The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
How much is bale worth ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
How much is bale worth ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
How much is bale worth ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
How much is bale worth ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
How much is bale worth ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
How much is bale worth ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
How much is bale worth ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
How much is bale worth ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
How much is bale worth ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

How much is bale worth ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
cynicsid
ionman34
BazSpur
seebee1944
8 posters

How much is bale worth !

How much is bale worth ! Empty How much is bale worth !

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 03:34

Well in my opinion no one can afford him !

That idiot adrian chiles was trying to say he will be sold last night because everyone has their price.

Chelsea would baulk at £50 mill, man (we are so steeped in football history we exist to win everything)united are skint.

Leaves barce ! lol........stock taking going on there....skint.

Leaves man city ! well if gareth did a berbatov then mug them for £80 mill.

Well if ronaldo was worth so much then so is bale..............he is the best player in the land at the moment...........roy of the rovers stuff and he belongs to spurs.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

How much is bale worth ! Empty Re: How much is bale worth !

Post by seebee1944 Fri Oct 22 2010, 05:31

That business of the commentators keeping on about how much Bale is worth and every manager being aware of him now really p*ssed me off. Really like saying he's too good for Spurs and then first question asked after in his interview... how much has that put on your transfer fee Gareth. What a bloody cheek he plays for Spurs we don't want to sell him why try to turn his head. Then big nose says everyone is for sale. Media really seem to think Spurs are some second rate poor relation club and it's driving me mad.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:07

Yeah i read into the same seebee ! we aint fcking second rate and we aint in fcking debt like those tossers.

We are on the rise again and the prem had better watch out ! fck em all.

We own the best player in the prem at the moment and the rest of em know it !

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:27

But Lew you state that if Citeh come calling then ask for £80M ? Surely the future of our club is immeasureable in financial terms and players should be kept and share that future with us the fans . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:39

Vis i said if bale does a berbatov ! skin them for £80 mill.

I knew about bale when we first got him, i argued with jim and ion about how good the boy is, it would break my heart to see him flogged on for profit.

This boy is the future of spurs, pace and skill ! he has it all, we have to build on players like bale not cash in.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:57

If Bale does a Berbatov stick him in the reserves. He's contracted for another 4 years ! By saying take the money you are saying yup we can't hang onto our star players when the 'big boys' come knocking so stick the money in the bank. Lets sell the whole squad, Moddle £20M; Thudd £12M; Dawson £8M; hey every player has their price and if the price is right come on down ! Lets sell and make a big chunk of the new stadium finances. Nice shiny new edifice but a team of nobodies playin there . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:21

Thats a flight into fantasy land vis, its twisting my words and you know it.

If a player doesnt want to play for you then you get the best out of a bad deal.

Berbatov met ferguson in private without permission from levy, levy had accepted a man city bid in excess of what united offered, but berbatov didnt want to know, we actually got less from united because of player power.

Ok vis so bale does a berbatov ! puts in sh*t performances and meets x manager in private, what the fck can we do but sell the bloke and hope to get in an adequate replacement.

Yeah so stick em in the reserves, make them see out their contract, it means the same thing in the end only elongated over months and months.

Any player, can just play up and go where they like today.

Hopefully gareth knows he is part of the bigger picture at spurs, and we wont have that situation.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 08:41

It's not twisting words Lew it's seeing you post that if a team like Citeh come knocking with enough cash you would say sell. We have most of our players on long contracts and it's time for the attitude to change. For people to say no. Time to stop being a feeder club and realise ambitions. If a player doesn't want to play to for Spurs then I don't want him but I'm now of the opinion that we should say well tough you're not playing for them or us if that's the case. Time to send out the message that we are not a selling club we are a club looking to compete at the highest level with the players we have developed. If we sell at 'the right price' what does that say to other players ? We have no ambition we just want money in the bank . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 22 2010, 09:36

