for a season ? And with the sort of money you're offering we could probably get Torres as well lol . . . . .

mmmmm.....Im trying to be serious here Vis Positive - Page 2 Icon_eek ..Those two are like soiled goods having spent seasons at Chelsea and Pool .... Positive - Page 2 Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 17 2010, 08:55

If you're being serious Arnie then seriously you must know that some strikers just wouldn't leave their current clubs for us. They may love the money but they also want to be assured of having a very good chance of winning something. Do you really think Drogba would leave Chelski for us. You could buy two very good players with 60 mill but then there is the little question of finding their wages mate.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 17 2010, 19:03

The wages are always going to be the biggest problem at most clubs unless you are Citeh or Chelsea. I'm sure Levy or Lewis would go that extra mile to get that top player and find the money to buy him but they would never pay the wages that those two clubs are paying. That's what's stopping us getting them and I don't blame them for not paying those outrageous wages. If we did we would be in the sh*t very quickly.

I'm quite happy at the moment the way we are doing things. Sure I want us to buy some class players and I believe we need them if we are to continue to improve and win things
    but we can only do that if we are solvent and have a reasonably happy club with happy players. Unlike Citeh who are going to have problems half way through the season when some of their "stars" are not playing regularly.

What I would like to know is how many of us would like an Ambrovich or a Sheik your manne to own the club with unlimited resources. I used to think I would but I don't think so anymore as it seems to bring a lot of grief with it. Look at L'Pool and United and the debt they have.

I have never liked the idea of foreigners owning clubs the same way I have never liked them playing in our cricket, rugby or athletics teams.

Old Billy Nick would think the games gone mad.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 17 2010, 19:16

I agree one hundred
    percent with you about not paying the astronomical wages Mikey however, I
    think that will change once we start getting revenue from our new
    stadium. That is where I see the big difference coming, when we are
    packing close to 60.000 in every home game the revenue generated by that
    will be enough to compete with the big paying clubs. The problem then
    of course could be another business man may want to buy the club when
    they see the revenue being generated and that may be when the problems
    will start. I hope not as I would love to see Levy et al continue to
    manage the club.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Aug 17 2010, 21:50

[quote="BazSpur"]If you're being serious Arnie then seriously you must know that some strikers just wouldn't leave their current clubs for us. They may love the money but they also want to be assured of having a very good chance of winning something. Do you really think Drogba would leave Chelski for us. You could buy two very good players with 60 mill but then there is the little question of finding their wages mate.

Baz , do you really believe a player like Drogba or any other top striker for that matter does not believe that if he signed for us he could win trophies ?

What was Nickolas Anelka saying a couple of weeks ago ?

... In the wages to turnover ratio table ( sorry no link ) , Spurs is one of the best in the premeirship, with wages being around 50% of our turnover...Wigan is + 90% !

A couple of weeks back we were talking Joe Cole and £100,000 per week and of late, Parker has been mentioned too , how much would he be on ?

Okay we may not be in for the Kakas and Ronaldos or Messis so Ive mentioend Dzeko and Falcao who'd be affordable if the will was there ...
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Aug 17 2010, 22:55

Baz on the other hand as clubs become more aware of their financial responsibility we could well see wages reduced. As Arnie says there are clubs who's wage to turnover structure can only lead to bankruptcy. Chelsea for instance really only survive because of Abramovich and my belief is that once they win the Champions League (sorry that should be if) he will bugger off. No company can sustain the sort of ratios that football clubs have at present. The well run clubs who have lower wage limits like Spurs and Arsenal will be the ones who survive the current financial crisis the best.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 17 2010, 23:30

Yep, that makes sense Seebee. Lets hope you and Arnie are right mate.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18 2010, 00:10

why do goalies always have the game of there lives aganst us. il tell you why its cause our strikers or greedy. they just want all the glory. take defoe for an example. when hes near the goal he hardly ever passes to the best option he just shoots.

teddy sheringham he was differnt clas because if hes near the goal and could shoot but sees a team mate with a tap in you know he wil pass. defoe wont

and hart made some great saves 1st half but didnt have much to do 2nd half. and if any team looked like scoring in the last 10mins it was city. My point is how many times do u you keepers havin a blinder aganst arsenal but they dont stop tryin and have beleif and keep going trying differnt things and score more late goals then anyone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 01:31