The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The final problem. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The final problem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The final problem. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The final problem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The final problem. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The final problem. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The final problem. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The final problem. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The final problem. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The final problem. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

The final problem.

The final problem. Empty The final problem.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 17:47

I really dont know what all the bleating is about at the moment, its been another white knuckle ride of a season for all tottenham fans, the early promise of a cl campaign that saw us reach the last eight, the failure to beat the smaller teams of the prem that has cost us and perhaps hidden in that very fact is the answer to what is being discussed on the main forum at this very moment.

Its no good blaming harry and its no good being protective of harry because at the end of the day it is he and his players that take the blame.

The cl campaign put us in a state of mind and expectation of more through performances in the league which didnt happen, and perhaps many of us should see the facts for themselves ....the failure to beat the smaller sides, but those sides battle away all season for prem survival, so was that missing from our players? the ability to battle when the need cried out for it?

I really dont think man city are better than us, we just didnt accummalate the points they did, so did they battle against those smaller sides to gain the points moreso than our players ? its all debatable i suppose.

For those who really are kidding themselves about certain players, well heres the truth from me in what should occur in the close season.

Gomes has to go, simply because of his blunders that are costing us, remember the man utd debacle...

Pav, as much as the spurs faithful love him, and he has had his chances from harry now............isnt good enough.

Crouch offers options, its another debatable subject i suppose if we should keep him.

Defoe, is a well known predator to defenders now, it happens to all strikers, their methods get so well known to defenders.......?

VDV.now heres a question, why was he allowed to be sold so cheaply, he isnt the superstar many are saying he is on here, he is good but is he what we need at spurs ?

Jenas is useless......sell,sell, sell.

Get king and woodgate off the wage list, start again, no one listened to me when i said we needed another cb early season, i was often slated and told we have 5 already, yes so we did have 5, but only 3 operational, i can see kaboul and dawson spearheading that position, but kaboul is being used as right back etc etc, the cb position needs continuity.

My criticism of harry is that when the goals dried up that he didnt even have a young reserve player to offer us, often these youngsters will come in and bang a few in making it hard to drop the flopping non performers.

I personally wouldnt want harry to leave....end of really, but some players i want to see the back of, they simply arent good enough.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The final problem. Empty Re: The final problem.

Post by BazSpur Mon May 02 2011, 19:11

A lot of truths in that post Lew. I agree the CB problem should have been addressed a long time ago. Woody and Ledders should be pensioned off and we should work to get that position covered for next season. You are right about young players coming through to the first team. One thing I will agree with Lought on is the lack of young players coming into the team. The main problem sems to be we haven't got a reserve team anymore so we loan them out. I think this is a big mistake. Playing friendly games behind closed doors is not the same thing as playing in reserve games home and away. We also knew we had a stirker problem last Summer. Keane wasn't performing and Defoe has had a terrible season and Crouch has also been woeful on the goals front as far as the Prem is concerned. For me above all else that situation must be addressed in the close season if we want to push on. No matter what we think of Harry and no matter who we disagree with on here. I think we all agree we need strikers who will put away chances. Ion identified that problem a few times this season. It wasn't the way we played it was not putting the chances away and that for me more than anything else is what has let us down. We need a striker who is deadly in front of goal.

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 20:46