The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ex spurs players that slipped through the net EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ex spurs players that slipped through the net Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
shearspur
djfitzo
LOBO
7 posters

ex spurs players that slipped through the net

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

ex spurs players that slipped through the net Empty ex spurs players that slipped through the net

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 22 2010, 21:36

A while back we had this discussion about former players that were loaned out by the club only to be sold in the long run

one ex spurs player in particular we sold was a massive massive mistake by the club.

Abdel Taraabt cheers

some of you said he just wasn't good enough for us , well i truly believe he was good enough but was not given the chance to shine , he did get the odd cameo roll but was never really a key player in the team, the reason none of us will never know, to say he wasn't good enough for us was ridiculous to say because since he was sold to QPR he has gone on to become a there best player with 8 unbelievable goals ' hes now gone on to captain the team who are top of the championship.

check out Taraabt goals from this weekend , we don't have anyone in our current team that could better this IMO http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9214015.stm YOU REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THESE GOALS

So the question is why did we lose such a talented player that wasn't good enough for us yet has gone on to prove us wrong , i reckon sooner or later one of the big four will come knocking at his door he is an exceptional player imo, how did he slip through the net ?

Last edited by LOBO on Mon Nov 22 2010, 21:42; edited 1 time in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

ex spurs players that slipped through the net Empty Re: ex spurs players that slipped through the net

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 22 2010, 21:40

LOBO wrote:A while back we had this discussion about former players that were loaned out by the club only to be sold in the long run

one ex spurs player in particular we sold was a massive massive mistake by the club.

Abdel Taraabt cheers

some of you said he just wasn't good enough for us , well i truly believe he was good enough but was not given the chance to shine , he did get the odd cameo roll but was never really a key player in the team, the reason none of us will never know, to say he wasn't good enough for us was ridiculous to say because since he was sold to QPR he has gone on to become a there best player with 8 unbelievable goals ' hes now gone on to captain the team who are top of the championship.

check out Taraabt goals from this weekend , we don't have anyone in our current team that could better this IMO http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9214015.stm

So the question is why did we lose such a talented player that wasn't good enough for us yet has gone on to prove us wrong , how did he slip through the net ?

Lobo, ive had this with Lought, if he was that good, why didnt another prem team come in for him when he became availale, do you honestly think he would get the space he enjoys in the fizzy pop, in the prem?

Like I said harry used to see him every day in training and its not just about ability, but personalities, we have a strong happy camp, perhaps young Adel is not a team player?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

ex spurs players that slipped through the net Empty Re: ex spurs players that slipped through the net

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 22 2010, 21:47

djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:A while back we had this discussion about former players that were loaned out by the club only to be sold in the long run

Abdel Taraabt cheers

check out Taraabt goals from this weekend , we don't have anyone in our current team that could better this IMO http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9214015.stm

So the question is why did we lose such a talented player that wasn't good enough for us yet has gone on to prove us wrong , how did he slip through the net ?

Lobo, ive had this with Lought, if he was that good, why didnt another prem team come in for him when he became availale, do you honestly think he would get the space he enjoys in the fizzy pop, in the prem?

Like I said harry used to see him every day in training and its not just about ability, but personalities, we have a strong happy camp, perhaps young Adel is not a team player?

i disagree , the championship isn't a weak league by any stretch of the imagination , i just think he wasn't favored over other players like jenas for example, i think this one could come back to haunt us because at QPR he has been given a chance to play week in week out which he never got at spurs not even close , but now at QPR he has matured and become an important part of the team, i can see him in a chelsea side in a year or two i really can he is so so talented
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 22 2010, 22:31

i think he was a good player to have on the bench for us while he perfected his talent, trouble is he wasnt happy with that and got to big for his boots going in the press mouthing off "why wasnt he playing","should have signed for arsenal" etc. theres plenty of players who have had to wait for their chance of a run in the side over the years and just kept quiet about it. two at the moment are bale and hutton, just got on with it not whinging to the papers and now look at them both regulars in a team thats just stuffed adels arsenal.good player but bad attitude imo
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Nov 22 2010, 23:04

We will see next season if Adel is good enough QPR will come up this year. And as for the championship Giovani great on loan at Ipswich but found it hard at Prem Level
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 22 2010, 23:05

This sums him up nicely

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8149941/Adel-Taarabt-given-free-rein-to-create-and-infuriate-at-QPR.html

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 23:37

Lobo ! lought has been shouting the praises of adel for ages now, he is excelling in another division that includes teams that yo yo up and down from the prem year in year out simply because they dont have the players to keep them there, some stay a couple of seasons ! some dont! qpr are doing well but also their defence must also come in for some praise and that also includes a spurs loanee.......kyle walker ! i dont see him getting much posting space on here, taarabt is only being mentioned because lought thinks the sub shines out from his proverbial, and keeps bringing him up now and again.

Barnard also excelled at southend united a couple of seasons back, as did devitte, both are now gone and the club was proved right because what do you hear about them now ? They have found their true playing level.

