The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
sarflondonar
6 posters

SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS Empty SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 16:47

SPURS were rocked yesterday by the news that star striker Jermain Defoe could be out for up to six weeks after being injured on England duty.

Defoe, 27, suffered ligament damage in the 3-1 victory over Switzerland on Tuesday night.

At first it was thought Defoe – England’s hat-trick hero in the 4-0 Wembley win over Bulgaria on Friday – had not been seriously hurt after he was carried off in Basel.

He said in Switzerland: “I jarred my ankle or my knee but it feels alright.”

But an initial scan yesterday showed the damage was much worse than feared.

It is a huge blow for Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, whose men play their first-ever Champions League match on Tuesday against Werder Bremen.

Redknapp also saw key defender Michael Dawson hit by serious ankle and knee ligament damage after 56 minutes of England’s victory over Bulgaria.

He is expected to be out for eight weeks.

Spurs look set to ask the FA for compensation for the loss of two important players.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS Empty Re: SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 09 2010, 17:34

........Bollox. Harry might now been forced to switch to a 4-5-1, with VDV or Modders playing just behind the foward.

SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS Empty Re: SPURS BLOW AS JERMAIN DEFOE OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 17:36

3meter peter should be fit.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:02

only problem playing crouch potatoe is the tend to revert to the long ball game , which infairness is suited to peter , i'd like to see Pav start upfront for a change , hope he takes his chance if given.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:07

We still have 3 strikers. Its up to them to step up to the plate.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:20

4 strikers baz accourding to the official http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/player_profiles.html Dos santos is a striker

Keane
    Pav
    Crouch
    Santos
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:24

This is Keane's chance Arry only plays Pav and Crouch if desperate plus Keane has got the best movement for passes from VDV and Hudd to get on too
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:26

LOBO wrote:4 strikers baz accourding to the official http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/player_profiles.html Dos santos is a striker

Keane
    Pav
    Crouch
    Santos

I stand corrected Lobs.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09 2010, 18:30

I cant see dos Santos getting much game time this season, except maybe for the Carling cup, which is a pity really,i like the lad.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 09 2010, 21:40

LOBO wrote:4 strikers baz accourding to the official http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/player_profiles.html Dos santos is a striker

Keane
    Pav
    Crouch
    Santos

Four Strikers left but only one natural finisher, Pav... It's a worry
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 09 2010, 22:19

sarflondonar wrote:

Keane
    Pav
    Crouch
    Santos

Four Strikers left but only one natural finisher, Pav... It's a worry

Westbrom away will be a stern test they look a decent team , i can't see Harry playing 451 to be honest he favours 442 all the time, but maybe this time he might have to rethink his options a little and try to swamp the midfield and play 1 up ie Pav , i bet he goes with Pav & Crouch .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Sep 10 2010, 00:12

I'd go with Crouch and Pav, two big strikers up front, will scare most defences! Pav will knock a few in, aswell as crouch, i'm not too concerned to be honest! Then there's always the super subs Keane/Santos, the advantage of having a great squad and they're internationals remember! I'm more concerned about the defence, lets see how Gallas fits in, will be interesting to see what Harry does.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 01:14

Pav it is for me . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:07

well i think defoe and idiot. he new he had weak ankle and needed the op. but he decided to play aganst wigan and for england. the guy is not 18 hes 27 he should of got this sorted after the young boysgame and now hes missing vital games for us...

time for pav and keane. too players that have a football brain
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:26

The op was for his groin Lought not his ankle.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:59

oh right it says on bbc site its for hes ankle. time for pav and keane and save rodney for tues
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Sep 10 2010, 23:29

Defoe damaged his ankle ligaments during England V Swiss game, and has had surgery to his ankle and will be out for 3 months now. But originally he did need surgery to his groin, not good at all, gutted!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 23:37

At the time it looked so inocuois . . . . ..

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 02:19

hes an idiot and harry should of made him have the op during this break. now hes out untill xmas.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 04:49

But Lought, the op before the international was for the groin problem. Also you have to blame Spurs for releasing him. If he was unfit then they should have had him checked by England's medical team and if they goofed it then the fault lies with them . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:06

A lot of posts on here have been saying we have one of the best squads in the Prem. Well it is only one man and 2 with Dawson so now it will show how good we are and if we can compete with the other top 4 sides, who will also have injuries during the season.

If we drop points over the next few weeks then the squad is not strong enough. If we fail to score goals because Defoe is out then we should have bought a striker like I thought we were going to do.

If we leak goals because Dawson is missing then we should have bought a CD which I thought we were going to do.

All this talk about Harry for England lets see what he can do for Spurs now that we need luck and inspiration.
    The arm round the shoulder time is over its now time for straight talkin and the right tactics otherwise we will be 10 or 12 points adrift of the top 4 and out of the champions league.

I worry about tomorrows game at WBA.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:11

totalytot wrote:

A lot of posts on here have been saying we have one of the best squads in the Prem. Well it is only one man and 2 with Dawson so now it will show how good we are and if we can compete with the other top 4 sides, who will also have injuries during the season.

If we drop points over the next few weeks then the squad is not strong enough. If we fail to score goals because Defoe is out then we should have bought a striker like I thought we were going to do.

If we leak goals because Dawson is missing then we should have bought a CD which I thought we were going to do.

All this talk about Harry for England lets see what he can do for Spurs now that we need luck and inspiration.
    The arm round the shoulder time is over its now time for straight talkin and the right tactics otherwise we will be 10 or 12 points adrift of the top 4 and out of the champions league.

I worry about tomorrows game at WBA.

Mikey M

Good post Repped!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:17

You always talk good sense Mikey. Repped from me too.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 07:07

you have every right to worry. west brom away hasnt been a happy hunting ground for us. surley we must win 2mz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 11:35