The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup

Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup Empty Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19 2010, 05:17

Jermain Defoe admits having carried groin injury since World Cup

• Defoe was forced off in the second-half of Young Boys defeat
    • Striker determined not to let injury become more serious

David Hytner
    guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 18 August 2010 18.58 BST

Jermain Defoe has admitted to carrying a groin problem since the World Cup finals with England and is determined to manage it better than his Tottenham Hotspur team-mate Aaron Lennon, who suffered a tear to the same area last December and missed almost all of the second half of the season.

Defoe was forced off in the second-half of Tottenham's 3-2 Champions League play-off first-leg defeat to Young Boys of Bern last night, having admitted he "could really feel it as I was sprinting." He collapsed to the ground and was helped off in obvious discomfort, although he later dismissed the substitution as a "precaution".

"I felt a little tweak in my groin during the World Cup," Defoe said. "I have been strengthening it and I just came off as a precaution. Aaron Lennon had the same problem last season and he ripped it. I don't want to miss six or seven months of the season like him. Hopefully, I'll be all right for Stoke on Saturday."

Luka Modric was also forced off, having felt his groin and hamstring towards the end of the first half. He did not reappear for the second period. Like Defoe, the midfielder underwent treatment at the club's training ground today but neither player underwent a scan.

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 22:27