I agree with you Vis but I think Lew was just saying that if a club came in for Bale and it looked like the player was going to go no matter what. Then make sure we get the correct amount for the player. As it happens with the Carrick and Bebatoss sales we got the better side of the deals. We are a better side now than when we had them. I'm not saying we are better because they have gone, it's just the way it has worked out. What it means is players come and go and no player is ever bigger than the Club. Players go and can and will be replaced. Scunball was replaced with King, Defoe effectively replaced berbatoss and The Hudd has replaced carrick. It's the way of it and although we can't see a replacement for Bale I am sure we would get by. However, having said all that I hope to god he is with us for a few seasons yet.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 22 2010, 10:01

You seem to be forgetting one important fact here, Lew & Baz, Citeh refused to sell to us regardless of what we offered for a player they no longer wanted anyway.

Dutch door action I'm afraid. They want Bale, tough sh*t! I wouldn't send him to them if they offered 80 mill along with 2 of their better players.

I'd make it plain to Bale that he is an integral part of our title challenge and that I'd require him to show the same faith in us as we showed in him. Give us at least 2 more years of that contract to see us put in the serious title challenge we will be capable of by keeping the likes of him in the team. I'm sure he'll go for that, he doesn't strike me as the 'Bollox to you lot, I owe you nothing' types.

If we can't deliver then we cash in if he still wants to go. If we do deliver then we can improve his deal and make the decision even harder. If he still wants to go, even if we deliver, then a 2 year contract could see us netting in excess of 40 mill still, particularly if he keeps getting better.

Bale loves to play and obviously has the right attitude, along with the talent. With a 4 year contract we hold all the cards, particularly with our wage cap. If he throws all our investment back in our faces then I believe hard ball is where we go and drop him indefinitely, or at least until he wakes up.

Having said all this, I can't really see him doing the dirty on us. He will definitely be courted by every big name in World Football but I reckon Harry can convince him that his immediate future, at least, is with us. Look how far we've brought him in such a short time, particularly considering how much he struggled early doors.

I believe Bale will see this too and will show the kind of loyalty that we love in our players.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri Oct 22 2010, 11:10

I'd say Bale is about the best we've got right now so no way do I want to loose him, but I have to say the view from the top might be different.

We did pretty good with modric on the left so what if we could pull off somthing like Bale out Torres up front and 10M in the bin??
    Yes we would loose a star but would we be bettter as a team?? I think we might.
    Teams are all about balance and having had 10 years without a decent player on the left we now have two but the goals have started to dry up.
    I can see an argument for making changes although it would be a wrench to loose a player like Bale.
    Better to sell the dross but lets be honest we would have to sell 4 or 5 players to get the same value and that weakens the strength in depth.
    For the record I'm in the keep Bale camp, but long term survival is always the goal.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:17

[quote="cynicsid"]<font color=]I'd say Bale is about the best we've got right now so no way do I want to loose him, but I have to say the view from the top might be different.ont=Comic Sans Ms]We did pretty good with modric on the left so what if we could pull off somthing like Bale out Torres up front and 10M in the bin??
    Yes we would loose a star but would we be bettter as a team?? I think we might.
    Teams are all about balance and having had 10 years without a decent player on the left we now have two but the goals have started to dry up.
    I can see an argument for making changes although it would be a wrench to loose a player like Bale.
    Better to sell the dross but lets be honest we would have to sell 4 or 5 players to get the same value and that weakens the strength in depth.
    For the record I'm in the keep Bale camp, but long term survival is always the goal.

Difficult one isn't it?

But I think we severely weaken ourselves if we sell Bale.

Firstly, it sends a message to the other players about our ambition, or lack thereof. Okay, we may well gain funds for a decent transfer coup but would the type of player we're after want to come when they see us selling off our prized asset(s)? Selling him isn't going to change our wage structure either, which will always be a stumbling block with big name signings.
    Secondly, it strengthens whoever we sell him to, further weakening us. If we put him up for sale, first in the queue would be Citeh, probably offering him a squillion pounds per year with bonuses. Can you imagine Bale bombing down the left against Hutton? Walker, Kaboul or, God forbid, Charlie? He'd murder us! Gives me cold sweats just thinking about it!

