The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
djfitzo
cstmrsking
spurslegend
seebee1944
shearspur
cynicsid
LOBO
11 posters

Just had a terrible thought

Poll

stay or go

[ 8 ]
    Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Bar_left89%Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Bar_right [89%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Bar_left11%Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Bar_right [11%] 

Total Votes: 9
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 Empty Re: Just had a terrible thought

Post by cynicsid Sat Nov 20 2010, 21:08

VisionarySound wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Sid you make a compelling case in favour of any move and your points are extremley well thought out & prsented. Yet . . . . . .
    I would hate to see the club move to East London. I'm Kent locked but I don't go to games as I cannot justify the expense of a game coming out of the family budget so any move would not affect me in terms of travelling as the cost would remain relatively the same. I'm just against the loss of history, heritage, roots & general identity of the club. To me it is a form of franchising. How could we remain Tottenham Hotspurs ? Would we end up being Stratford Hotspurs ?
    This issue is a real 'hot potato' but it needs, as you so rightly point out, level headed thinking & reaction . . . .
    Well, think about this, 70,000 seat stadium running at 95% capacity for most games. thats 3,500 empty seats. Now dont tell me if Spurs were offering £5.00 seats the day before a match you wouldnt be tempted. Or better still. right now Spurs hand out free tickets to schools local to Tottenham. I've benifitted from this a few times. what if you can get them for pre season matches as far away as Kent??

M25 M11. 25 Minuets from Dartford tunnel? EH?, EH? lol
    I think your exactly the type of fan Levy has in mind.
    How many fans that dont take the family now, would start to take them if they can get better prices on the seats?
    What about concerts in the stadium, Naming rights for the stadium and any amount of the surrounding areas in our controll. European finals & world cup matches. All good stuff.
    No Spurs fan wants to move, not one of us. but what if the choice was top tier football or not? Many clubs have done the big outlay thing and lost out.
    We will always be Tottenham Hotspur because it's where we are from, same as the goons will always be woolwich wanderers. And who saise we will leave altogether, we could own the land and sell off on lease and therefore always be part of Tottenham.

Sid do you really think Franchise FC will sell seats to me & my family for a fiver a go ? Yes I do mate, If we dont sell out they will sell at cut prices, thats a fact of life. they do it now, they hand out free tickets now, warm up games league cup games etc. so why would they not, to ensure a full stadium? granted if its sold out they wont, nor should they
    Nope, they'd rather see them empty or sell them to the corporate cocksuckers who pretend to support football these days. Some people are making a case for becoming nomads and becoming no different to "fly emirates fc". Point of order, we are & will still be different, for a start we will be pround of our history and not deny it. the difference will be some thing we have been denied for many years. a level playing field.
    Your points are well thought out Sid and carry the weight of seasoned judgement . . . . . . . YET . . . .
    Do you really want the move ? No i dont

Would it truely sit comfertable with you ? No It wont
    How much money would we really save ? Lot's.........actually lots & lots. I can see a saving of some £450,000,000.00 why? because the cost of building a stadium is virtually all in the planning consent land aqusition and preperation work, this is all done over there. We could knock down the athletics circus and build a larger version of our own design for under £200,000,000.00 and make it all back developing the old site. We could even make a profit out of the deal. (would we get to keep it is another question)
    Is a few bob in the bank worth the price of your teams soul ? Is it our soul we are selling or are we finally standing up to the soul destroying way we have been extorted over the years?

Would we have a team to challenge for honours or would we have nothing but a team of mercenaries who have no idea of the the proud history of Tottenham Hotspurs Football Club ? Whatever the financial benefits for me the moral, yes moral, benefits would just not weigh up . . . . .

[size=18]Do we have a team of players with Spurs tattooed on their hearts now? Will we have in five years if we are still in tottenham and skint? Do we want to end up looking like westha....wess... spa... I cant even say it, looking for a hand out? Where's the pride in that?

Let me ask you, If it happened, if it boosted the fortunes of the club, if we ended up with another glory spell, would you really care??[/size]
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Nov 20 2010, 21:13

cynicsid wrote:

Well like it or not the team that has been prepared to move (4 times) and change it's name (4 times) has always had the edge over us in terms of developement and unsurprisingly acheivement.
    By far the majority of visiting Spurs fans come form far and wide and I wonder just how many more would come if they knew it would be an easier trip.

