The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Kevin bond admits. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Kevin bond admits. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Kevin bond admits. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Kevin bond admits. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Kevin bond admits. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Kevin bond admits. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Kevin bond admits. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Kevin bond admits. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Kevin bond admits. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Kevin bond admits. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
totalytot
ionman34
BazSpur
7 posters

Kevin bond admits.

Kevin bond admits. Empty Kevin bond admits.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 23:45

Modric could be sold at the right price.
    He added that spurs dont want to lose him but every player has his price.
    Hope no-one else has covered this one ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Kevin bond admits. Empty Re: Kevin bond admits.

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 02 2011, 00:08

Lol, Lew. Saw the headlines about this on news now. Seems to me if a big fee came in they would accept it. Anythinng near 40 mill would do it.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 02:04

Another out of context quotation chaps. Nothing to worry about.

MODDERS WILL NOT BE LEAVING.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 02 2011, 02:35

ionman34 wrote:Another out of context quotation chaps. Nothing to worry about.

If you close your eyes and say it 3 times it might come true Ion. But the minute it hits 40 mil he will be gone and quite frankly you would have to take it, for as good as he is....and that is very good....I'm not sure he is worth 40 mil when you see what other players are going for or at least what is being offered. Sneider 35 mil, Fabregas 35 mil, Nasri 25 mil. All great MF players who all regularly score goals.

The other point is I believe nobody of any note will be bought if we don't sell him as Harry has been told.....or at least he keeps telling us.....Levy has said he has to sell if he wants to buy.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 02:51

totalytot wrote:

If you close your eyes and say it 3 times it might come true Ion. But the minute it hits 40 mil he will be gone and quite frankly you would have to take it, for as good as he is....and that is very good....I'm not sure he is worth 40 mil when you see what other players are going for or at least what is being offered. Sneider 35 mil, Fabregas 35 mil, Nasri 25 mil. All great MF players who all regularly score goals.

The other point is I believe nobody of any note will be bought if we don't sell him as Harry has been told.....or at least he keeps telling us.....Levy has said he has to sell if he wants to buy.

Mikey M

I'll make any wager you want here Mikey.

Levy has set his stall, he has no wiggle room.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 02:53

Mikey M [/quote]

Watch this space, Striker on loan on the way.

Smart money is on either Adabadhairday or Benzema.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:06

Personally i think we should sell , and with the money get Mata & Vinici , it would make perfect sense and we will have finally got our striker ..if not mata then Diara ?
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:15

what was the last bid chelski put in?? 27m + sturridge??
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:36

Vucinic is now a Juventus player, on their official site.

Gutted.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:45

Also Mata has turned down a £17 mil bid from us. Says he wants to join Arsenal. He obviously wants a year of empty promises. I can't say it upsets me as I havn't seen enough of him to know how good he is. Although I understand he was outstanding in the U21 Euro's.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:46

they claim they didnt have sturrige in the offer,

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:48

Adabadhairday or Benzema.
    i want ade but is benzema anygood..
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:49

ionman34 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

I'll be happy to have a fiver with you sent to the charity of your choice Ion and i'll be a happy man if I have to pay out.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 03:51

totalytot wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

I'll be happy to have a fiver with you sent to the charity of your choice Ion and i'll be a happy man if I have to pay out.

Mikey M

Done
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Aug 02 2011, 05:03

ionman34 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

Mikey M

Done

My view is this has got more to do with wages than anything else. We sell Modders who's on 50k and lets say we get 40M for him. we will have to spend most of that to find a deacent replacement and the player will want 125k a week over 3.5M a year. over a 5 years deal 17.5M so we need at least that some over his transfer value to make any deal viable. 45M might sell him but nothing less
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Aug 02 2011, 05:05

Was it Harry who said, how do we compete with the Man City's of this World?. Well, I would say by hanging on to your best players, Modric and Bale. imo, What is the good of having £30 million, the latest Chelsea offer for Modric, to spend on players when we can not find the players who want to come to the club because we are not prepared to pay them the wages they demand. I can not see us buying top quality players for the reason I have just stated, which means it will be a case of not getting like for like in the transfer market. Therefore this means we will find it not just a struggle to get into the top four but also the top six which will cost the club money. Why is it we can not compete with the Man City's, United's and Chelsea's of this World?, because they do not sell their top players, they just try their hardest to get top players from other club's with the promise of big money and a chance to play in the Champions League. I think if Levy gives in on this one, then we can say goodbye to any chance we may have had of becoming a top club as this will indeed give all club's the message that we are a selling club and a nursery for these so called big club's.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:29

Boltjean wrote:Was it Harry who said, how do we compete with the Man City's of this World?. Well, I would say by hanging on to your best players, Modric and Bale. imo, What is the good of having £30 million, the latest Chelsea offer for Modric, to spend on players when we can not find the players who want to come to the club because we are not prepared to pay them the wages they demand. I can not see us buying top quality players for the reason I have just stated, which means it will be a case of not getting like for like in the transfer market. Therefore this means we will find it not just a struggle to get into the top four but also the top six which will cost the club money. Why is it we can not compete with the Man City's, United's and Chelsea's of this World?, because they do not sell their top players, they just try their hardest to get top players from other club's with the promise of big money and a chance to play in the Champions League. I think if Levy gives in on this one, then we can say goodbye to any chance we may have had of becoming a top club as this will indeed give all club's the message that we are a selling club and a nursery for these so called big club's.

