The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart

Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart Empty Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 04:00

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp expects to say goodbye to David Beckham next week - with a heavy heart. Beckham is due to return to Los Angeles Galaxy on Wednesday to prepare for a new season in Major League Soccer.

He has been training with Spurs during the club's off-season and Redknapp's one regret is that he was unable to seal a loan deal for the midfielder. Redknapp said: "I think David will go back on the ninth (of February). I would like to have had him playing as he has looked great in training. He is so slim and so fit, he is a fanatical trainer. He works in the morning and the afternoon in the gym. He just loves playing football.

"He could be at home now sitting around the pool. I am sure he has a decent enough semi in Los Angeles but he is over here wanting to play football. Most footballers would want to be in Los Angeles. But that is what has made him what he is. He wants to keep playing and he is a mega rich man. He just loves the game."

Tottenham kept in sight of a top-four spot in the Premier League with a 1-0 victory against Blackburn at Ewood Park last night, Peter Crouch getting above Chris Samba to head home a cross from Rafael van der Vaart in the fourth minute.

Redknapp believes Beckham would have been an influential figure in their pursuit of a UEFA Champions League place and has not ruled out the possibility of trying to sign him in November when his contract expires, even though Beckham will be 36 by then. Redknapp said: "I could do, yeah. I love him, I love the way he plays. That ball that van der Vaart hit for Crouchy, David hit about seven of them the other morning in training.

"It was like he had radar and Crouchy kept heading them in the goal. I kept saying 'That's what I have been asking you to do lads'. David has been fantastic. He is a top-class bloke. He has been great around the place. You would love to have him at your club."

Crouch was pleased to find the target for the first time since November, also against Blackburn. He said: "I was due a goal and it was nice to get one but I've been playing my part in a lot of goals this season. Rafa van der Vaart has got a few off my rebounds this season. I have played my part for the team. Chris Samba is a tough opponent. He's big, strong, but I'm confident I can beat anyone in the air and I'm very pleased it turned out to be the winning goal."

Tottenham remain three points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea with Bolton next up on Saturday at White Hart Lane, and Crouch is determined to maintain their momentum. He added: "We need to pick up points and get in the Champions League places. We could have got more goals but credit to Blackburn, they pegged us back too and we defended magnificently. It's a difficult place to come so it was a fantastic result. It was backs to the wall at some stages."

Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart Empty Re: Redknapp sad to see Beckham depart

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 04:03

good maybe next time he can stay and train at the goonies seeing as hes been watching there games.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri Feb 04 2011, 04:27

Maybee that pass that won us the match yesterday was down to his demonstration of how it's done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:20