Stratford is open to all of Essex,Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk & London and would be one of the best stadium set ups in the world if it's done right.

tough call.[/size]

Thats true and a good point cid, i used to work in blackwall tate & lyle sugar refinary , stratford was just a short trip through the tunnel right turn and i was in stratford , from my house in kent i can get to stratford more or less hassel free in 50 mins and thats taking it easy. to WHL and then to find a decent parking space about 2 hours
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Nov 21 2010, 19:34

Thats true and a good point cid, i used to work in blackwall tate & lyle sugar refinary , stratford was just a short trip through the tunnel right turn and i was in stratford , from my house in kent i can get to stratford more or less hassel free in 50 mins and thats taking it easy. to WHL and then to find a decent parking space about 2 hours

Parking space Lobo!! with the restrictions on match day, you have to park nearly on the North Circular!!

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 22 2010, 01:02

come off it, i park just off the great cambridge rd its about a 15 min walk to the ground. i think some of you think you can turn up 30 mins before kick off get a space in park lane and amble in to your seat.its a football match with 36000 people there. get there early, park up, have something to eat , have a pint wander to the ground and have a great time.youll want padded seats and a quilt for your legs next
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 22 2010, 01:13

Another Rep.Shear
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Nov 22 2010, 01:16

Another Rep.Shear
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 22 2010, 02:23

cheers baz
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 23 2010, 02:17

shearspur wrote:come off it, i park just off the great cambridge rd its about a 15 min walk to the ground. i think some of you think you can turn up 30 mins before kick off get a space in park lane and amble in to your seat.its a football match with 36000 people there. get there early, park up, have something to eat , have a pint wander to the ground and have a great time.youll want padded seats and a quilt for your legs next

Top post Shear matey ....Honestly I dont want to sound like a grandad here but these people with their want it all , want it now attitudes really grate me ...

There was a time when me and my mates would walk the three miles from Crouch End to get to the Lane and all because we didnt have enough money for the bus fare and a matchday programme !

Todays mentality is ..Want to park up the 4W Drive bought on credit, outside the ground at 2.50pm and then stroll in ..

All this dissing Tottenham the area , well yeah its not my most favourite place on the planet but then it wasnt thirty years back either!

Legends post about restaraunts and good boozers , cracks me up ....Perhaps a Warner Complex nearby too so we can take in the latest Harry Potter movie or maybe a Ten Pin bowling alley ?

Like, whatever happend to popping in to The Bill Nick pub on the Northumberland Park road ? ...Then grab a meat pie or a hot dog and a cuppa from the burger stand on the Park Lane , Worcester Road corner ? ....

Is it any wonder the working mans game is nowadays beyond the working mans reach , with thinking like this?

So we want to compete , dominate the world of football ....?

I say becareful what you wish for ...

Build the new stadium and buid it big , 200,000 seats should do it at £5 a go ...yeah okay Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 585925

Once the suits have severed our link to our ancestral home WHL everything else is game too!

Wave goodbye to our history , Arthur Rowe , Alf Ramsey , Bill Nicholson , Danny Blanchflower , Jimmy Greaves and all the rest , its a whole new ball game from here on in ...

Stratford Hotspur ,,,,,,,,, nope .....

How about a future merger with the Hammers ...Hammer Hotspur FC? .... possible but erm no thanks ....

The Hotspur Gunners? Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 50289 Just had a terrible thought - Page 2 1390

You really believe we will forever be known as Tottenham Hotspur FC once we leave Tottenham and have our home ground in Stratford with all its travel advantages ?

The suits will have their London United FC with red shirts most likely , who said never red ?

Joe Lewis our current custodian is a tennis and golf fan and has been to one game since his takeover of our club ...Says it all really ...