I agree we have to hold on to our top players but I can't see us ever doing that because we are not a City or Chelsea and we just can't pay the wages. Utd already see us as a selling club.

We need to build a new stadium with a 60,000 plus capacity and then we can start to compete but that is at least 3 years away and in that time we could have slipped back to a middle table team. However that could change if we can keep Modric....and it's a big if.....and get in a couple of players that will improve the side and we can challenge for at least 4th then it could be all very different.

The next couple of weeks could change the next 5 years for us and it's up to Levy to see that if we don't act now then last year was a flash in the pan and a real opportunity missed.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:30

Lew I'm going to not merge this one as it has a lot of intrest in it but any new Modric posts WILL be merged. Thanx .. . . flowers . . . ..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 15:10

Boltjean wrote:Was it Harry who said, how do we compete with the Man City's of this World?. Well, I would say by hanging on to your best players, Modric and Bale. imo, What is the good of having £30 million, the latest Chelsea offer for Modric, to spend on players when we can not find the players who want to come to the club because we are not prepared to pay them the wages they demand. I can not see us buying top quality players for the reason I have just stated, which means it will be a case of not getting like for like in the transfer market. Therefore this means we will find it not just a struggle to get into the top four but also the top six which will cost the club money. Why is it we can not compete with the Man City's, United's and Chelsea's of this World?, because they do not sell their top players, they just try their hardest to get top players from other club's with the promise of big money and a chance to play in the Champions League. I think if Levy gives in on this one, then we can say goodbye to any chance we may have had of becoming a top club as this will indeed give all club's the message that we are a selling club and a nursery for these so called big club's.

I've repped you for this post Len, not just because it goes along with everything I've been preaching for the last few weeks, but because it shows a big club mentality. I honestly believe that we, the fans, DO hold a lot of sway with the club and the Chairman in particular. I believe that if we want him to maintain his vision of us being the Worlds top club, we have to buy into it ourselves. We have to now believe that these teams that view us as a nursery, are now our targets. We have to believe that, in the fullness of time, we will supplant these and then THEY will be OUR nurseries.
    I believe you have to put the mindset in place FIRST, then implement the strategy. I believe this because it is synonymous with everything I have been taught about corporate growth and planning for successful outcomes. This mindset is huge out here in Oz and it works.
    If we buy into the mindset and DEMAND that the club maintains this then it WILL happen. When we are on board then it reinforces the belief of the players who were sold this vision too, and any subsequent players that want to be part of what we are building.
    We will always have stumbles, we will always have set backs, the measure of our will and belief is the speed with which we overcome these setbacks and accelerate our plans and improvements.

My belief is absolute in DL's vision. I see this belief in others on other boards, but not enough of us. However, our numbers are growing, albeit slowly, so I derive huge pleasure from seeing another begin seeing the vision and adopting the mentality.

We are THFC. We ARE a BIG Club, we WILL be the biggest Club in the World. Not just because we wish it so, but because we have a strategy to MAKE it so. The more believe that, the greater the momentum. The greater the momentum, the more believe and the sooner it happens. We are a million+ strong Worldwide. If this belief spreads throughout that million then it will attract others, making us bigger, stronger and wealthier. Keeping these star players is an absolutely essential step in this process, not only for the abilities on the pitch but, more importantly, for the belief structure within the club and the fans. Hold onto him and players believe. Hold onto him fans believe, not just ours. Other clubs believe and deal with us differently. Governmental entities then view us in a different light. The goons had little trouble with their ground development.Why? Because they are a big club and are viewed as such.

The snowball effect is enormous, all generated from something as simple, and yet as profound, as a mindset.

Sorry if I'm sermonising but, as you've probably guessed, I'm passionate about this subject and your post has really made my day.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Aug 02 2011, 22:22

Thank you for those kind words Ion and the rep. I have also repped you for a very well worded reply. I was not going to as you have 133 more points than me, and I am trying to catch up to a few posters. I must say, right or wrong at times you certainly have a way with words, not like Lew and Baz Lol. Oh well, no more repps from them.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 23:56

Boltjean wrote:Thank you for those kind words Ion and the rep. I have also repped you for a very well worded reply. I was not going to as you have 133 more points than me, and I am trying to catch up to a few posters. I must say, right or wrong at times you certainly have a way with words, not like Lew and Baz Lol. Oh well, no more repps from them.

Have one on me.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 03:21

i belive in levy but not in harry. i also dont belive levy belives in harry but cant sack the man who got us 4th

so hes waiting on either bad results or him to go england.

sumthings not right between them too.

levy dont want to give loads of money to a man thats nown to waste money on players with no resale or if hes not going to be here next summer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 10:13