The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
ionman34
6 posters

Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot?

Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? Empty Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 23:54

by MATTHEW HARRIS on AUGUST 12, 2011
    http://www.tottenhamblog.com

With reports coming through suggesting that Spurs have been quoted a fee in the region of £31m for Fernando Llorente, could Harry Redknapp follow the lead of other premiership managers and take a look at free agent David Trezeguet?

The 33-year old French international is available on a free following his departure from relegated Spanish side Hercules in the summer after scoring 12 goals in 31 appearances in La Liga. He is best known for his time at Juventus where he played for 10 years and throughout his club and international career, the player has averaged around a goal every other game.

Naturally his wage demands are going to be high, but that hasn’t put Swansea and Aston Villa off and outside of the Premiership, Trezeguet is attracting interest from all over Europe.

It’s a long shot at best but during this transfer window, Spurs have been linked to worse players than David Trezeguet.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? Empty Re: Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot?

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 13 2011, 00:05

Never really been that big a fan of Trezeguet to be honest. However, h may serve as a stop gap.

The question I'd ask though is that if he is still a potent striker, why is he now a free agent?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot? Empty Re: Is free agent Trezeguet worth a shot?

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 13 2011, 02:06

Harry has a way of getting the best out of aging players though, so it may be worth a punt.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 07:00

im with ion on this one, def give this one a miss if i was harry
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:26

can he take penaltys, ours cant. might be worth it just for that, lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:12

No far king way would i buy Trezeguet. sorry but this guy is washed up and nearly 34 for christ sakes lol
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:31

Hmm Wonder why he on a free. It must have been the Q for his Signature. Not.
    If he was worth a punt he would have been on Our Radar along with every other striker we have been linked with. All except Him. Its a No from me. Arry if ya listening!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:40

Of course he's listening Kingy. He readsall the posts on here Wink
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Aug 13 2011, 10:11

I never rated the guy when he was a lot younger than he is now.I've seen him miss a lot of goals for France and in Italy. He was always an over rated player and if he came to us that would be pure desperation because we can't sign anyone.....that's if they really want to.

We moan about our strikers but he would be 5th choice at best for us, although Harry would probably play him every week because he brought him in.

If Trezeguet is the best we can do then it would show that Levy and Harry have no ambition and it would be back to middle table.

It would depress me no end if he came to WHL because I would wonder where our team is going after such expectations. So I refuse to believe it.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 08:02