The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp admits caution EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp admits caution EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp admits caution EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp admits caution EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp admits caution EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp admits caution EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp admits caution EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp admits caution EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp admits caution EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp admits caution Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Redknapp admits caution

Redknapp admits caution Empty Redknapp admits caution

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 18:10

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has admitted he will adopt a more cautious approach when his side take on Werder Bremen in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

The Londoners suffered a scare when falling three goals behind to Young Boys inside the opening half an hour of their play-off first leg in Bern last month.

Spurs fought back to lose 3-2 at the Stade de Suisse before winning 4-0 at White Hart Lane to progress 6-3 on aggregate into the group stages.

Redknapp had gambled on an attacking formation in Switzerland but has vowed to be more cautious for the Group A opener in Germany.

He said: "I am not going to go away from home and play 4-4-2 as you will get opened up.

"We go to Germany and they play with a diamond, and so they will have four players in the middle of the park.

"We have two in there and will run around chasing shadows as they pop it around. So we will have to look at that."

Different

He added: "At home, I am 90 per cent certain I will play with two strikers. But away from home, it will be different."

The signing of Rafael van der Vaart gives Redknapp license to experiment with playing one up front, with the Holland midfielder preferring to play in the hole.

"He can play in behind one striker, two strikers, if you want to play that way, or if you want to play a diamond," said Redknapp.

While Bremen have suffered injuries to first-choice defenders Per Mertesacker and Naldo, Redknapp is taking nothing for granted ahead of Tuesday night's game.

Redknapp's side will then face Dutch champions FC Twente later in the month and the Spurs boss admits he would be happy with a win and a draw.

He said: "I will take four points from the opening two games now, without doubt.

"The German side will be tough. They are a good team."

http://www.skysports.com

Redknapp admits caution Empty Re: Redknapp admits caution

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 02:20

he changes hes views so much. he said when we played chelsea and arsneal they had 3 in the middle an we had 2 and done well.

whenever we play big teams away we play cautious and we lose. dont harry learn.

the only big team we won away was man c but they play with 2 defensive midfeilders

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 06:02

4-4-1-1 tomorrow, VDV in the hole Behind crouch.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 14 2010, 07:26

Crouch playing the lone striker role will be a better option than Pav.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 18:30