The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
All our striker are crap? what shall we do. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

All our striker are crap? what shall we do. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

All our striker are crap? what shall we do.

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

All our striker are crap? what shall we do. Empty All our striker are crap? what shall we do.

Post by cynicsid Fri Jul 29 2011, 02:12

Dont know if this subject has already been brouched but I got to thinking,

ALL OUR STRIKERS ARE UNDERPERFORMING??? All of them?

Seems a bit wrong that, very often we would have a player or two slip in form all clubs have that. And all clubs have supprize players that turn out to be better than they first thought.

Are we looking at the problem in the right way? how did all our strikers loose form at the same time?

Is it, could it possibly be that the midfield isn't working right for them?

Good as they are individually and not forgetting their ability to get goals themselves, are they actually providing the right service for the strikers or are they playing just a bit too greedy?

Secondly, if all the strikers have had a bad year, surely that means next year could be brilliant for them doesn't it? Not that the South Africa cup showd us any evidence of thet.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

All our striker are crap? what shall we do. Empty Re: All our striker are crap? what shall we do.

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 29 2011, 02:43

All our strikers are not crap Sid ... Okay Crouch IMO is, if Im allowed to say it, is the exception ... It's jus they're not as good our manager thought they're ....

Pav for me, is the best of the lot , but he can wind-up even his most ardent fan .....

Keane was good a few seasons back and if he was anywhere that form , he would be our best forward by a country mile ...

Defoe is all about power and burst of speed but you need more than that and has never really been a goal poacher of simple goals and his link up play , and ball retention is mediocre...

Crouch has no power in his legs to run past a defender or the power for a decent shot on goal.... Not to sure how many headed goals he's scored for us from set pieces but you'd think he should have a bucket load looking at him?

If they all stay injury free and we have to make do with them again, then I think they should do better with their scoring stats than last season ..

However, it could go against them if its a slow start and the same old story with them... I can see some of the WHL fickles will no doubt voice their opinions louder than been heard before...
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

All our striker are crap? what shall we do. Empty Re: All our striker are crap? what shall we do.

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 29 2011, 08:45

Personally I think all three have run their course for us and this coming season will be no different. We certainly need new blood and I also think a change of scenery for them would be the best thing.

I agree Sid perhaps the MF didn't produce enough clear cut chances but in fairness between them they did miss a lot of goals last season.

I believe we need a player like Parker who can drive forward from MF and score goals. To many times last season our MF was broken up in mid flow. We have some great passers of the ball but they were not always able to set them up.

We certainly need 2 strikers to replace at least 2 of what we have and a Parker type player if not him....Sneider would be perfect but he's never coming to us...... and possibly a CD but we could get by in that department if we had to.

Mikey M
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 29 2011, 09:03

I wouldve liked to have seen us try a 4-3-3 formation a few more times with Bale and Lennon upfront alongside VDV and maybe sometimes Pav ....

I think playing a three in midfield rather than four, with two out and out wingers would see Lennon and Bale concentrate more on scoring and assisting goals further up the field rather than covering our full-backs ... A midfield three of Hudd , Modric and Sandro can do the defending and also assist in the attacks with one or two of them covering when needed ...

Our counter attacks are to predictable generally cosisting of wide play with the breakdown due one of the forwards touch or the forward is heavily marked ...We need more fast inter-play amongst our most forward players but with Crouch, Pav and Defoe this all to often breaks down .....

A Bale-Vdv-Lennon combo upfront shouldve been looked at but I dont think Harry is into that ....

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29 2011, 09:13

cant you lot see its vdv the problem because we hardly ever play 442 when he plays. and if harry is brave enough to play 442 with vdv then lennon gets dropped

another thing you hit upon is our strikers are greedy.
    defoe could of played pav in yet ignored him
    and pav himself is guilty of havin stupid shots

its a shame robbie kean is overlooked by harry now as he does have a football brain and could link up well with vdv.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 29 2011, 17:11

Its VDV fault, he should be dropped..............

Yet you want Robbie, our 4th choice striker to partner him up top?? mad

Your a human enigma Lought, carntwork you out sometimes mate!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 29 2011, 20:08

Thought the same myself last night Lee but it was late and I couldn't be bothered. All our striker are crap? what shall we do. 105239

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30 2011, 03:26

im sure robbie would have scored in more then 2 games. he has a footbal brain unlike defoe and crouch,

i would put money on gio or adel gettin more goals or assitts up front then the donkey.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Jul 30 2011, 04:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:im sure robbie would have scored in more then 2 games. he has a footbal brain unlike defoe and crouch,

I agree with you Lought but unfortunately Keane betrayed Harry with his sneaky trip to Dublin, having paid out £12m to rescue him from Liverpool and put him on a £3m annual wage and wasnt he captain at the time too?

i would put money on gio or adel gettin more goals or assitts up front then the donkey.

I dont like Crouch as a player, never have done, never will but I dont think it helps your cause constantly calling one of our players donkey ...

We're possesion based team and I dont see Defoe and Crouch fitting in to that, so agree with you having a selection for the upfront positions from
    Pav
    Keane
    Taraabt
    Dos Santos

Would have been preferable....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 11:54