The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gallas. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gallas. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gallas. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gallas. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gallas. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gallas. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gallas. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gallas. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gallas. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gallas. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Gallas.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Gallas. Empty Gallas.

Post by BazSpur Thu May 12 2011, 04:07

"Even if people say 'you had a great season', I don't think so," Gallas told the London Evening Standard.

"To
    get to the quarter-finals of the Champions League at the first attempt
    was amazing for Tottenham but everybody is upset because we got nothing
    at the end.

"When we play against the small teams, maybe - I say
    maybe - we thought we had won before we played, so perhaps that's the
    mistake we made."

He's spot on I think.

Gallas. Empty Re: Gallas.

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 04:11

Sensible lad is Billy . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu May 12 2011, 04:27

Its called Experience, which alot of our squad members dont have, even the up and coming quality players, like Bale, Modric, Lennon, ect. I agree with Gallas 100%, we had the chance and blew it, but lets see what happens in the summer, i dont feel so positive about next Season, we've taken a huge step backwards.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu May 12 2011, 05:30

Bit of a contradiction to our manager's great season we've had, when were Tottenham ( not, we ) last in the CL, waffle...

Harry's PR machine wont be happy with this ...Did we see it in action on Sunday nights Match Of The Day2.... When asked, where has it gone wrong? No accurate facts spewed out, like 2 points in 8 games , no mention of one win in twelve, but a shrug of the shoulders and , "we've been playing fantastic but just drawn a few to many games lately"..

I think today in Harry's office, some stern words will have been ringing in Wills ears lol

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 12 2011, 05:55

I don't see what they can do Arnie. Billy is spot on in my opinion. We should have beaten more of the lower Prem teams and that's a fact.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu May 12 2011, 06:00

I just get a sense from, Arry that he has runout of Ideas and some self motivation. He came to us when we was down, so the only way was up. But now that we have slipped back, Harry has slippled with us and dont appear able to lift himself or the rest of the squad. If he cant lift himself or the rest of the Team, with many in my view that have little experience of what sucssess taste like, failure has become common when the expectation of the last 3 or 4 seasons has been so high and delivered little. if we head into next season with the same set up, I fear no change will come, we will in my view slide. If we dont keep pace with Teams like, Chelsea, Liverpool, Mancity, who have all shown a ruthlessness, with managers (points from 8 Games)and Players. Would those Teams allow themselves to go into next season and expect to push on?

If we are going to continue to pay, ok Money for Ok Players. Then thats fine we will be Ok.

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 06:44

Some of 'arrys statments in the press today . . . .

"The biggest problems in this run where we have fallen out of the top four are that we lost Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart has suddenly become a bit jaded due to the World Cup and not having a pre-season," Redknapp said.

WTF 'arry ? VDV did't join till January and surely you knew his situation ? If he's "jaded" then why not bring him on off the bench . . . ..

"Not too many teams play better than we do. That means a lot to me. I enjoy watching us play. I would rather that than us play awful football and keep lumping the ball.

Then why play Crouchinio ?

There is also a quote, which I'm afraid I cannot find, that says he is satisfied with something like 9 points from 10 games. Really 'arry ? You think our form & results of late have been acceptable ?

Now it is a bit harsh to criticise what 'arry has acheived for us but it is fair to question what has gone wrong at the tail end of this season . . . .

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 06:55

Over the last 8 games we stand 14th in the table with 8 points, based on those games. Below us Barcodes, Brum, Blackburn, Sunderland, Wet Spam & Blackpool. We are only ahead of Barcodes because of our goal difference of -1 being slightly better theirs. If we take an average over the season of a point per game earnt (as in the last eight games) we would be in 16th and in a relegation fight ! ! !
    C'mon 'arry start making the right noises to restore some faith & belief . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu May 12 2011, 06:57

VDV joined us in the summer Vis ...

Last season Bale didnt come through for us till Benny's injury and that was January...

Last season Modric missed a large chunk of it at the start, I think 3 months, when Bowyer knobbled him ...

Last season Lennon was out injured for a three months too..

Last season we got 70 points but to be fair we didnt have CL football to contend with but we did have runs in both domestic cups , which this season we didnt ...

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 07:00

Opps Get

LOL you know what I getting at tho' . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu May 12 2011, 09:07

ArnieArdiles wrote:Bit of a contradiction to our manager's great season we've had, when were Tottenham ( not, we ) last in the CL, waffle...

Harry's PR machine wont be happy with this ...Did we see it in action on Sunday nights Match Of The Day2.... When asked, where has it gone wrong? No accurate facts spewed out, like 2 points in 8 games , no mention of one win in twelve, but a shrug of the shoulders and , "we've been playing fantastic but just drawn a few to many games lately"..

I think today in Harry's office, some stern words will have been ringing in Wills ears lol

The buck stops at harry not the players, he will no doubt be blameless for anything , i think his man management need reviewing , he started well and now he is terrible manager , imo your only as good as your last game , spurs are rubbish and it hurts me to say so, arry is the blame hes a bloody plonka

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 11:18

yea i saw the vdv looking jaded, perfect excuess to bench him not play him whole 90 mins every game.

bale would be great to of given him a rest n play kranker and bring on bale late on runnin at tired defenders get hes experince up

but no he plays them every min until they get injurid again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content