Thirdly, what sort of a realistic pricetag could be put on him? 30 mill? 40 mill? 50 mill? He's been noticed but hasn't yet established himself as 'true World Class', not on what is, effectively, one seasons play. Whatever we got for him would not, IMO, cover the cost for a player like Torres and still leave us a wedge in the kitty. In 2 years time maybe, if he carries on the way he's going, then we can look at a Ronaldo sized transfer fee. But not at the moment I'm afraid.

I also believe that him on the left, with Moddle & Thudd in the middle, Lennon on the right and VDV in the hole, gives us great balance with the ability to change formation if required. 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2 are all formations we are capable of with the personnel slotting into them seamlessly.

I don't think we need to sell prized assets to gain the forwards we need. We need to identify them, work a deal, then find buyers for the players they will replace, i.e Keane, Pave/Crouch etc. We also have the CL revenue currently gained, and not spent, to bolster any bid. All within our means and all without robbing Peter to pay Paul.

IMO, keeping Bale is one of the most important decisions that has faced our club in many years. Just look at the effect Rooney has had on Utd. So many speculating on their future buying power should he go, particularly after Ronaldo.

Perception is key, Bale stays and we are perceived as a club with serious title intentions, by current players and prospective ones. Bale goes then current players will start calculating their sell on value, rather than when they will win pots, whilst future players will be like Berbatov, finding a foot in the PL and a stepping stone to greater things.

We want to be the 'Greater Things' and retaining World Class, and potential World Class, players is, therefore, a must.

Two great posts ion. Repped for each and a Rep for Sid too. <font color=]
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Fri Oct 22 2010, 19:00

lewspurs wrote:

Yeah i read into the same seebee ! we aint fcking second rate and we aint in fcking debt like those tossers.

why start a post on how much bales worth then. we should be sending a message out that he aint for sale, not selling him to the biggest bidder.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 22 2010, 21:24

4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2, small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts.

Mmmmmmm, smashing.

lmao lmao lmao

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 22:24

ionman34 wrote: 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2, small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts.

Mmmmmmm, smashing.

How much is bale worth ! 348204 How much is bale worth ! 348204 How much is bale worth ! 348204

Gary Lineker ? Mantle with aplomb ? Isn't it . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 22 2010, 22:31

Bale is Priceless and not for sale

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 22:32

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

why start a post on how much bales worth then. we should be sending a message out that he aint for sale, not selling him to the biggest bidder.

This is my point Yid. As fans we should be saying no way Jose', he ain't for sale for all the tea in China. It amazes me that we say what a great player we have then discuss his possible value as an assest to enrich the coffers. Should Mr Levy stumble across the forum would he not see that Yup we adore him but at the same time flash enough cash and we would meekly accept that, well you can't keep a player who dosen't want to stay ? Errrrrrr on a 4 year contract we can so let's not discuss any player values. If they run down a long contract yet continue to honour their duties to the club then there isn't much that can be done, but we should be telling the World we are Spurs and we are building a squad to challenge. Thats the message the existing players need to hear, any new signings and most of all US, the fans . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:17

This is exactly what the media's intentions are, to put negative thoughts, not only aimed at the Player or the Club itself, but to get the fans worrying, which in the long run can unsettle players indirectly, and that is exactly what is happening. If Gareth's form drops, the fans will straight away think, he wants away! But that may not be the case, it could be just too high expectations of the lad, all players have a drop in form throughout the season. This is the Media's intentions, so becareful!

But my personal thoughts are, Spurs are moving forward and in the right direction, but they are doing this so quickly since the departure of some of our recent top players, its impressive and the players can see this, hence some of their outstanding performances. To me Gareth seems an intelligent person aswell as a footballer, and i wouldnt think he would do the dirty. But there is always that saying that a footballer would want to move to a better club for footballing reasons, and that is the main worry. It is now upto Spurs to show ambition and bring in players on the same level as the players performing to the best of their ability in our current situation. Come January, we need to invest more, even if we drop out of the CL, we have to aim for that 4th spot again.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sat Oct 23 2010, 01:55

ionman34 wrote: 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2, small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts.