Like I said , becareful what you wish for .....
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Nov 23 2010, 02:37

200.000 seater stadium @ 5£ a pop sounds good to me.lol Arnie you vision know's no bounds.lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 23 2010, 02:47

Lol Kingy .....and I got an apartment for sale in Birmingham with a seafront view Smile

They think they're gonna get unsold seats for a fiver , like all the other clubs do it ? Evil or Very Mad
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Nov 23 2010, 02:56

have another rep for that Arnie, quality postage! Thats 2 reps you got from me today! Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 23 2010, 03:30

REP for Arnie and Kingy. The Birmingham bit made me laugh.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Nov 23 2010, 07:58

Arnie, i Love the new Avatar. Reminds me of the Grane Hill Record, "just Sy No!" Anybody remeber it, Zamo and the gang.

ps. Apartment with seaview in Birmingham. lol. You'll having a bidding war starting.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Nov 23 2010, 08:00

Arnie, i Love the new Avatar. Reminds me of the Grange Hill Record, "just Say No!" Anybody remember it, Zamo and the gang.

ps. Apartment with seaview in Birmingham. lol. You'll having a bidding war starting.

have another reppoint, i love the retort.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 08:02

Arnie your avatar has just got a rep from me . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 08:11

To all the people who say Spurs should move . . . . . . .
    Give up ya bragging right's 'cos you want OUR club to be the same as the Sarf London nomads! ! ! Het leys all become MK Dons and embrace franchise football. Here's an idea, if England get's the World Cup in 2018 let's think about moving to Bristol and the lovely new purpose built 60,000 seat stadium they will be building. Whats the problem ? It ain't Tottenham and there may be profit to be had. If Bristol don't get it let's invade Plymouth. Or why don't we just sell or soul and move to Milton Keynes and hope for a new national stadium that seats 80,000+ people. Easy to get to is Milton Keynes. Great transport links. Do I sound a bit bitter ? Sorry but I just hate the thought of my club becoming an ittinerent migrant and looking for the easy pay-day . . . . . .
    bwoodspursluva
    bwoodspursluva
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by bwoodspursluva Wed Nov 24 2010, 01:41

TO ALL THE GUYS WHO HAVE SAID THE AREA AROUND WHL IS A SH*THOLE ARE RIGHT BUT ISN'T THE WHOLE IDEA OF REDEVELOPING THE GROUND TO MAKE THE WHOLE PLACE A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE AND BE.WITH THAT WILL COME BETTER AMENETIES,BARS AND RESTAURANTS.I WOULD HATE FOR US TO MOVE OUT OF THE AREA,IT WONT BE THE SAME.IF THE GOONS CAN STAY WITHIN THE HIGHBURY AREA THEN SURLY WE CAN STAY IN N17
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 24 2010, 01:45

Repped Brian. Good reply.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 24 2010, 02:35

djfitzo wrote:Thats true and a good point cid, i used to work in blackwall tate & lyle sugar refinary , stratford was just a short trip through the tunnel right turn and i was in stratford , from my house in kent i can get to stratford more or less hassel free in 50 mins and thats taking it easy. to WHL and then to find a decent parking space about 2 hours

Parking space Lobo!! with the restrictions on match day, you have to park nearly on the North Circular!!

I know a couple of places but still 10 mins walk to the stadium
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 24 2010, 03:11

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Thats true and a good point cid, i used to work in blackwall tate & lyle sugar refinary , stratford was just a short trip through the tunnel right turn and i was in stratford , from my house in kent i can get to stratford more or less hassel free in 50 mins and thats taking it easy. to WHL and then to find a decent parking space about 2 hours

I know a couple of places but still 10 mins walk to the stadium

I here what everybodys saying, im just worried that the rail companies and all will back track on upgrading Seven Sisters and White Hart Lane and the surrounding areas. To be honest, outside the Shamerites is still the same crap hole and the Arsenal station is no bigger, you just get ripped off more inside.

But coming from Shoebury, it takes me a good 2 hours there and nearer 2 half to 3 to get home by train, I never leave early to beat the rush, cos I dont want to miss a single minute, I like a couple of beers, so i rarely drive there, so if they keep their word and upgrade the rail network, i'd love us to stay where we are, just dont trust em.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 24 2010, 05:45

bwoodspurs, makes the case clear for me. If the Goons can manage to stay then we need to make sure we dont vacate and hand London over to them.

the,i's have the vote.

bwood, have another rep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 07:15