The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gallas EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gallas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gallas EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gallas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gallas EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gallas EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gallas EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gallas EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gallas EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gallas Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
Boycey
LOBO
ionman34
MarkA249
8 posters

Gallas

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Gallas Empty Gallas

Post by MarkA249 Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:04

What sort of reciption did he get hard to tell on tv hope it was good he is yid now its not like we signed one of Arsne best bum boys like Walnut Bender or Judas back
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Gallas Empty Re: Gallas

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:15

Don't know about the reception but if he keeps on playing like that the faithful will warm to him.

We had one or two dicey moments through the 90, you have to expect them regardless of the opposition, but were pretty solid throughout. Gallas and King look to have forged a pretty good understanding in fairly short order.

There was a little bit of a worry toward the end when Billy was limping around, but it looked like it was cramp as he was massaging both calves.

Regardless of what the haters say, he is a good buy and will be invaluable IMO.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:30

did you see the fullmatch , well with about 15 mins to go gallas goes over to the touch line and you can see him say to redknapp the long ball isn't working , redknapp looks at him nods then makes the changes and the rest was history, i like Gallas hes in your face and thats what we need ..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 19 2010, 21:19

Yep, saw that Lobo, although I wasn't aware that that was what was said. It's nice to know that Redknapp is also ready to listen to a player if he has a valid point, experienced heads and all that.

It was also good to see King ushering The Hudd and Bale away when their right back had fouled Bale again.

On the flip side, had it been Utd, Chelsea or the goons, the ref would have been surrounded by bleating players looking to get him sent off and maybe we need to get some of that 'pressurising the ref' mentality in us.

Can't say that I'd be comfortable with that though.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Sep 19 2010, 21:24

ionman34 wrote:
    Don't know about the reception but if he keeps on playing like that the faithful will warm to him.

We had one or two dicey moments through the 90, you have to expect them regardless of the opposition, but were pretty solid throughout. Gallas and King look to have forged a pretty good understanding in fairly short order.

There was a little bit of a worry toward the end when Billy was limping around, but it looked like it was cramp as he was massaging both calves.

Regardless of what the haters say, he is a good buy and will be invaluable IMO.

I totally agree, u cant put a price on his experience,and at 32 he isnt that old and i think he can have a couple of good years left!!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Sep 20 2010, 04:51

He's always had that touch of class at Chelsea and at Arsenal and although he is 32 he's not going to lose that class for a couple of years and he will be a great asset in the dressing room as well as on the field. Where Ledders is not so vocal as a captain Gallas can dish it out to his own players if needed and I think thats exactly what's been missing. He will put a boot in where neccesary and with VDV a tough tackling no nonsense, very skilfull player in midfield it could all start to gell. Maybe just maybe we can start to do a Chelsea and put these lower level clubs......no offence lower level clubs...... away everytime, we have to or we win nothing.

Mikey M
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 04:59

LOBO wrote:did you see the fullmatch , well with about 15 mins to go gallas goes over to the touch line and you can see him say to redknapp the long ball isn't working , redknapp looks at him nods then makes the changes and the rest was history, i like Gallas hes in your fave and thats what we need ..

I saw the same incident, but i thought Harry and Bond looked away when he started giving advice. Either way it shows he aint just here for a pay cheque.
    thfcpete
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by thfcpete Mon Sep 20 2010, 07:07

as long as he tows the line behind king i'll be happy he was pretty solid alright on saturday and with current injury worries he's not a bad man to have, but i'll find it hard to warm to anyone who comes from that other team

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20 2010, 10:49

i like the guy. he used to score so many goals for them lot aswell. and i did see him have a word with harry. i must say i been really inpresed with van dar vart. he tracks back he can see a pass. hes guna be a hit
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 20 2010, 18:24

Gallas just needs to get his fitness levels up.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon Sep 20 2010, 18:36

u
    BazSpur wrote:Gallas just needs to get his fitness levels up.

Agreed baz, once he becomes match fit we'll have someone more than capable of covering King and filling in for Dawson while he's out.

I didn't want him in the summer, but with the injury Dawson has really shown how much we needed him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content