The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
still no striker?? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
still no striker?? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
still no striker?? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
still no striker?? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
still no striker?? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
still no striker?? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
still no striker?? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
still no striker?? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
still no striker?? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

still no striker?? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
shearspur
LOBO
HotspurRoper
7 posters

still no striker??

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

still no striker?? Empty still no striker??

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Aug 09 2012, 16:59

looking a bit grim atm boys, still no new striker in place with just over a week to go to the big KO
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

still no striker?? Empty Re: still no striker??

Post by LOBO Thu Aug 09 2012, 18:59

AllI can say is , either we have someone signed already and in place , or this is going to be a massive cock up , it wouldn't surprise me if we did cock this up, we do something like this every season that leaves fans asking why , on that note im sick to death hearing and reading about modric & a new goal keeper , as it stands , upfront we have gio & defoe , we are 2 strikers short .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:03

I am seriously worried now lee. Looks like the goons are buying properly and I reckon could pull well away from us now, unless levy gets his a*se in gear he will ruin what we had built.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:24

Some talk on facebook that AVB is thinking of turning Bale into a striker but that could just be a rumour. On a positive note reports are circulating that the Leandro deal is much closer. Could be done by the time the Olympics are over. Let's hope eh?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Aug 09 2012, 23:01

Well its our last pre season game tonight so if we do get somebody in he ent have had any match time with our squad. Always one step behind, its so frustrating.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 00:06

bale is not a striker.
    we had ages to get somone in but it looks like we just put most of our efforts into mr geedy.

if leanordo scores any more goals in the final then hes price will go up even more.
    we will never learn
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Aug 10 2012, 05:55

This will back fire on us if we don't get this sorted soon

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 06:46

It has been announced that (rumoured anyway) that Llorente has not extended his contract at Bilboa. Go f*********g get him Levy!!!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:50

Twitter account ~ 1985-1992S&G
    #@JimsieGreavesie- Hey Sassenech is it true you was seen Enfield way in a tracksuit today ya wee dwarf.
    #@ SweatySaint- Och Aye Mon, maybe. My boots are cleaned and I'm ready to roll unless AC Milan make a better offer.
    #@JimsieGreavesie- Och Mon wadda make a the new manager?
    #@-SweatySaint- Och the Noo Sweaty he sure aint no Sir BillY Nic But when he calls back Big Chv & GlisteningGilzean alongside me we will score S***loads
    #@-JimsieGreavesie- lollollollollololol

Dunno how true the above is but allegedly it comes from a well respect duo's Twatter account . . . . .

clap
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:53

It's the same old story Levy loves this role of a great negotiator and drives a hard bargain. But what it comes down to is he wants top dollar for who he sells but wont pay more than 7-10 mil to buy. That I'm afraid will not get us any real class.

In the past couple of seasons we have been offered 13 mil for Dos Santos, 8 mil for Bentley, 5 for Jenas but he wanted more. Now we are left with them and they don't even play. I'm totaly confused as to his thinking.

Your'e right about the a*se getting their act together so are L'pool and Utd and Chelsea have gone mad.

At this rate we will start the season with a weaker side than last season.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:56

Not at all Mikey because so far no player who got us 4th has left . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Aug 10 2012, 12:01

I love the way you lot are so quick to jump on Levy's back here.

Are any of you aware that he is currently in the States caring for his wife who, apparently, is extremely ill?

Didn't think so.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Aug 10 2012, 17:14

Baz i really hope AVB does not see Bale as anything other than winger this coming season all his best work comes from the wide left, even switching from time to time with Lennon seemed to work, but drifting into the middle didnt seem to work for him last season!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Aug 10 2012, 19:58

To be honest , its ok buying sh*t loads of players, like chelski and arselol , but where does it get you? , look at liverpool , they spent 150mill last season and they were P*ss poor , we have a settled team of players that know each others game, bit like UTD , who have always kept the same group of players and only went and bought one or two ,i don't think we are going to suffer , 4th is possible , but we do need to sort this strikers situation out before the season begins . unless AVB thinks we can do a spain and play strikerless
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:30

I thought we played well last night but I must say the lack of decent Strikers in the side does worry me. Defoe just didn't cut it for me last night. TBH after from the double chance Lennon had we didn't get as close again. However, we certainly weren't overrun by them and AVB's tactics worked quite well.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:45

ionman34 wrote:I love the way you lot are so quick to jump on Levy's back here.

Are any of you aware that he is currently in the States caring for his wife who, apparently, is extremely ill?

Didn't think so.

According to the press this week it seems he's back in the country Ion.
    Anyway he has other people including the manager who can negotiate he only has to sign the cheques.

We are not scoring goals at the moment what will you say if we start the season with out a striker?

Incidentaly I have a disabled wife who had a stroke 18 months ago but I still have to go to work.I'm in the office 2 days a week and the rest I do from home. You do what you have to do.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:49

Sorry to hear about your Wife Mikey. I am sure everyone will agree when I say we wish her well for the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 03:16