There is no doubt that taarabt can improve but he has found his level in the championship, and good luck to him, o,hara, jenas,and a lot of tottenham fringe players would also be stars at that level,bentley might also be rediscovered. lol!

What i saw of taarabt was a lone star, wanting to do it all on his own, and warnock has fashioned a team to play round his idiosyncrasies, thats a great result for a player and obviously he is held in high esteem at rangers.

Not for me lobo ! he would always be another fringe player at spurs added to the fact that his ego would always let him down, the manager decides when a player is worth a place, the player doesnt decide when or that he should be playing, he moaned and we got rid of him..............goodbye and goodnight adel.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 04:09

how can people say hes found hes level. dont compare gio to adel because gio wasnt gettin the rave reviews adels gettin. in fact when he went on loan to glastasry they thought hes brother was better.

In the prem if you get in front in a game then the game opens up. thats when players like adel and bale have space to do stuff.

you cant coach skill and thats what adel has.
    i wonder if gazza would get in the spurs team as he hardly passed

the only bad thing about adel is he trys to do to much sumtimes and thats what ronaldo was like in hes 1st 2 seasons.

and dont give me that rubbish that harry must think hes not that good cos harry didnt think bale was any good and was about to send bale on loan until ekotto got injurid
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 23 2010, 04:46

Whether we agree on the player or not , we surely must agree its stupid to buy him for £3million and to then sell him for £600,000 rising to a million if QPR get promoted ?

I'm sure we would've seen a better return on our initial outlay , even after factoring in his wages, had we made him a squad player and occasionaly used him as Lought says when games open up ?

I think so ...
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 23 2010, 05:55

i remember when we played westham away in the famous 4 - 3 win Taraabt was a hero , everyone on the old aol message board said he was an unbelievable player, i think most of what was written about him in the paper was rubbish anyway to wind the spurs fans up , hes obviously does his talking on the pitch thats all that matters to football folk , the rubbish written in most papers isn't worth reading

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 07:20

ArnieArdiles wrote: Whether we agree on the player or not , we surely must agree its stupid to buy him for £3million and to then sell him for £600,000 rising to a million if QPR get promoted ?

I'm sure we would've seen a better return on our initial outlay , even after factoring in his wages, had we made him a squad player and occasionaly used him as Lought says when games open up ?

I think so ...

Simon cowell tones used here arnie lol!

He was " ok " but he never used the opportunies he was given to show what he could do at spurs, he came on as sub ! and ! well , he came on as sub..........that was the impact he had.

Listen (simon cowell tones again ) he was sold a little prematurely we all agree but you have to cut your losses, and he was coming out with crap that he should have played for real or arsenal.

The fans had a go at ghaly for dissing the shirt ! surely a statement like " i should have played for arsenal" is just as bad ?

He,s doing it at qpr and good luck to taarabt, its a long way from real or arsenal though, but perhaps they will come in for him next year. lol!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 07:43

hes not had that many chances. not as many as lennon bentley. when was the last time lennon had a really good game. it was about 30 games ago. adel never ever got 2 games on the trot to be given a chance. i thought he done wel pre season . go look at the clips on utube.

why aint other players scoring or taken people on the way he is in the championship if its that easy. hes also nutmeged joe cole and cese from the goons

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 07:53

Who really cares about Trabbant ? He ain't Spurs anymore . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 16:20

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]hes not had that many chances. not as many as lennon bentley. when was the last time lennon had a really good game. it was about 30 games ago. adel never ever got 2 games on the trot to be given a chance. i thought he done wel pre season . go look at the clips on utube.

why aint other players scoring or taken people on the way he is in the championship if its that easy.

Errrrrrrrrr ! lought, you mean the same way bale is taking on people and scoring in the premiership ?

Honestly lought, where would he play in the spurs team at the moment? who would you have him replace?

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Nov 23 2010, 18:15

Well said Vis the guys not Spurs any more and Harry must have had his reasons to part with him at such a low price. Personlly i thought the boy always seemed to be too cock sure of him self, an annoying arrogance, he thought he was better than he actually was and better than anyone else on the park! But good luck to the lad and will enjoy him coming back to the Lane with QPR next term!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 06:50

roper you just described ginola lol thats why klinsman hated playing with him.

and lew yes bale is doing it now. lucky ekotto got injurid or he be on loan sumwhere now as harry couldnt see what most spurs fans could that he would make a great left winger.

and nobody sayin he would get in the spurs team as he wouldnt. but hes a better option to bring on when we have a game won or when we cant break teams like wigan down then to bring on keane or bentley
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Nov 24 2010, 18:07

Lought not for 1 minute am i comparing Ginola to Taraabt. Ginola was the finish article when he joined us he could dribble, pass, shoot all round genius on the football, now Taraabt is a young lad and yeah he will show flashes of brilliance on the ball but 8 times out of 10 he will cock it up, he does'nt know when to pass always a little flick or step over too many and it dont always come off most of the time he looks a bit silly, ok the odd time it does come off and it looks fantastic. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and for me he was just too arrogant. But like i say he is a young lad and will learn but for now he just seems to be a young footballer wanting to be te star attraction week in week out.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 18:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:roper you just described ginola lol thats why klinsman hated playing with him.

and lew yes bale is doing it now. lucky ekotto got injurid or he be on loan sumwhere now as harry couldnt see what most spurs fans could that he would make a great left winger.

and nobody sayin he would get in the spurs team as he wouldnt. but hes a better option to bring on when we have a game won or when we cant break teams like wigan down then to bring on keane or bentley

Lought ! the difference between what happened when bale got his chance is a million miles apart from what happened when taarabt got his few opportunities.

