The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric Talks About Transfer.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric Talks About Transfer.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Modric Talks About Transfer.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Modric Talks About Transfer.  Empty Modric Talks About Transfer.

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 06:29

Luka Modric

I've so far stayed out of the talk surrounding his
    possible exit from the club because of the arguments it was caused, in
    all honesty, due to bitterness of Spurs fans who can't wait and see and
    feel the need to jump down the throats of supporters of any club that
    dare say anything we don't want to hear!

But now there's another
    quote I don't know if it was originally Croatian and translated back
    but we can't keep using that to explain away the anything we don't like.
    Luka Modric IS putting himself in the shop window, there was even a
    hint of desperation in this latest quote... 'I'm a Tottenham player
    and will be in London on July 7 to begin preparing for the season, but I
    want to say that transfers could occur later.

"In England it is often the case they happen on the last day of the transfer period, August 31.

'So
    it is pointless to worry about anything now. If my situation changes
    after the start of preparation it would not be a problem.'

He
    sounds like a Supermarket offering some special prices... 'Hello
    prospective buyers, I will be back training at Spurs when the pre season
    commences, but, PLEASE don't forget you can still buy me after that
    point... remember I can still be bought up to the 31st of August... I
    don't mind, honestly, as late as you want, I'll be here.... waiting'.

I'm
    not a pessimist, I know I will get some abuse for my view but if you
    read what he's said, he didn't need to add the last bit, he could have
    just said 'wait and see'... but he elaborated to remind people he could
    still leave. I'm worried, really worried. Normally after hearing that I
    would want any other player to go, get some money, rebuild. But I do
    genuinely believe if he stays he would still be devoted to the club
    while he was here, so I would like us to basically refuse to do
    business.

I always preferred it when players were honest, but
    hearing these hints from Godric is breaking my heart, all I wanted to
    hear was... 'I'll give it one more year no matter what, if we're not
    there next year then I will look to move on'. Failing that, I've decided
    I would actually rather he lied so I could be angry with him and be
    glad to see the back of him (Berba style) instead of feeling like I've
    just found out Giggs, Terry and Ashley Cole were on a night out with my
    Girlfriend!

This may be a bit of a ramble, I may have read too
    much into it. I've written this feeling rather emotional so it may not
    be particularly concise! Tell I'm wrong and I'm worried about nothing.
    What do you guys think?

Written by Dan Mac
    Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508992#ixzz1Ou2dZkaq
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Modric Talks About Transfer.  Empty Re: Modric Talks About Transfer.

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 11 2011, 08:46

hes off, lets be honest we will never keep our best players until we become more consistent. my main worry is keeping lennon, the games i went to last season even when coming off the bench he frightened the sh*t out of defences. its not his fault if the forwards didnt convert his chances. i saw the frustration in his face sometimes thinking what the hell am i doing here. i hope to god he stays
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:05

Complete bollox!

Modric has shown intelligence and that is all. He understands just how changeable Football can be and has explained that he understands that if a big enough offer came in to turn Levy's head then he could well be making a move.

You can read just about anything you want into these comments, the problem is, it's the panic mongers that are first onto their keyboards spreading their doom and gloom just so they can have everyone feeling as bad as they do.

Manure can't afford him, they can't pay their own bills which is why their pocket hacks are living in the 'he'll go for 25 million dreamland' just so they can get the price reduced. Chelsea won't want to splash another 40 to 50 million after the cock up with Torres. He was established PL too and look how that's worked out for them.
    The only PL club who could afford him is Citeh, and I reckon Levy will do buiness with them when Hell freezes over after the way they told us to f*ck off over Bellamy.

I'll stick my neck out here and state that Luca is with us for a further season at least. The Chairman and Manager have said so and I'm trusting their word, particularly as I can't see Levy as a short term profit gambler. He's invested too much over too long a period to risk the whole shebang exploding in his face by selling off our most prized assets to our main competitors.

Question; Can anyone see Levy saying, 'Ah well, we made a few bob out of CL but we'll never get there again so let's cash in on these players while we can?' If you can then you've basically ignored EVERYTHING the man has done for the club over the last decade to get us where we are.

