The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The problem with Lennon.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The problem with Lennon.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The problem with Lennon.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The problem with Lennon.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

The problem with Lennon.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The problem with Lennon.  Empty The problem with Lennon.

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 26 2010, 06:40

Friday, 24 September 2010

The Aaron Lennon 'problem'

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed a rather more subdued Aaron Lennon this season than the one we are normally use to. The usually flamboyant winger is currently looking a shadow of our new left sided prodigy in Gareth Bale; so, what has caused such a sudden change in form?

Aaron struggled with injury towards the back-end of last season missing significant games from February to May. This was soon followed by vital remaining games in the Premier League and then a World Cup.

The World Cup hangover saw many of England's usually fine players significantly under-performing for their clubs and Aaron is no exception from this. The player that usually looks to attack the right back looks short of confidence and has noticeably held the ball up much more and prefers giving possession to another player than hug the touch line and attack the opponents goal.

Could this current form be pinned on injury and the World Cup? A player as young as Aaron needs time to rest and a steady progression back into the side. It's still early days in the season and Aaron has years ahead of him. Plus, this could also be just a lack of form that players inevitably suffer from.

So whether Aaron is taking time to find his feet and his confidence again only he knows; but all we can do is continue cheering him on for the mighty Spurs and hope for the best in the coming future. Let's give him all the support the past seasons have warranted.

From Inside N17 The Tottenham Hotspur Fan's View.

The problem with Lennon.  Empty Re: The problem with Lennon.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26 2010, 06:55

i think its a confidence thing. plus he seems unfit. he came on aganst the goons and by extra time he seemed nakerd. i think he should be used as a sub for a bit

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 01:43