The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp & the England Job EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp & the England Job EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp & the England Job EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp & the England Job Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Redknapp & the England Job

Redknapp & the England Job Empty Redknapp & the England Job

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 03:20

Once more 'arry is the national press (Sunday Mirror) bigging up him-self as the next England manager. Errrrrrr 'arry don't you think you should be concentrating on the start of the new season ? Maybe getting your lil disagreement with HMRC out the way before you gob off to a "friendly" reporter with hidden messages & agendas ? Do you really think Spurs fans want to read this ? Your Chairman & Squad ? Any poetential new signings ? FFS man learn to keep your loose gob shut and keep thoughts like this to your-self instead of enhancing your already substantial bank account. I would have no problems with you taking the job should it be offered but please keep schtum about it until the FA actually advertise it . . . ..

Redknapp: You would have to be barking mad to be England boss

Published 23:00 06/08/11 By Paul Smith (The Sunday Mirror)

The man who is widely tipped to be the next England manager claims that you would have to be barking mad to take the job.

Tottenham’s Harry Redknapp is so far out in front of his ­nearest rivals that the bookmakers will no longer take bets on his ­appointment when current boss Fabio Capello steps down after Euro 2012.

However, while Redknapp says that he doesn’t waste ­precious time thinking about the job, he admits any manager is on a hiding to nothing once they take the England job.

But take it he would.

And Redknapp says that goes for anyone – even those who publicly declare they’re not interested in the wearing the Three Lions on their chest.

Harry said: “It’s a difficult one.

“You are on a hiding to nothing no matter who you are and what you’ve achieved in the game.

“I think you have to be a bit barking mad to take it, that’s for sure.

“Whoever gets the job is going to get stick. There is no honeymoon period, you have to hit the ground running from day one and keep the momentum going.

“And it’s not just the media who get on your back.

“Everyone has an opinion, right or wrong, when it comes to England.”

Redknapp went on: “You get slaughtered that’s for sure.

“No-one has escaped criticism in the past.

“Fabio Capello got slaughtered after the World Cup last summer and previous ­managers who have taken the job including Steve McClaren, Sven Goran Eriksson have all come in for widespread ­criticism.

“And you can go on and on. Graham Taylor, Glenn Hoddle.. even Bobby Robson got grief!”

Yet despite being widely tipped to secure the job when Capello does stand down, ­Redknapp claims it doesn’t ­occupy his thoughts.

He added: “I certainly don’t sit at home thinking about ­becoming the next England manager, that’s for sure.

“There is always going to be speculation and the situation invariably changes depending on how well your doing at the time.

“At one point Roy Hodgson was nailed on for the job when he was at Fulham. But look how that changed when he had a ­difficult spell at Liverpool.

“I have my hands full with ­Tottenham and I have always maintained how happy I am in the job and that hasn’t changed.”

But Redknapp admits the prospect of being England boss would be hard to reject if the FA eventually come knocking.

He said: “It would be very hard to turn down if you were offered the job.

“It makes me laugh when ­people move swiftly to rule themselves out of contention

“The pressure is enormous.

“England hasn’t won anything since 1966 and there are only two trophies you can win.

“It’s a tall order, but the ­challenge is unbelievable.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/News-England-manager-replacing-Fabio-Capello-needs-to-be-barking-mad-says-Harry-Redknapp-of-Tottenham-Hotspur-article782051.html

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Redknapp & the England Job Empty Re: Redknapp & the England Job

Post by cstmrsking Mon Aug 08 2011, 03:55

Vis,In many ways I agree with you. If, lets say Modric was to say stuff like I would like to play for Chelsea, how would Arry feel about it.

I think, other than his ego, the reason he goes on about wanting to be the next Eng Mgr; is all to do with the current situation with HMRC in the hope that it weakens their resolve to go to hard on him if he is to be the next England Manager.

Arry Shut It!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08 2011, 04:05

I wonder, Kingy, if this is more to with his bank balance ? It dosen't say at the end of the article that his fee was donated to such & such charity as you often see in the press. OK 'arry we all know you covert the England job & I give you respect for that, but as a Spurs fan I don't want to see you saying it in print. It's like an attitude of "It dosen't matter what I acheive or not this season I'm off". Not what I want to think as a fan, nor should I imagine anyone else involved with the club . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Aug 08 2011, 04:33

Vis, i think it is all of the above. Bank balance, ego,Saving his own skin from the tax man.
    Quiet selfish. As its all about him. Little regard to the message it sends out to fans and players.
    I wonder, what, Arry would say If Modders was to ask him, If he would leave Spurs if The England job came up?. Double standards one rule for Arry and another for the Players. He needs to think before he opens his trap.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 08 2011, 06:40

I've said on here a few times that I don't think Harry will get the England job and I think he keeps mentioning it because he feels insecure about it. He is just not their type of man and I bet it goes to a foreigner again.

But Harry must be the most selfish or dumbest manager in the premier if he can't see that keep on talking about it is P*ssing off the Spurs fans.

He really doesn't see the big picture does he? He should be saying I am the Spurs manager and that's the most important thing for me at the moment.

I think if we get a bad start Levy could be looking at a change. But we want Harry to turn it around and start with a bang and let us, the fans see that he is behind the club and not just biding his time.

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 08 2011, 10:32

Totally agree Viz , he should stop acting like hes some kind of godly manager , RedKnapp stfu about the England job .. and stop talking to all in sundarie

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 02:08

wish he stop talking to the press and doing a page in the sun and go out and buy somone.

so he was looking at rossie over the weekend, surley he shouldbeen doing this ages ago

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 18:50