Mmmmmmm, smashing.

How much is bale worth ! 348204 How much is bale worth ! 348204 How much is bale worth ! 348204

You forgot 3-7,........ it's a style my lads team likes to play.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 23 2010, 02:17

cynicsid wrote:

Mmmmmmm, smashing.

You forgot 3-7,........ it's a style my lads team likes to play.

Is Ossie their manager?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 05:08

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Supposition only mr yid ! will people stop trying to say i am asking for bale to be flogged ? why would i want our best player sold off ! sheeeesh.

and as far as i am concerned we are sending messages out that he isnt for sale (harry interview itv ) unless i am misunderstanding when he says we are " building a great team here not dismantling it " isnt that sending out messages ?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 05:15

[quote="VisionarySound"][color=orange][b]It's not twisting words Lew it's seeing you post that if a team like Citeh come knocking with enough cash you would say sell.

Thats exactly what i am not saying vis ! i cant believe you of all people can misinterpret the post, so lets go over this again, if bale played up ala berbatov because he couldnt get his own way and was determined to get a move to one of the so called big clubs then you have to milk the deal for all its worth as levy did with berbatov.............let me repeat i dont want bale sold or any other major player we have at spurs, but you do worry about player power and all that it involves, if a player wont perform for you then what do you do ?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Oct 23 2010, 05:44

Well, Bale has said he is flattered by the attention but he still has a lot to learn and he is a Spurs player for the forseeable.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 06:07

[quote="lewspurs"]
    VisionarySound wrote:[color=orange]It's not twisting words Lew it's seeing you post that if a team like Citeh come knocking with enough cash you would say sell.

Thats exactly what i am not saying vis ! i cant believe you of all people can misinterpret the post, so lets go over this again, if bale played up ala berbatov because he couldnt get his own way and was determined to get a move to one of the so called big clubs then you have to milk the deal for all its worth as levy did with berbatov.............let me repeat i dont want bale sold or any other major player we have at spurs, but you do worry about player power and all that it involves, if a player wont perform for you then what do you do ?

[b]Lew my friend you have just answered my posts. Just say no . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 12:56

DJSR wrote:This is exactly what the media's intentions are, to put negative thoughts, not only aimed at the Player or the Club itself, but to get the fans worrying, which in the long run can unsettle players indirectly, and that is exactly what is happening. If Gareth's form drops, the fans will straight away think, he wants away! But that may not be the case, it could be just too high expectations of the lad, all players have a drop in form throughout the season. This is the Media's intentions, so becareful!

But my personal thoughts are, Spurs are moving forward and in the right direction, but they are doing this so quickly since the departure of some of our recent top players, its impressive and the players can see this, hence some of their outstanding performances. To me Gareth seems an intelligent person aswell as a footballer, and i wouldnt think he would do the dirty. But there is always that saying that a footballer would want to move to a better club for footballing reasons, and that is the main worry. It is now upto Spurs to show ambition and bring in players on the same level as the players performing to the best of their ability in our current situation. Come January, we need to invest more, even if we drop out of the CL, we have to aim for that 4th spot again.

Great post dj, deserves a rep because its a definate that we need to srengthen certain positions and that part of your post is so true.

Obvious weaknesses imo is the right back slot, and harry has to unearth a centre back somewhere because we cant go on with king doing his groin so often ! along with his permanent knee problem.

Apart from that we need a goal poacher, keane isnt really in the mix and he needs a new challenge now as far as i am concerned, but who ?

I am happy with the rest of the team, great midfielders etc etc, just needs tweaking here and there with a few positions being upgraded with better players as previously mentioned......we aint that far away from being fcking awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 06:47