The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Luka Modric Thread EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Luka Modric Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Luka Modric Thread EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Luka Modric Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Luka Modric Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Luka Modric Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Luka Modric Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Luka Modric Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Luka Modric Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Luka Modric Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
HotspurRoper
totalytot
MarkA249
Boycey
DJSR
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
12 posters

Luka Modric Thread

Luka Modric Thread Empty Come on chaps..........

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 04:11

is modric that good ?
    Yeah well he,s part of a good spurs side, a hard worker, but i think when bale burst onto the scene early last year he made modric look pretty ordinary, wasnt the cl campaign early on fantastic, and bale made that possible.
    Bale destroyed inter, and later injuries took its toll, bale early season was like george best revisited in a spurs shirt.
    If the bloke isnt happy, lets ramp up the price, how can his heart be at spurs when he has said what he has said.
    Man utd thought they were getting berbatov in the guise of denis law, now chelsea think they are getting..........who ?

Dont get me wrong, modric is a workhorse in midfield, but he isnt irreplaceble, especially as he doesnt really want to be at whl.

Luka Modric Thread Empty Re: Luka Modric Thread

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 04:44

nah you need to watch modric he makes our midfeild tick, he was our best player last season miles above bale
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 02 2011, 05:27

Lew lol why didn't you add this thread in with the " iwouldnt want to lose bale " this what Baz means by double posting about the same players more or less, you could have easily slipped this bit in with the other post ...lol funny

Luka Modric Thread Empty Luka Modric Thread

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:25

This is now the Moddle thread. All threads started, finished , whatever will go here. Guys we are trying to tidy things up on the forum ready for the new season. Any issues with merging threads such as this should be directed to ME, & me alone, for doing this. I'm sure we will see many more posts on Lil Luka before the end of August so lets stick 'em in one place and be done with it ! ! ! That way we we can, hopefully, keep things coherent & tidy and keep the debate going instead of a fractured way of doing stuff. My personal opinion is that Levy should stand his ground and if needs be stick Modric in the stands. I also stand to lose a tenner on a bet with a mate who is a Chelski fan and the bet is who Modric is playing for come 1st Septemeber this year. So would hate that lol. I hope you understand that this subject is best kept under "one roof" kinda of thing rather than many different posts. Thanx for your (hopefully) understanding on this one guys . . . flowers . . . . ..

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:28

Lew's Come on chaps thred merged to here. Thanx Guys flowers . . . . ..

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 07:27

Loughtonlegend wrote:nah you need to watch modric he makes our midfeild tick, he was our best player last season miles above bale

Certainly does make the midfield tick lought, also watch the amount of times he gives the ball away, or blast a shot wide or over.............

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 07:30

LOBO wrote:Lew lol why didn't you add this thread in with the " iwouldnt want to lose bale " this what Baz means by double posting about the same players more or less, you could have easily slipped this bit in with the other post ...lol funny

Because its two separate issues lob,modric is modric and bale ..bale,

Two different players, two different posts ..but whatever gets you through, or pleases the majority, i will always post this way.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Aug 02 2011, 10:20

lol lew i was winding you up sorry mate lol!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 10:41

everyone gives the ball away althought noone more so then wp.

ok modric shooting is a let down lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 14:10

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:nah you need to watch modric he makes our midfeild tick, he was our best player last season miles above bale

Certainly does make the midfield tick lought, also watch the amount of times he gives the ball away, or blast a shot wide or over.............

What did you do for the other 23 hours 59 minute and 30 seconds that you had remianing in the day Lew?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 18:00

One thing for me that Moddle has to do this season for US, is score a few more goals. He has the undoubted talent to do so . . .. .

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:09

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

What did you do for the other 23 hours 59 minute and 30 seconds that you had remianing in the day Lew?

