The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gomez EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gomez EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gomez EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gomez EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gomez EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gomez EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gomez EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gomez EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gomez EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gomez Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
7 posters

Gomez

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Gomez Empty Gomez

Post by LOBO Sun May 01 2011, 04:18

Had enough of his stupid crazy mistakes, grifted chelsea a cheap goal, what a plonka

Gomez Empty Re: Gomez

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 04:22

Lobo even I've had enough of this. A shot he should have held easily and there is no argument about if it's over the line or not. Gomes does it again FFS . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:05

About time, i,m fed up with people making excuses for him and saying what a brilliant shot stopper he is, he has cost us all season.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 06:09

He has cost us, Lew but then so too have a few of the other players ....

Think we will see Robert Green at the Lane next season and that dont fill me with confidence either if that were to happen ...

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:10

He's crap and has to go, along with a whole load of 'em then rebuild for the Europa and Premier next season . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:11

ArnieArdiles wrote:He has cost us, Lew but then so too have a few of the other players ....

Think we will see Robert Green at the Lane next season and that dont fill me with confidence either if that were to happen ...

Arnie please tell me you are on a wind-up ? Please . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:15

ArnieArdiles wrote:He has cost us, Lew but then so too have a few of the other players ....

Arnie i have criticised gomes for the past couple of seasons, i always hung back because jim reckoned he was a great keeper and i reserved judgement because i respect certain posters views, but i have had enough of him now , but it wasnt a goal.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 06:15

VisionarySound wrote:

Arnie please tell me you are on a wind-up ? Please . . . . .

About what Vis ?

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:19

Roberto Greenio. Please tell me this is a wind-up. Please . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 06:24

Oh right . Im not ITK it's just a hunch lol

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:30

Hope it's just a hunch lol ? Please no more than that ! ! ! Still look on the bright side. David James is available ! Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . .. . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 01 2011, 06:45

I would drop Gomes now as it don't make much difference now anyway and play Pletika (Spelling lol) or Cudiccini.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:53

Gomes needs a break. The guy looks shell shocked (LOL look at me making excuses for him). We desperately need a 'keeper to give faith to the back 4 . . . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun May 01 2011, 06:59

In my oppinion I thought Robinson was a better keeper than Gomes and why we let him go when we did I just do not know, and I think he loved being at the Lane. The trouble with this club is we have sacked manager's and sold player's hopeing that those we replace them with will take us forward, well I am sorry and I know I will get some stick but, imo for a club like our's it should not have taken 50 year's to get 4th place and into the Champions League. I wrote a post about the Arsenal and how since Wenger has been in charge we have failed to finish above them and the reason for this I firmly believe is their Chairman gives the manager time to build a strong squad and the manager gives his player's time to prove themselves and does not get shot of them at a drop of a hat.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 07:01

what about when he pushed it straight to a chelsea player. mistake after mistake. he has to go .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 07:03

Robinson was fine 'keeper Len and Spurs showed a lot less faith in him then they have Gomes. I also whole heartedly agree about managers having time to build, but I'm afraid I don't think 'arry is the manager to build for us for the next 5/10 years . . . . . . . . .
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Mon May 02 2011, 03:06

i would stick with gomez, ok he has made the odd mistake, but some of the champions league saves he made were world class, also the t v pundits seem to highlight him and the team personally, in all fairness,we have had one of the best seasons i can remember, i have supported this club for over 50 years and will be coming over from guernsey to watch the blackpool game, and the injuries we had over the season i think we have done really well.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 04:12

best season lol because we beat inter at home who got smashed by a german team who where awfull aganst man u. prob the worst team ever to get into the last 4 of the champions league.

liverpool 15 points behind us now look at them. chelsea where behind us now look at them.

please tell me how we have had a good season. can sumone tel us our last good prem win.

man c won 1 game away since boxin day. yet stil in front

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 04:13

and i think some of you forget just how bad robbo was the last 2 seasons with us. every long shot when in. he was so bad we had to p ut our number 2 in goal for last 8 games of the season and he went on a run of only lettin in more den 1 goal once and that was liverpool last game of the season.

under robbo we let in so many goals and that was with king playin

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 06:18

wobberler wrote:i would stick with gomez, ok he has made the odd mistake, but some of the champions league saves he made were world class, also the t v pundits seem to highlight him and the team personally, in all fairness,we have had one of the best seasons i can remember, i have supported this club for over 50 years and will be coming over from guernsey to watch the blackpool game, and the injuries we had over the season i think we have done really well.

Yes Wobbs he makes some fine saves. It's what he's paid to do. He is also paid to catch and hold the effin ball. Something he cannot seem to do . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 07:17

i like gomez and hope he stays but harry needs to get sumone else in who will challange him for the spot
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon May 02 2011, 18:34

i been saying for ages now we need another keeper. Am a bag of nerves when ever the ball goes near Gomes, i have no faith in this guy what so ever. I went out for a few beers yesterday and everyone i spoke too all they would say is " what a plank that keeper of yours is". He's a laughing stock among other teams fans.

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 20:31

Its common knowledge the blokes got vaseline fingers, i am often ribbed about gomes from other teams fans and all i say is that " i know he aint a good keeper " but some of you blokes on here keep saying how good he is.

We bought him when he had those brilliant stops in the penalty shoot out with us, when robbo was diving too early, he looked class in that game against us but hasnt lived up to promise.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon May 02 2011, 21:07

VisionarySound wrote:
    wobberler wrote:i would stick with gomez, ok he has made the odd mistake, but some of the champions league saves he made were world class, also the t v pundits seem to highlight him and the team personally, in all fairness,we have had one of the best seasons i can remember, i have supported this club for over 50 years and will be coming over from guernsey to watch the blackpool game, and the injuries we had over the season i think we have done really well.

Yes Wobbs he makes some fine saves. It's what he's paid to do. He is also paid to catch and hold the effin ball. Something he cannot seem to do . . . .

Exactly he is F--g paid to catch a ball at least, he is now becomming a loughing stock. Cost us golas against chelsea home and away, Champion League match against Real Madrid etc. I think this is the time to bring in a substitute
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 02 2011, 23:34

Id stick him on the bench because a spell on the sidelines will make him more determined not to make mistakes in the future, and his mistakes have cost us

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content