Food for thought?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:14

hope your right ion, but after hearing all the " HES NOT FOR SALE " and "WERE BUILDING A TEAM NOT DISMANTLING ONE " for many a season now, it does make you a bit cynical. none of us want mods to go but im of the opinion now that if he does he does and i wont be shedding tears over it. my hopes have been ripped out of me to many times now , so whatever happens, happens. its like groundhog bloody day only on a yearly basis lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:34

shearspur wrote:hope your right ion, but after hearing all the " HES NOT FOR SALE " and "WERE BUILDING A TEAM NOT DISMANTLING ONE " for many a season now, it does make you a bit cynical. none of us want mods to go but im of the opinion now that if he does he does and i wont be shedding tears over it. my hopes have been ripped out of me to many times now , so whatever happens, happens. its like groundhog bloody day only on a yearly basis lol

In all honesty Shear, the only time I've heard Levy come out and state 'we're not selling' was with Berbatov. Then we saw the Swan eater effectively go on strike and hold the team to ransom. He was able to do this because the longer he messed us around, the smaller his price would get as he only had 2 seasons left on his contract.

Had us by the short and curlies effectively and Levy had his hand forced. It was evident that he was furious about this, even more so when Berbatov did the sneaky by going to Utd against Levy's wishes.

Modric is a far different story. He has a further 5 years left which means that if he did get a strop on, Levy has time to make him see the error of his ways. Modric really doesn't come across as this type of player though. He doesn't throw his arms in the air if others aren't on his wavelength, doesn't drag his heels tracking back should an attack break down. In short, his body language suggests that he is a model professional who gets on with the job wherever he is.

You know what his comments tell me?

'I understand that I could be playing for another club next season, if Spurs decide they want to sell me, but until that happen I am a Spurs player and will remain so until told differently.'

I don't even think he's waiting to see if our anbitions match his because I think that he knows they do.

It's hard to maintain a positive demeanour, I know mate, when every doom merchant is printing their bile to anyone who'll read it, but I'm determined to maintain positive on this.

Otherwise just what is the point?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:48

yeah your right but we cant change anything, so what happens happens. i just dont want to get my hopes up till the first day of the season , then we start all over again and forget all our past heros and support the new ones we pin our hopes on. my days of thinking players love the club are long gone with the mabbuts and roberts of their time. i know i prob sound negative but i just got back from a med cruise yesterday and i thinking about work monday lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:13

The loyalty has gone as you say with Mabbut, Roberts etc. It's all money orientated now. I hope Modric stays I really do but like Shear I am pretty cynical these days.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:54

Manchester City are set to spark a three-way auction for Luka Modric after declaring their intent to sign the Tottenham midfielder.

Roberto Mancini has identified the skilful Croat as the creative talent who can help spearhead City's assault on the Champions League and Barclays Premier League title next season and is ready to start the bidding at around £30million.

But the Italian won't have an easy run to Modric as Chelsea and Manchester United are determined to sign the 25-year-old.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, in particular, is an admirer of Modric and will match City all the way in a bidding war that Tottenham will find hard to resist.

Sir Alex Ferguson fears being priced out of the move as he lines up other targets, with City ready to treble Modric's £55,000-a-week salary and Abramovich set on Champions League success.

Harry Redknapp has branded Modric 'irreplaceable' and chairman Daniel Levy insists no stars will be sold this summer as he again fights to qualify for Europe.

But his failure to do so this year has left Spurs vulnerable to bids.

Modric said: 'If there will be an offer which will be good for Tottenham and for me also, then a transfer is of course possible.'

He again failed to commit to the club on Friday, saying: 'I'm a Tottenham player and will be in London on July 7 to begin preparing for the season, but I want to say that transfers could occur later.'

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:21

Why is Modric only on 55 thou a week? I thought he was on more than that. Media bull sh*t again?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:23

Vis,

Those 2 quotes are seperate and weeks apart. Is this report not from the Daily Mail? That rag who actually had one of its hacks come clean and admit that he was ordered by the Editor to make stories up?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 03:24

It is indeed from the Mail Ion. I posted it to show the growing meeja fenzy over Moddle. We are now lead to believe that Citeh are intrested in him. I have said elsewhere that it is a type of compliment that your players are linked with big money moves but I would just like to see these rumours crushed by the board & player with statements along the lines of Lil Luka is a Spurs player, will remain so and no amount of transfer money is acceptable as he is going nowhere . . . ..
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Jun 12 2011, 05:22

Modric is on 70k a week from what i can remember, but i'm not sure if that was before or after he signed a new 6-year contract.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 12 2011, 06:24

Think you're right DJ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 15:21