I am simply pointing out ion that modric is good, but for me he isnt as good as some of you blokes say he is, its just my personal opinion.
    I am allowed an opinion am i not ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:32

Yes Lew of course you have an opinion but you must accept that you may be challenged on it. Personally I think Modric is a fantastic player and does more on the pitch than is recognised. He is always in position to get the ball and he will track back too. He doesn't score many goals and that needs to be addressed. Add that to his game and he will be blinding.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:35

lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

I am simply pointing out ion that modric is good, but for me he isnt as good as some of you blokes say he is, its just my personal opinion.
    I am allowed an opinion am i not ?

No.

Now go to your room.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:38

pale Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 20:05

Tottenham Hotspur's Luka Modric has not issued transfer request

Luka Modric has not handed in an official transfer request, with Chelsea set to decide this week whether to make a third bid for the Tottenham midfielder, BBC Sport understands.

The 25-year-old has hinted he would like to join Chelsea, who have had bids of £22m and £27m rejected this summer.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay and manager Andre Villas-Boas will discuss whether to make a third offer or not.

But Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant his club will not sell Modric.

It had been thought Modric had handed in a transfer request, but it is now understood that this is not the case and Tottenham do no expect him to do so.
    Modric's agent has also previously said that the Croatia international has no plans to hand in a request to leave north London.

Tottenham have said Modric was not for sale "at any price", but assistant manager Kevin Bond told talkSPORT on Monday: "We desperately don't want to lose him, but everyone has a price.

"If somebody came along and the money turns your head and he did go - although the chairman is adamant he doesn't want to sell him - then we'd have to get on with it."

Bond later added in a statement: "For the purpose of clarification and in case my comments this morning inadvertently misled anyone, the club's position on Luka Modric is quite clear - we have no intention of selling him."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's most recents comments on Modric, who captained Spurs on their pre-season tour in South Africa, were that it was down to Levy, and that he felt the player was worth much more than Chelsea had bid.

Spurs also have the reassurance that Modric is tied into a long-term contract at White Hart Lane.

As well as Modric, Chelsea have been heavily linked with Palermo playmaker Javier Pastore - who is reportedly on the brink of joining Paris St Germain - and Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku.

The west Londoners have also had a bid accepted for Barcelona midfielder Oriol Romeu, who could help fill the void left by the serious knee injury suffered by the influential Michael Essien.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09 2011, 18:24

Peter Crouch hopes Luka Modric's rapturous reception from fans on Saturday will help persuade the Croatian to stay at Tottenham.
    Modric, 25, was making his first appearance at White Hart Lane since revealing his desire to join Chelsea.

He came off the bench in the 24th minute of Spurs' 2-1 victory over Athletic Bilbao, and was given an enthusiastic round of applause.

"He is a top player. We all want him to stay," said Crouch.

"I think he might have been a bit concerned about which way it would go but he got a great reception.

"That certainly makes it harder for him that the fans are right behind him.

"He knows that the fans here love him and hopefully he can stay here for as long as he can."

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has stuck to his position that Modric will not be sold, while reports suggest Chelsea are weighing up a fresh £30m bid for the player.

Tottenham first-team coach Joe Jordan added that Modric was an "exceptional professional" whose approach in training had not been affected by the transfer saga.

He said: "I think the players and the public appreciate him as a football player. But in the dressing room the players appreciate him as a person and a football player."

Meanwhile, Crouch said he had no intention of leaving Tottenham amid reports of interest from QPR and Sunderland.

"There is going to be speculation about your future but I'm extremely happy at this club," Crouch said.

