The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp  next england manager ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp  next england manager ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Redknapp next england manager ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Redknapp  next england manager ? Empty Redknapp next england manager ?

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 10 2010, 17:55

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8985545.stm

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says the England job would be "hard to turn down" should he be approached to replace manager Fabio Capello.Capello confirmed he will quit after Euro 2012 and Redknapp is favourite to succeed the Italian, with Blackburn's Sam Allardyce another likely candidate. "If you're an Englishman it would be hard to turn it down. It's the pinnacle of your career," said Redknapp. "If you've got good players, managing England wouldn't be that difficult." The 63-year-old Spurs boss added: "And we've got good players, so I'm sure somebody out there could do it." However, he stressed: "Honestly, it's not something I sit at home and ever think about. I really don't. "2012? I look at my life and I worry about next week, to be honest."
    Redknapp  next england manager ? O 606: DEBATE
    Harry Redknapp, can't think of anyone else who is decent enough to take this job

Albion Till I Die

Redknapp was backed as a future England manager by West Brom boss Roberto di Matteo, who described him as "the obvious successor" to Capello. "Harry is a great guy, a great manager, a football guy," said Di Matteo, whose team face Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday. "He has done a terrific job at Spurs and is very likeable." Redknapp insisted that any replacement for 64-year-old Capello, who earns £6m a year to manage the national side, must be English. "Why do the English lads waste their time doing their coaching badges and all the rest of the work if they're never going to get the chance to manage at the top level?," asked Redknapp. "I want to see an Englishman get the job - whoever it may be - and there are lots of lads out there who could do that job, I'm sure." Redknapp has steered Tottenham to the Champions League group stage for the first time this season, having joined the White Hart Lane outfit from Portsmouth in October 2008 when the north Londoners were bottom of the Premier League table with only two points. He also hit out at the lack of opportunities available to English coaches. "There are people out there in the lower divisions who could do my job, without a doubt," he stated.
    Redknapp  next england manager ? O I want to see an Englishman get the job - whoever it may be

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp

"John Still at Dagenham and Redbridge could do my job. He understands the game, fantastic on the game. Never gets a chance to manage in the Premier League." Blackburn manager Allardyce, who was interviewed for the England role after Sven-Goran Eriksson's departure in 2006 but overlooked in favour of Steve McClaren, said it was "too soon" to be thinking about applying again. "I don't think past one week, and if I get past one month then I'm very, very lucky," Allardyce reflected. The 55-year-old added to Redknapp's calls for Capello to be replaced by an English coach. "I'd always like to see an Englishman succeed but the politics that are behind it is very, very difficult to overcome sometimes because it depends where you are and what you're doing at that particular time if you're English," continued Allardyce. Capello succeeded McClaren in 2007 but was heavily criticised for the national team's disappointing performance at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa. However, England are joint top of Group G after two Euro 2012 qualifying wins.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Redknapp  next england manager ? Empty Re: Redknapp next england manager ?

Post by sarflondonar Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:02

I wish Harry would stop flirting with the England job, It can only have a negative effect on the team. I wouldn't have thought Levy would be pleased with another story linking his manager with another job.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 21:08

I agree with you Sarf. I am getting fed up with Arry basically hinting he wants the England job. It can't be helping the team. I bet Levy is already weighing up options for a replacement.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:15

we shell see if Redknapp is the man to take us any further, ok he done a great job getting us here, but we have to remember as a manager this is uncharted territory for him also, will we flop time will tell or will we need someone with CL experience to take us on to the next level and keep us there.

if he wants to flirt with the England job by putting himself in the shop window then he should fcuk off now imo
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 22:53

By the way Lobs, I love your emoticon. Have a Rep for it.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 00:57

yep im with you guys. he should shut up about the england job. hes under contract with us. I think it will be bad if he did get the job

you can imagine he would keep the untouchbles. lumpard and gerrard will be playin until they are 40.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 05:02

Question ? How would 'arry react if, say, Thudd or Moddle or Bale kept putting stories in the press about how they would love to play for Barcalona ? If they where to constantly hint that should they come calling they would find it hard to say no ? But in his defence I read an article last week in which he was reported as saying that it is still 2 years away (unless of course Cappello goes sooner) and that he dosen't think that far ahead in terms of job & lifestyle choices . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 05:06

exactley. whats the differnce in bale sayin if man u want him that you cant turn them down
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 13 2010, 05:35

BazSpur wrote:By the way Lobs, I love your emoticon. Have a Rep for it.

Why thankyou kind sir :P
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue Sep 14 2010, 06:52

Loughtonlegend wrote: lumpard and gerrard will be playin until they are 40.

Good point Loughts, he's sort of related to that useless **nt(for england). We'll never see the back of lampard....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 08:34