Bale proved so good no manager in his right mind would have dropped him, taarabt proved he wasnt ready but spoke up about being unhappy and that he should have signed for other teams and not tottenham, implying that those teams would have seen how great he was and that he would be a regular for them.

Surely taarabt is to blame for what happened while he was at spurs, he was a young talent who was deemed not ready only as a bench warmer, and surely from that position he should have taken every opportunity to make it hard for the manager not to include him on a regular basis, the way that bale did, and the way that lennon did years before.

You dont hear jenas, bentley or others on the bench moaning that they are an unrecognised talent that would be playing on a regular basis for other teams of similar standing.

Its your right to bemoan the fact that taarabt has gone lought, but you also have to lay the blame of that at his own door.

No manager is going to be told by any player that he should be playing ! would you ? taarabt should have knuckled down and made it impossible for him to be dropped................the way a certain gareth bale did.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 24 2010, 21:24

lucky ekotto got injurid or he be on loan sumwhere now as harry couldnt see what most spurs fans could that he would make a great left winger

Lucky? your having a laugh, Harry must be the luckiest man alive, to do what his done for us in 18 months, dont talk rubbish, Bale wasnt ready, he didnt moan, he got on with it and now we are seeing the benefits, but Adel billy big boots couldnt keep his trap shut and bide his time, so he was shipped out, simple us, theres more to a footballer then just a bit of skill, his no team player nad you cant be that in the prem now.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 24 2010, 22:53

Not just Bale dj, Pav also kept his head down and got on with it and is now a vital squad player.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 24 2010, 23:41

BazSpur wrote:Not just Bale dj, Pav also kept his head down and got on with it and is now a vital squad player.

Any player that does not perform and doesnt have the right attitude is not welcome at Spurs. I do feel a bit sorry for Kranky as he stepped in last season when we was short of players, but since Modders is back, Bale the best left sided player in the Country, Im afraid his not as good as those players, sad I know, but we cant afford to get sentimental if we are going to push on.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 03:30

when has adel had chances. he had a few games in pre season and done more then bentley and gio.

and dont give me that rubbish bale wasnt ready.
    so harry thought he wasnt ready and about to send him on loan to notts f. harry a lucky manager wich is good
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 25 2010, 04:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:when has adel had chances. he had a few games in pre season and done more then bentley and gio.

and dont give me that rubbish bale wasnt ready.
    so harry thought he wasnt ready and about to send him on loan to notts f. harry a lucky manager wich is good

Lought, you dont get lucky for nearly two seasons, so because of injuries we had no choice but to play Bale at left back and Harry was proved correct as we couldnt win a game with Bale in the side, then when Ekotto came back and we needed a left sided player, we used Modric until Bale was ready,the rest is history. Now you can bang on about Taraabt as much as you like, but you keep skirting round his arrogance and what he said in the press, sure his got ability, but so have a lot of players, but he was not a team player then and is not a team player now and will not play for Spurs again.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 05:09

but harry said a few months back that he thinks bale would be better at left back then left midfield. we all new he make a better left winger.

i know adel is to greedy sumtimes but he can take people on with ease. he has pace. hes strong and can pick out a pass.

he needs a manager who belives in him. ronaldo hardly ever passed in hes 1st season but fergie saw the talent

the championship is a hard league. full of pyiscal players. adel would do even better in spain .

i can see why harry lettin him go. but lew cant tell me adel hasnt got bags of skill. hes got more natural talent then walcot and lennon. when lennon losses hes pace he wont have much else to go back on
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 25 2010, 21:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:but harry said a few months back that he thinks bale would be better at left back then left midfield. we all new he make a better left winger.

i know adel is to greedy sumtimes but he can take people on with ease. he has pace. hes strong and can pick out a pass.

he needs a manager who belives in him. ronaldo hardly ever passed in hes 1st season but fergie saw the talent

the championship is a hard league. full of pyiscal players. adel would do even better in spain .

i can see why harry lettin him go. but lew cant tell me adel hasnt got bags of skill. hes got more natural talent then walcot and lennon. when lennon losses hes pace he wont have much else to go back on

But his gone Lought.
    Ok one last question for you and then we can concentrate on Spurs.

When Taraabt was made available, why did he go to Qpr? if his that good, why didnt a host of prem teams hijack the deal with Qpr and keep him in the prem?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 01:57