"The aim has to be to get into the top four. It's going to be difficult. There are some top sides up there that have strengthened but I would still put ourselves right up there with a chance."
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Aug 10 2011, 00:10

as this is the Luka Modric thread, i thought i would post this image in here;

Luka Modric Thread 366339351
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Luka Modric Thread Empty Another Bid

Post by Boycey Wed Aug 17 2011, 15:39

I am not getting sick and tired of this Chelsea coming in with another bid for Modric, I do personally think if he doesnt want to be here then we have to sell him as a unhappy player is no good in any team. But on the other hand i think that some club needs to take a stand against these players who sign long term contracts and then want a move once their head has been turned(in my mind the turning club should get done) ....anyway i saw this in the Guardian as was wondering what others thought....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/16/chelsea-tottenham-hotspur

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Aug 17 2011, 17:39

Boycey wrote:I am not getting sick and tired of this Chelsea coming in with another bid for Modric, I do personally think if he doesnt want to be here then we have to sell him as a unhappy player is no good in any team. But on the other hand i think that some club needs to take a stand against these players who sign long term contracts and then want a move once their head has been turned(in my mind the turning club should get done) ....anyway i saw this in the Guardian as was wondering what others thought....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/16/chelsea-tottenham-hotspur

Boycey, we currently have a squad of 31 players, after the Keane sale. Weapparently have offers in for GDS, Hutton, Palacios and Crouch, which would reduce us to 27. We are looking to bring in 2 strikers, possibly Diarra and, also possibly, a CB taking us back to 31 players. We are currently needing to off load more then to realise a squad size of 25.

Why on Earth would we offload our best player and take on two players that we've not enquired about, one being injury prone and the other being just as poor as our current crop of strikers?

Not only do Chelski want to weaken us and strengthen themselves, they're now rubbing our noses in it by getting us to pay the wages of two players they no longer want, thereby helping them out more with FFP.

Sod this 'if he's not happy let him go' excuse. He was happy enough before Chelski came along and his situation at Spurs hasn't changed one iota. get on the pitch, play to his utmost, get us back into CL and challenge for the title.

He'll be over the f*cking moon by then I reckon!

NO SALE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Levy has already made that statement and he is 100% correct. Any other 'reasoning' is just weak willed excuse making that will, in the long run, undermine the club and see us dragged back into the mid table wannabe land we've just dragged ourselves out of.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 18:16

Boyceys "Another Bid" thread merged into this one as Lil Luka related. Thanx guys . . . . . flowers
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Aug 18 2011, 17:49

The rumours last week about Redkanpp wanting to sell Luka and Levy wants to keep him looks like they r true Redkanpp this morning saying sell him now he can get four players for the price of 1 Benayoun and Kalou from Chelsea Diarra from Madrid who will be the other one Parker ? none of them are fit to lace Luka boots. f-off Redknapp just say hes not for sale no more on the subject they will def come in with another bid now grrrrr
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 18 2011, 18:47

MarkA249 wrote:The rumours last week about Redkanpp wanting to sell Luka and Levy wants to keep him looks like they r true Redkanpp this morning saying sell him now he can get four players for the price of 1 Benayoun and Kalou from Chelsea Diarra from Madrid who will be the other one Parker ? none of them are fit to lace Luka boots. f-off Redknapp just say hes not for sale no more on the subject they will def come in with another bid now grrrrr

I have just posted what I think about Harry and his big gob on the transfer section.

I have always said it was going to happen and they wanted more money.

But if he's going then do it now not at 11.59 on August 31st.

I also worry about the class of player that Harry will bring in. The Kalou and Benayoun offer is rediculous they are both not good enough for our the first team.

It's worrying times.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 18 2011, 18:58

If Modric is sold it will mean we can never trust Levy again and certainly not Redknapp. I don't know. I am sick of all this. We are a selling club everyone else might as well queue up.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Aug 18 2011, 19:57

BazSpur wrote:If Modric is sold it will mean we can never trust Levy again and certainly not Redknapp. I don't know. I am sick of all this. We are a selling club everyone else might as well queue up.

I think we have to cut our losses and move on, is it good to keep a player against his will to leave , i don't think so, yea hes a great player but we can replace him with diarra and what with adebayor coming in i cant see a problem, in fact we will be stronger if chelsea throw in kalou ..i really think its time let him, we all know its no good having a player who isn't committed, Redknapp wont want him in the team , I believe he will go before the end of the season ..and hes been dropped from tonights game toe injury, yea righto

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 04:19